Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How open are you about ponies?

Tiaaaaa

I'm semi open. Some days I feel self concious about wearing a pony shirt, and some days I go out thinking my pony shirt is the best shirt I have to wear. I've even shared my some fanfiction with my professional writer's group and they loved it. Still need to save up money to buy a pony shirt I can take to welding class! Show all them red-necks a what for! : D

(Nothing against rednecks, I grew up with them.) 

I'm increasingly open; albeit not in quite the same way as some.  I draw and post ponies on both Miiverse and dA.  I've gone to a local store wearing a Rainbow Dash t-shirt, and my nails were painted to match those in her mane and tail.  On my Facebook, I changed my relationship status and stated that I was in a relationship with a certain sky-blue pegasus.  I have been "caught" kissing my Rainbow Dash plushie on more than one occassion.

• Brohoof 1

Given that I don't wear any merchandise or really talk about the show, no one would know unless they saw me watching an episode. Even then, I wouldn't care at that point because I have no real reason to.

It's okay, like what you like.

I find myself a bit embarrassed to bring it up to people I don't know, merely because I'm afraid of them judging me. 

Like, no matter how I try and explain things they're like "......but you're just repainting a pony" and kinda don't listen or take me seriously from there... 

There are some people that are the complete opposite, and it surprises me most of the time but at the same time, am massively relieved, lol. 

• 4 months later...

I always keep it to myself, sometimes I just can't help it.

Like ponies are a huge part of me, and it might accidentally be brought up in conversation or when my parents point at pony merchandise in the store and embarrass me in front of people.

Oh gawd, make the giggling go away!!

I'm pretty open about it. All my friends know I'm a brony. I have two MLP shirts that I have no problem wearing in public. But I'm not gonna openly talk about ponies to a random stranger unless they start the conversation.

Whenever I would talk about mlp in public I would say to my friend the purple one or the blue one and just stuff like that like saying apple instead of Applejack im not that open with my bronyness

I probably dont get judged as much for it since im a girl, so im very open about it. If something reminds me of ponies or i just happen to feel like bursting out in a CMC song, then i will. But, you know, in the right situations. 

I feel very sad for the people on here who are so scared of being judged they cannot even openly express their interests. 

It hurts to know that two MLP fans could walk past eachother, both depressed, not knowing the other was just like them. But since they're afraid of being made fun of, they cant even wear their favorites t-shirts or backpacks. Had people been more open-minded, those two could have wore what they want, met over seeing eachothers merch and became best friends, pulling eachother out of depression.

Yet they just walk past eachother, never knowing that could have happened.

• Brohoof 3

It varies...among friends I'm very open about it and most people at my school know that I'm a brony...I still try to avoid some people knowing about it but I'm open most of the time  ^_^

I'm not very open about it. A couple of my friends and cousins know I like the show, and my sister and brother. I just told them I found the show by accident and it's actually pretty good. I didn't bring up the whole brony thing because I really don't want to have to get into explaining that. I don't have a problem with liking the show or other bronies (unless they caught the rabies). I'll only talk about the show/fandom if I know it's not going to cause unnecessary aggravation for me.

I just think the brony label itself is a hot potato. It might be good thing, but it could burn you also. ;)

Not really.  If someone wanted to ask me or find out.  They could.  I ponify my things and make it pretty clear that I am a brony but I dont explicitly say it.  The only thing I dont like to do is watch the show around other people

I'm not that open, not as much as I want to be.  Only two people, besides this forum of course, know about it, but I don't want to feel I have to hide it from everyone else.  That being said, I want to tell anyone who isn't going to give me a hard time about it and just accept it.  It's just that I don't know how people would take it.  I don't need to have 60 different conversations about it at work, explaining to everybody.  They are likely to not understand it since many of them are in their 50s or older.  However, I'm gonna need to start telling certain friends pretty soon.  Being a Brony can't be something I am just in my room alone.

I probably dont get judged as much for it since im a girl, so im very open about it. If something reminds me of ponies or i just happen to feel like bursting out in a CMC song, then i will. But, you know, in the right situations.
I feel very sad for the people on here who are so scared of being judged they cannot even openly express their interests.

It hurts to know that two MLP fans could walk past eachother, both depressed, not knowing the other was just like them. But since they're afraid of being made fun of, they cant even wear their favorites t-shirts or backpacks. Had people been more open-minded, those two could have wore what they want, met over seeing eachothers merch and became best friends, pulling eachother out of depression.

Yet they just walk past eachother, never knowing that could have happened.

This is something I've thought about a bunch.  This is why we need to we need to be open.  I would love to know someone IRL I can share ponies with.

Edited by Pinkie-Guy

I'm really open...

Most of my friends watch the show too, and we fangirl about it together. I have MLP school supplies and merch. People tease me about it a lot, but I just laugh it off and make a joke...

I tend to keep this sort of thing to myself.  However, my sister, her husband, and their friend all know because we're in the same house, and I told my Mom when I thought she'd gone into my room to check on my cat when I was out and she was visiting. I collect the toys, so if you go in there, you'll see them. As it turns out, she didn't actually go in, and didn't need to explain anything after all. I honestly don't like talking about it with anyone unless they're into it as well, it's just really uncomfortable for me.

I have worn pony shirts in public before, but I don't really like to unless I'm in a group, and in a place where no one who I don't want knowing about this could possibly recognize me (which is convenient for me that the group I see for meetups is 90 miles away from where I live).

On certain non-pony related sites/games I may have an avatar with a pony in it, but that's about as open as I'll get.

In any case, I don't want it to be the one thing that defines me to others.  Currently, some of my co-workers (jokingly) call me a drunk. I still find that preferable to being "the pony guy".