Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What book are you reading?

Fridge

On 10/31/2017 at 2:06 AM, Eraser Pon3 said:

Right now, I'm reading Clockwork Angel. It's really well written and very suspenseful.

AHHH!!! Such a good series/universe!! Love Jem <3 and Will <3 I've also been reading her newer works which I'd totally recommend!

"The Latin kingdom of Jerusalem: European Colonialism in the Middle Ages" by Joshua Prawer turns out to be very good history book. It covers broad spectrum of aspects connected with Kingdom of Jerusalem - from their administration to the situation of local population. Next in queue - either "History of central-asian nations" by Bobojon Ghafurov (though it would be nice if he wouldn't write at least twice at every page about eternal rightness of marxism-leninism and its imminent triumph) or "SPQR: A History of Ancient Rome" by Mary Winifred Beard.

• Brohoof 1

Carpe Jugulum by Terry Pratchett. Drunk witches, garlic loving vampires, angry smurf aliens and multiple personality disorder. And I’ve only read 20% of the book so far.

• Brohoof 1

Just started Discworld #14, "Lords And Ladies". Also a couple of old SF paperbacks.

Also just started using Kindle, I bought 4 old SF stories as 'reprints' altho as Kindle books, not paper! Hence the need to get into Kindle.

Google for Hannibal Fortune agent of TERRA" :D bonkers but good fun.

-

• Brohoof 1

Instead of "SPQR" I bought "The Rise and Fall of Ancient Egypt", written by Toby Wilkinson. To be honest, I'm rather dissapointed - while it was a good description of the long Egyptian history, I have a feeling that author didn't describe too many details. I hope  to get another book about ancient Egypt soon, and "SPQR" is already bought - but I'll receive it as a christmas gift, so at the moment I'm book-less... except "History of central-asian nations", but reading about  history of Asia according to marxism-leninism is too much even for me.

I just finished reading Into the Beautiful North by Luis Alberto Urrea for my Mexican American Studies class.

Also read Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare on my own time. :adorkable: I'm a dork like that.

I'm about to start reading Volume 9 of the Sword Art Online light novels, because I can't wait any longer for the anime to start back up again. :scots: This volume is the beginning of a long story arc that will be the source material for the upcoming season.

A Brief History Of Time By Stephen Hawking. It's quite interesting, although some data is (unsurprisingly) outdated. So I back it up with some lectures by Lawrence Krauss and Neil Tyson.

• 3 weeks later...

Since I forgot to take with me War factory by Neal Asher with me to where I stay for Christmas, I brought along another book by the same author, same universe.

This is book 5 of the Agent Cormac series. So if anyone here want's to try out his books, go for Gridlinked which is the first.

I am 60 pages into this book and all I can say are that it's awesome.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS57T6wcBrt9Jda5biCVrF

Edited by Rainy_days

While waiting for the "SQPR" and "Salonica, City of Ghosts: Christians, Muslims and Jews", I bought Gerard Russel's "Heirs to Forgotten Kingdoms". It's a fascinating book, written by a british diplomat, about the current state of the ancient religions in the Near East - zoroastrians, mandeans, Kalash people... if anyone is interested in history, and wants to know more about religions that were persecuted so mercilessly by ISIS - i.e. Yazidis - then he/she should buy this book.