Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Favorite Horror Movie

Lady Rarity Pony

Paranormal Activity and Zodiac are the only horror movies I've watched. I'm putting Zodiac cause I think it fits the category, don't know how it's officially classified but I consider it a mix of horror and thriller.

Paranormal Activity looks okay, taking the time to get you attached to the characters and putting you in confidence, then slowly building up pressure until the final climax. Though for that final scene, the "theater" version is too excessive; the alternate ending creeps me out more, you don't even see what happens to the man before the woman walks in and slits her own throat with a smile.

I've watched scenes and trailers of Poltergeist, Silent Hill, and the Scream movies. Poltergeist looks too ridiculous, I absolutely love Silent Hill's soundtrack, Scream seems to be an interesting enough series if the teasers are any indication of the whole.

As for games, I've only watched gameplay videos since I don't have a lot of games in the first place. I'm a fan of Amnesia for the disturbing storyline (especially since it's revealed slowly as you progress through the game), and the Fatal Frame series with its eerie soundtrack.

And more recently I've gotten an interest in games with puzzles. Like Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors, and Puppet Show 2: Souls of the Innocent for a more childish note.

Unfortunately, I don't recall reading any horror books. Unless you count History or Philosophy.

Edited by Feather Spiral
  • Brohoof 1

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark horrified the living shit out of me as a kid... Scary stories... scarier art...

Glad I'm not the only one here that enjoyed those books as a kid. :)

• Brohoof 2

Searched it on YouTube, it looks scary but cheap.

It's about two tourist girls who get lost in the country, so they seek shelter from an inhabitant of the village nearby. The host turns out to be a disturbed surgeon who's planning on sewing three people (the two tourists and an Asian guy already caught) in one row, from each one's butt to the next's mouth.

There also seems to be a second, this time about a mentally disturbed overweight guy who watches the first movie. Looking at his pet centipede, he is inspired to do the same... with twelve people instead of three.

Edited by Feather Spiral

Searched it on YouTube, it looks scary but cheap.

It's about two tourist girls who get lost in the country, so they seek shelter from an inhabitant of the village nearby. The host turns out to be a disturbed surgeon who's planning on sewing three people (the two tourists and an Asian guy already caught) in one row, from each one's butt to the next's mouth.

There also seems to be a second, this time about a mentally disturbed overweight guy who watches the first movie. Looking at his pet centipede, he is inspired to do the same... with twelve people instead of three.

Yeah I looked up the same thing though I couldn't tell whether the second movie was someone's parody or if it was just a really bad looking movie D:

Yeah I don't recommend any watch The Human Centipede. I watched it because it was on Netflix Instant but I wish I hadn't.

Horror movies don't scare me, very very rarely a single scene might scare me but in general I don't scare (and I don't startle easily either so those 'jump' scenes don't usually work on me.) However horror is my favorite genre. I don't think it needs to scare you to be good. For example my favorite horror movie is The Shining (even though it's totally different from the book.)

I also love going to haunted houses even though I don't get scared by them either. :D It's just fun. And I like to see the creative scenes they do, and all the props and music and such.

Edited by Neko-Chan

Yeah I don't recommend any watch The Human Centipede. I watched it because it was on Netflix Instant but I wish I hadn't.

Horror movies don't scare me, very very rarely a single scene might scare me but in general I don't scare (and I don't startle easily either so those 'jump' scenes don't usually work on me.) However horror is my favorite genre. I don't think it needs to scare you to be good. For example my favorite horror movie is The Shining (even though it's totally different from the book.)

I wouldn't consider The Human Centipede scary either, more like something that just makes you sick.

I'm never afraid of it being too scary, I'm afraid of throwing up if it is too gross D:

Ah maybe I won't watch it then...

Discordian is gonna make me though :P

Yea me too

That is the thing.

It IS too scary, and too gross.