Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Favorite Horror Movie

Lady Rarity Pony

• 2 weeks later...

The Final Destination was just silly, I understand horror and physics/logic don't always agree with each other but what the hell is the point of car explosions that launch engines across a stadium and convenient piles of gasoline that cause a chain re-action and blow up an entire mall.

Not to mention the internal gears of an escalator that can be jammed by a simple shoe yet somehow is able to shred an entire human body -.-

Edited by Lady Rarity Pony

I haven't seen FD4 and I hear there's a fifth coming out. The fifth one sounds like it'll have an interesting story though.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for a good story ;)

FD has had the same bland story for 5 movies :P

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I can't say I like any scary movie series. I kind of like saw, just because some of it is kind of clever. It's not what I'd like to call scary though.

Uh, favorite scary movie... lets see

Blair witch project, and the shining.

Both not really scary, just pretty amusing and thrilling. The thing had a good concept as well.

I hated horror before I watched it, I expected it to be way more scary than it is, although the only horror genre movies that I have seen are

The Grudge 3 and Scream, and to be honest I expected them to like scare me to the point where I couldn't sleep... I laughed through the whole thing because, I don't find horror scary, it was stupid how anyone actually gets scared by stuff like this is beyond me and if they even do, WHY DO YOU WANT TO SCARE YOUR SELF YOU GET NOTHING OUT OF IT! unless the ones I watched weren't scary at all.

I still dislike horror, but atleast I know I can watch it and not "Flip My Shit"

Edited by Flare

I like creepypasta. Especially slenderman stories. But I just can't fall asleep after. With movies I'll have to say mimic. Half of it is just plain creepy, the other half is epic and scary action. And dawn of the dead. That was epic. And scary. And bloody. And so pg 18.

the last final destination wasn't even scary. It was freking hillarious.

Yes. Yes it sounds like it was. I didn't see it, but my friend said something about a girl taking laser eye surgery, her eye splits open and the next day she goes to work wearing an eyepatch. Then she slips on a banana peel, falls out the window and gets hit by a car.

I'm not scared at all of horror movies nor games. Think it's because I was playing resident evil 3 on my PSX all the time when I was about 8 lol. anyways, my favourite has to be Last destination and Halloween (ah the good ol' movies) and maybe cloverfield, because of it's story and epic 1st person filming.

Huh? You hated it before watching it? :huh:

I could never( and still don't) understand why people want to be scared, I expected it to way more scarier ( as said in my post)

ugh DERAIL DERAIL DERAIL DERAIL DERAIL

my the power in my house is as reliable as a computer running vista.... the power went out... again

Edited by Flare

I've always felt that most horror series tend to be executed quite poorly, focusing more on tasteless gore and cliché shock scenes, rather than maintaining a feeling of apprehensive uncertainty throughout the film. On the odd occasion when a well thought out horror movie is released, the quality generally seems to swiftly slip as the series progresses.

One of my favourite horror films is "Let the Right One In (2009)" It's a great example of how horror should be done. To me, the movie appeared as raw and frightening as it did tender and intelligent, and most importantly, was a movie that actually moved me, rather than making me flinch or cringe periodically.

Hah, I just realised that I sound like a one of those overly conceited movie critics. ^_^