Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Gameloft game frustrations

MulberrySprig

Yo everypony,
I don't think I'm alone on this, but I wanted to rant and get some other's feedback too..

I know, I know: Love and Tollerate. But I'm a righteous pony, and the douchebaggery of Gameloft is driving me crazy.

It's a good game, yes filled with a cart load of glitches, but those I can live past. What I'm struggling with is the cost of advancing in the game. Literally. I've heard absurd calculations where you'd have to play ever day just to save up enough gems for a single character. That's absurd.
I don't mind a freemium game, but if you can't afford to buy things (specifically: crystals) that will get you ahead, I don't care if it's slower, just let the player have a chance to advance else wise!

Based on my research, I'm not alone in this, and there's a lot of frustration:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20629245

In this article alone it feels a lot as if Gameloft is discrediting the adult fan base. That seems like an absurdly stupid marketing move, Adults are the ones who are going to be able to buy the premiums that let you advance faster, but the prices are waaay too steep! I say to Gameloft: be reasonable! You get more bronies with honey than you do vinegar.

As a student, I straight up don't have a choice, there's no way I would ever pay the Gameloft prices for more gems. But even if I were working with good money, I still know a scam when I see one. I don't approve of gouging, especially when I am a user and fan of this game otherwise. Charge for the app, make the prices more reasonable, do SOMETHING OTHER THAN WRITE OFF YOUR USERS.
*sigh*
I guess I'll just play until I run out of ability to advance.

Thoughts on the matter? Rants?

-Mulb

PS if You're interested in chest trades or gifts my GL ID is: MulberrySprig

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I remember when I first heard there would be an official MLP: FiM game for the iPhone, I was interested. Then I saw who was developing it...and that was the day when all my high expectations jumped off of a cliff head-first. Seriously, though, this was surprising to me, even for Gameloft.

But really, "They can pay for in-game content, but you can enjoy it very much without paying anything." I call bullcrap. I read that it would take around 15 years of returning every day to get enough to beat the game.

• Brohoof 2

I was never even able to download the game on my Android device in the first place. But from what I've hear about it, it certainly seems like I'm not missing anything worth my time.

~~

You know, there is an easy way to get gems. Alls yous gotta do is click on the place where you go to buy gems. Then, at the bottom, it says "GET FREE GEMS!" Click on that, and there should be a video. Watch it- the longest one is 30 seconds- and bing bang boom! You got yourself a nice, shiny gem. You can do that 10 times a day, sometimes 20, until you save up enough for whatever you want. Rarity, here I come!!!!!

PS. This works for me. It might not for you.

Add me on GL Live: larry45238

Edited by RainbowTheNinja
  • Brohoof 2

You know, there is an easy way to get gems. Alls yous gotta do is click on the place where you go to buy gems. Then, at the bottom, it says "GET FREE GEMS!" Click on that, and there should be a video. Watch it- the longest one is 30 seconds- and bing bang boom! You got yourself a nice, shiny gem. You can do that 10 times a day, sometimes 20, until you save up enough for whatever you want. Rarity, here I come!!!!!

Ummm, where is the get free gems button?

post-8916-0-73990000-1356760870_thumb.jpg

Call me blind, but I don't see it.

Besides, that would be WAY too easy. I guess one can dream...

• Brohoof 1

Yeah you are right but you know life is business and everyone on earth need money I know that the things to buy in the game are very expensive but just play the game if you don't have the time to get all those things well just don't play the game personnaly I've played this game for hours and I stoped because it pissed me off after a certain time and think about the people who worked on this game they need to get pay you know

Ummm, where is the get free gems button?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Call me blind, but I don't see it.

Besides, that would be WAY too easy. I guess one can dream...

Thats odd, I get the free gems sign on the left amoung the gems there. Maybe its because I play on an Ipad rather than a mobile phone.

Thats odd, I get the free gems sign on the left amoung the gems there. Maybe its because I play on an Ipad rather than a mobile phone.

I play on my iPad too, but I've never seen a "Get free gems!" button either. And there's no update required, so I don't know how I could get free gems. :(

There are cheat codes if you get busy. I suggest use those. Just contact me if you need them. I am pretty sure game loft won't fugue it out for a long time. Just be quiet about it

For ipod? I hope its for i pod. As for the ponies i think some of the gem prices are ridcilous. Princess Celestia costs £40 worth of gems

I think the eentire Mane 6 should be paid in coins, an far as now i myself have Twilight, Applejack, Pinkie and Fluttershy, i'm saving gems for Rarity. But one great way of getting gems is defeating parasprites, (35% chance of getting a gem) or finding Derpy (15 % chance of getting a gem). 

I do agree that the cost of items in the game are Way too high! I still like the game it's not the best but it offers distraction. I really wish that a company like Bethesda Game Studios would create a MLP RPG game. You create your own pony who has just moved to Ponyville all the mane 6 could be side characters and this is where you get your first quests(helping applejack with the farm, helping collect party supplies for pinkie pie, Help twilight collect books,etc) Eventually you can travel to the Everfree forest,canterlot,etc. You should be allowed to chat with other players and play minigames with them. I would also love to have a quest to help Derpy create muffins :wub:

• Brohoof 2

I as well play on an iPad (iPad 2 to be exact), and as you can see, there is no "free gems" button. So maybe the game is glitchy and just doesn't show the button for me. Pero, yo no sé.

(Pics or it didn't happen)

Edited by Master Blade the Bearded

I as well play on an iPad (iPad 2 to be exact), and as you can see, there is no "free gems" button. So maybe the game is glitchy and just doesn't show the button for me. Pero, yo no sé.

(Pics or it didn't happen)

Actually I just looked and its not there anymore. I know it was there until quite recently though because I did a survey involving Australia to get gems through that.

I had it too. I thought I could spam advertisements everyday and hurl my way into getting enough gems to even try to get Celestia or Shining Armour/Cadence.

I have to say, I'm not a fan of these types of games at all. It's just money whoring all the way through. Valve sells cosmetics for Team Fortress 2 and the prices are not nearly as ridiculous as the prices for gems. Not anywhere near. It's a good time waster, but that's all it is for me. There was some hack you could download, but Gameloft patched it so it wouldn't work. Allowed you to get everything for free - except someone made another version which didn't break it so much you couldn't actually play it. It allowed you to buy everything with bits rather than hearts and gems. Like 100 bits for each heart and gem, though I feel it should be 100 bits for one heart and 1,000 bits for one gem. Therefore it's 950,000 bits to buy Celestia, which is a ton more reasonable than 950 gems.

I thought this would be an MMO game that Gameloft put their time into and worked hard on.

But then I just realized it's just another freemium evil farmville clone out for your money. ;~;

For ipod? I hope its for i pod. As for the ponies i think some of the gem prices are ridcilous. Princess Celestia costs £40 worth of gems

Yes, the cheat code has to do with time. Basically, go into general settings. Go to date and time. Press, set manually. Set the day back to a certain day (a few days back). Switch to the MLP Game. Than switch back to settings. Up one day. Switch back to the app. The app will say a day has passed (when it hasn't). Do the same steps until you get back to a normal day. Than make the time set automatically. You will get a ton of gold coins if you repeat 5-10 times

Thank you so much for sharing this with everyone, I'll have Sweetie Belle in no time.  I thought I'd never have enough gems for anything gem related in the game, and now I'll have tons.  Gameloft has made it so much easier to get gems.  I play the game on an iPhone 4 if anyone is curious.

Edited by Rolls Royce

Ummm, where is the get free gems button?attachicon.gif http://mlpforums.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach§ion=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=34725]image.jpg[/url]Call me blind, but I don't see it.Besides, that would be WAY too easy. I guess one can dream...

Right in my disclaimer, may not for you... Anyway, as soon as I made that post it stopped working for me, too. In all, I got 100 gems from that, but I still don't have enough to get Rarity! Stupid freezing made me buy Sweetie Belle by accident!! Not to mention all those stupid Hearths Warming quests!!!

Also, while this topic is on frustrations, anypony else use Tapjoy? Mlp is in fact on tapjoy but the gems I am supposed to eat never come. They do on all the other games I have on tapjoy... Hmm...

Edited by RainbowTheNinja

Actually I just looked and its not there anymore. I know it was there until quite recently though because I did a survey involving Australia to get gems through that.

RAGE QUIT!

My friend has a nook, which runs on Android, and he has the get free gems button! I was literally just staring at it thirty seconds ago!

This is completely unfair! Why does one platform have it, but the other doesn't?

God, I'm just pissed off right now!