Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How open are you about ponies?

Tiaaaaa

I don't normally bring up the fact in conversation unless asked, but even then I'm still very open about being a brony. I don't go to any effort whatsoever to hide the fact. Everyone in my family, along with most of my friends/coworkers, know about it.

I am very open i go into town wearing my I'm a brony deal with it t-shirt and i go nowhere without my Rainbow Dash bling bag toy.

i still need to get the t-shirt... is there one with a lower logo so i won't have to lift my beard for people to see what it says? lol and yes i really do have to raise my beard for people to read anything that is on most of my shirts...

I've never felt the need to hide my love for MLP:Fim or My Little Pony at all! My family doesn't care but they tease me for liking a kid's show, hahaha! My friend's don't care, either, but two of my friends do like the show but not so much to get into the fandom. Doesn't bother me, though, I like having something to myself!

Around my close friends i'm very open about it but i don't shove it down their throats however during lunch you'll often find my best friend and i randomly singing Evil Enchantress :D I guess in total i'm pretty open about me liking the show if people are going to judge me over a TV show than they're not true friends at all.

• Brohoof 1

On Facebook, I literally responded to EVERYTHING using pony videos.

A friend would post, "I just got a <item> today", and I would post Scootaloo saying "Coooool."

I'm going to stop that, because no one talks to me on Facebook anymore :(

Irl, I don't really talk about it. I'm not as social irl as I am on the internet.

• Brohoof 1

I did a presentation about it not long ago, so people more or less know it now. I'm not seen as weird or anything, probably because I've actually showed them what it is. Most people tend to associate it with the original series if they haven seen G4, so that's why basically why I waited to tell anyone about it.

I'm starting to get more open about it, but I still usually won't bring it up in actual face to face conversation. I've only told my best friend and am working on converting him to the herd(its a slow process, but I'll get him yet).

I have a couple of friends that like the show so I'm open about ponies with them. Out in public and with my other friends that are not fans of the show and/or they haven't herd of it I keep MLP a secret cuz i know that they can get very judge mental and hostile. In the group I hang with I'm the token hater, rage face person so its very contradicting that I LOVE My Little Pony Friendship is Magic but to be honest I'm not a D bag at all just... misunderstood :(.

I am open about my Pony Love and I bribe all the guys in my RPG groups to watch the shows. I bake them cupcakes or other treats to get them to try the show out. I even made that offer to a guy at work. "Watch 2 episodes and tell me about them and I will bake you cupcakes or brownies. Your choice."

Hehe. For a friend's birthday, who is also a Brony (Or Pegasis if you prefer), I made her Gluten Free rainbow cupcakes. I was going to take my Pinkie PIe and custom her up as Pinkamina Diane Pie, and have her serve the cupcakes, but I got so sleepy and ran out of time.

When people tease me or make comments, I just laugh and tell them they can't make fun of it till they watch it. And inform that that all of my customers for customized ponies so far, have been men. And I tell them all about the Brony community and how great it is. They tend to shut up after a bit :D

completely opened about it..net and rl ... actually I enjoy telling peeps and seeing there reactions and how they try being funny and making jokes about it ...when in the end i laugh even harder on there reaction ;)

I drove to Walmart today blasting pony music with the windows down, walked in the store wearing my DJ P0N-3 shirt, and bought a bunch of blind bag ponies. Does that count as open?

Edited by Apple Bloom

meh if some1 sees me with ponies i usualy say i dont watch the show but i read the memes and i know the jokes and i am acting like a bronie from irony to troll everyone but at least i can be honest here and say with proud that i am 100% bronie.

I was just curious how open other bronies are about their brony-ness. Do you walk around proudly displaying it or is it on a strictly need-to-know basis?

Personally I'm completely open about it. I'm wearing a Princess Luna shirt from WeLoveFine right now (it was a gift from my little sister. She's so sweet. :P ). I don't randomly bring it up or try to shove the show down other people's throats or anything, but I'm not afraid to say I like it if it comes up or someone asks. How about you all?

Pretty much the exact same thing, down to the younger sibling t-shirt gift. My brother got me a Rainbow Dash shirt this Christmas, best gift I got!

On Facebook, I literally responded to EVERYTHING using pony videos.

A friend would post, "I just got a <item> today", and I would post Scootaloo saying "Coooool."

I'm going to stop that, because no one talks to me on Facebook anymore :(

Irl, I don't really talk about it. I'm not as social irl as I am on the internet.

Who needs Facebook? You have us! I would chat on Facebook with you though. I think that's cool hownyounrespond with that. I sometimes do that one YouTube if I can think of an appropriate reference.
  • Brohoof 1