Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

King Shining and Queen Cadence?

pinkiefan1287

So Shining Armor married a Princess, does that make him a king now? Also does this make Cadence a queen? It has been on my mind lately, if they do get that kind of title after getting married. I mean Shining I think would be a pretty good king. He is a caption and has good leader ship skills, so he could lead a kingdom. Or maybe it only works for ponies in the royal family.

Now it may only works if Cadence is the Princess of this Crystal Kingdom or any kingdom, which I still think is a question we don't know yet.

It make's him a prince :), and i don't think that they would ever call anyone king or queen unless they are evil (Lauren said that Queen just sound's like a villan's title so she called Celestia/Luna princesses because they are not evil).

The girl's also seem to lead the kingdom, so i don't really know how it would work :P, I'm guessing they either rule together or he stay's captain of the royal guard and she rule's over her kingdom ( and they use Skype to talk to each other :) )

The only way we will know for sure in s3 e1 /2 i guess :P

Nope, it makes him a Prince.

If a Princess marries someone, they become a Prince, but are still called Prince and Princess because the Princess's parents are still on the throne, so only until the parent dies or hands the throne to the heir, do they become King or Queen.

Technically, as I remember, it´s Crystal Empire, so Shining Armor is probably king AND emperor/Caesar (which is 2o% cooler). But another thing - he has to be crowned by a pope in Ponycan, so it might take a while. Or if there´s an old king&emperor (Cadence´s daddy), they have to wait until he dies.

Edited by Suntouched Coco

I guess, since it seems that they are ******SEASON 3 SPOILER*******

ruling over the Crystal Kingdom, they could be considered Queen and King, but I don't think the writers will call them that.

It make's him a prince :), and i don't think that they would ever call anyone king or queen unless they are evil (Lauren said that Queen just sound's like a villan's title so she called Celestia/Luna princesses because they are not evil).

The girl's also seem to lead the kingdom, so i don't really know how it would work :P, I'm guessing they either rule together or he stay's captain of the royal guard and she rule's over her kingdom ( and they use Skype to talk to each other :) )

The only way we will know for sure in s3 e1 /2 i guess :P

If I remember correctly, Lauren had proposed Celestia (or whatever character would fill her role) be a queen. It happened to be the execs at Hasbro who considered queens being associated with evil in kids stories. Thus Celestia (and Luna) became a princess. Subsequently, I suspect they turned Chrysalis into a queen for the very same reason.

Shining Armor should probably technically be a prince. If there is already a ruling monarch for Cadance's nation---and I suspect the Crystal Kingdom is where she comes from---then Shining wouldn't become a king until that monarch passed on and Cadance assumed the throne. It would be kind of funny (though perhaps sad) if Cadance had to abdicate or forfeit the throne due to her marriage, similar to the debacle of Edward VIII of Great Britain.

• Brohoof 1

Unless one heck of a time passes I don't think either of them will become part of royalty or anything other then Shinning armor becoming a prince. They don't seem to have kings in equestria anyways.

And princess Celestia has kinda lived well... A REALLY LONG TIME!

So i'm pretty sure shes not dieing anytime soon...

I wonder why they even have a princess then?