Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would ponies use weapons?

FoxyCryptid

Well, all of the ponies use their mouths to hold stuff, and I believe a sword wouldn't look weird at all... But also, Pegasus can hold some things under their wings as well.

i would imangine, with their mouths, or if you beleive the "sticky hooves theroy" then there you go, or you could make it so the swords are like on an arm band with the sword attached to that

• Brohoof 1

I don't think that in a pony universe, they would have developed a sword like weapon, but if they did have one for whatever reason, I agree that it would be held in the mouth. Were there a race of intelligent creatures that were pony-shaped, I imagine that they would use some sort of weaponized horse shoes instead, because using your mouth seems to me to be unfavorable.

I don't think that in a pony universe, they would have developed a sword like weapon, but if they did have one for whatever reason, I agree that it would be held in the mouth. Were there a race of intelligent creatures that were pony-shaped, I imagine that they would use some sort of weaponized horse shoes instead, because using your mouth seems to me to be unfavorable.

Pipsqueak had a toy sword in Luna Eclipsed, so I assume the real thing exists too.

Maybe the style would be kicks and tackles and they'd use their sword as a finisher.

• Brohoof 1

Or you can use another theory: Ponies don't use any standard human sword at all.

Posted Image

Holding heavy claymore sideway with your mouth is the fastest way to lose your balance, and whenever you tried to swing the sword, you will momentarily lose sight at your opponent,

It's better to have your sword fixed by a helmet or straps on your head, so you can see what you're hitting

• Brohoof 4

I don't think that in a pony universe, they would have developed a sword like weapon,

Posted Image

Swords and sword like objects are totally canon.

I always subscribed to the notion that they would hold them in their mouths, but it appears sticky hooves win the day.

• Brohoof 1

Well in Fallout Equestria, they hold their small weapons like pistols and melee weapons in their mouths. The bigger ones are strapped onto their back on a "battle saddle". I personally think the swords in the mouth would work, but that a be because I don't believe in stick hooves.

• Brohoof 1

Pipsqueak had a toy sword in Luna Eclipsed, so I assume the real thing exists too.

Maybe the style would be kicks and tackles and they'd use their sword as a finisher.

Posted Image

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYL2M0W6axA

Swords and sword like objects are totally canon.

I always subscribed to the notion that they would hold them in their mouths, but it appears sticky hooves win the day.

I'm not saying they aren't canon, I'm just saying that if there actually was a planet filled with intellegent ponies, that's not the sort of weapons they would be making. Definitely more along the lines of what they said.

Or you can use another theory: Ponies don't use any standard human sword at all.

Posted Image

Holding heavy claymore sideway with your mouth is the fastest way to lose your balance, and whenever you tried to swing the sword, you will momentarily lose sight at your opponent,

It's better to have your sword fixed by a helmet or straps on your head, so you can see what you're hitting

I'm not saying they aren't canon, I'm just saying that if there actually was a planet filled with intellegent ponies, that's not the sort of weapons they would be making. Definitely more along the lines of what they said.

Were talking about the shows cannon world though, not what it would be like in the real world in theory.

Posted Image

That looks kinda awesome.

I wonder if they could carry it sheathed and only pull it out for a finisher. Or maybe something on a foreleg similar to a hidden blade. After all, they only really need it to take their oppanants head.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

I have an idea about this in regards to pegasi in particular. Their wings offer them some options in the ways of manipulation beyond hooves and mouth. Further more, the Pegasus tribe was a Military Stratocracy. Wouldn't it make sense that they would put these two facets together?

Personally, I think they had something in the way of wing held weaponry. "Wing-swords" if you will. That's my opinion anyway.

I'm writing a Highlander crossover and I was wonder how you guys think Pegasi and Earth Pony immortals would fight in a duel.

in "Age of Equestria" the system we have used is that ponies can mount swords on their shoulders using a vest system, or don them on helmets like a rhino, it has worked remarkably well so far and our artists have been able to make it look great.

According to, well, never mind. It's pony after all.

I think pegasi can hold their swords with their forelegs while they're flying, since earth ponies may use their mouth to grab things, but face it, they don't have fingers!

According to my knowledge in weapons and cultures, swords have hilts which are designed for an easy grab of the weapon. We humans have fingers and sword's hilts are designed to fit our hand to make it easier to grab swords, but pony don't have fingers to grab things. Asking them to grab a sword is as hard as asking them to type with their hooves.

About weapons for ponies, I will prefer horned helmet or something which is tied to their forelegs. You know, it uses a kind of bracelet instead of hilts, and that makes more sense.

• Brohoof 1

they mouth but i hate the idea of swords in MLP world

if you see swords it made for hand so way not be creative and made mouth wepon 

imagen a gun that hold by mouth and click the triger by tung

i love the wepons in Volltron for the lions

ASMzine_Voltron_Allura_Blue_Lion.jpg

yellow+lion.JPG

watch same ZOIDS anime

zoid zero is so good

there a sowrd stand on the lion back

just make up new wepons that can be used with out hand

• Brohoof 1

Be aware that the pony universe is based on being funny, so to achieve whatever goal you strive for you can use any silly way that is working - it doesn't matter if it makes sense or not.

For example if I want my earth pony or unicorn OC to visit a pegasus character I would tie balloons to him so he can fly, like Pinkie likes to do.

Of course a pony is far too heavy to be carried by 20-30 balloons, but that doesn't matter. You can get through with anything if it's just funny enough.

My theory would be short blades along a pony's leg. There would be a strap-like object attached to the leg as well keeping the blade in place. There would be a mechanism on it that works similar to a modern pocket knife. (By quickly moving the leg, the blade would spin outward, snapping into place. Then the pony would press down on a button to sheath the blade)

Edited by Skar

I think that each type of pony would hold a sword-like weapon differently than the others. Earth pony may use their mouths or their hooves (I'm basing the hooves off the fact that all the ponies frequently use their hooves to hold things), while pegasi could use their wings. And, lastly the unicorns could use their magic. So because of the obvious differences in their bodies, earth ponies, pegasi, and unicorns might all hold them in different ways. That's my take on it! :D

• Brohoof 1