Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are some common misconceptions people have of you?

Shiki

I usually don't talk to anyone except for my friends and they know who I really am. Other than that, I'm very quiet and I remember in high school whenever I asked a question the room would be like "what? he can talk?!" Yes I can. Morons.

• Brohoof 1

-I'm Russian (Actually I'm French-Irish)

-I'm a complete commie ( I just float around the far left, I don't identify with any party or idea)

-I hate the U.S. (Not at all, but I don't agree with a lot of the politics and polices) 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

People would usually see me as confident, but I'm not really as brave as people think I am :rarity:

Also, I've noticed that people often see me as smart for some reason. I'm really not. I wouldn't be shocked if you could count my IQ on one hand XD

Edited by LittleMac
  • Brohoof 1

That I'm weird.

I remember being at a party and several people went to go get milkshakes from mcdonalds and it was just me and these two chicks and we talked for a while and they were like "wow youre actually pretty cool blah blah"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have had several people call me a "genius" before, most people irl assume I'm extremely intelligence, and I'm usually the first person they go to for help.

Really, I wouldn't even consider myself smart, let alone a "genius."

Edited by Bayonetta

People usually think that I'm weird or anti-social, when it's not true. They only call me weird since they don't get to know me. Anti-social because I don't talk much since I don't got much to say most of the time. 

• Brohoof 1

I have BPD so even I have a distorted view of my self-image. (My medications are improving my behavior and the way how I think of things though, so at least that's a bright side.) Though one of the hugest misconceptions is doubting my insecurities and taking them as a joke without serving the consequences. I can be very violent (been there, done that,) and I will lash out on those who take my heart to the next level.

In other words, don't duck with me.  >_>

I'm not sure if people do have misconceptions about me, I usually try to say what I think... which often makes me seem like a cunt but that's only because most people hide behind a thin veneer of civility which I find irritating.

I'm incredibly sarcastic but I've been told my sarcasm voice is almost indistinguishable from my regular voice so people find it hard to work out if I'm being serious or not.

I have a very dark sense of humour which can sometimes give people the impression that I'm a heartless bastard but I'm never sincere when it come to bad taste jokes... but then there's the issue of my sarcastic tone not coming through.

People on the internet probably get the impression that I'm angry and spiteful when in fact I just come to the internet when I fancy a discussion about contentious issues. I'm a British student so everyone I know is pretty open minded. Sometimes in order to have a good debate I have to seek out the Americans on the internet ^_^

• Brohoof 3

I don't have enough contact with people to know if they have any misconceptions about me.  I guess you'd have to ask them.  I know my friends do not have any misconceptions.  If I were to venture a guess, though, I'd say that most people probably think I'm very cold and mean, when the fact is I'm just shy and lack confidence.  I want to talk to people, but I just never really get the chance.

(edited)

My parents:
- Think that because I want some female companionship (I haven't had many notable female companionship moments in my life), it means that I'm desperate for a relationship. :baconmane:
- Think I'm close minded or limited myself socially when in reality, I'm just being picky/careful with who I befriend. :okiedokielokie:

Edited by CC_Maud_Pie
  • Brohoof 1

Some of the posts here relate to me as well, people think I'm a loner when I value a small group of friends. I mean if I had any that would want to hang out with me. I mean sure I respond to questions with short sentences but that doesn't mean I don't have any interest in talking. How else are you supposed to respond to a yes or no query?

• Brohoof 1

Misconceptions? That I'm much younger than 33 years old (growing a beard helped rectify this, but I'm still not there). That my daughter is NOT a little witch.. which she totally absolutely for certain is. :okiedokielokie:

• Brohoof 1

One misconception that people have of me is my voice. I was born without a partial esophagus and my windpipe was underdeveloped. So when I got older the doctors connected my stomach to my esophagus so I could eat and cut a hole in my neck and gave me a trachea so I could breathe. People thought that I smoked or I was an old man for my age because of my voice, but it was because of getting older and having a hole in my neck my voice not only got deeper it became more raspier.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

lazy dumb slow overweight not true total opposite tenchu mine is kind of the same way because im growing up I almost 12 so my voice cracks a lot but sounds the same way everyone things im gay becuase i like mlp and because i touch my friends in a friendly way not even sexually fuqing losers

Edited by ZaccMDL
  • Brohoof 1

Mainly that people think that I'm younger than I actually am, I've been told I look 15, but I'm 24. I also have been told that I'm stupid too, but that's due to mean kids in school.

(edited)

- I'm a slacker because I take too much time on tests

- I purposely ignore people

- I'm antisocial

- I'm a mormon because of my morals

- I'm tall so I'm older than I look

- I'm an attention whore

- I'm scared

Edited by IAmFluttershy

My gym Teacher Sees me as a fat lazy child just casue i hate gym and sports

But he is like 10 X bigger than me.

and others see me as some sort of Psychopathic murder but i never hurt anyone purposely (bugs don't count)

That I'm an underwater welder that wrestles with sharks. Haha actually somewhat true! Personality wise, people think I'm a drunk that has a tobacco issue as well. In reality I do enjoy the occasional drink after work and I do dip while on the job (but don't want us with sunflower seeds. O.o?) Also people think I'm a Republican because I'm somewhat conservative. I haven't even watched to news in 2 1/2 years (got rid of cable so I didn't have to hear about politics. :P)

Oh and people think I'm close to 30 despite turning 22 next Monday. XD

All my co-workers think I'm calm and quiet. I should show them this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhG7fFhCCvA

Three hundred dollar pieces of equipment and this is what I do with 'em...

Anyways, everyone at McDonald's thinks that I'm always angry, because I never smile. Truth is, I physically can't smile. If I could I would, but I can't. Oh sure, I can curl my lips in such a way that they bend upward, but it tends to make me look like a psychopath.

They always joke that someday I'm going to kill them all, since I'm so quiet and I usually keep to myself. Actually, this one's true. I've had fantasies of violently mutilating every single one of my co-workers with an axe since day one.

Who hasn't.........8D

One Misconception people probably think about me is that they think I'm Quiet.................well most of my customers.........HAhahaahahahahaha...........8D