Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will rainbow dash ever join the wonderbolts?

Grey Light

(edited)

In the depiction of the show, it's probably because she does not fall under the majority of Wonderbolts member criteria, which probably includes good sportsmanship, non-laziness, or something other that she lacks in her personality.

This makes the most direct sense of any explanation I've seen thus far. She's talented but she also sometimes cheats to get her way, is overly boastful, prideful, etc.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Her attitude is probably the biggest reason she wouldn't be accepted into the Wonderbolts, for she sometimes cheats (as seen in the Iron Pony competition), she is very laid back (as seen during her first appearance) and is over boastful (as seen in The Mysterious Mare Do Well)

You know what, the Wonderbolts won't let her join because the Wonderbolts be jealous!

Who wouldn't be Jealous of this?

Posted Image

Edited by Tom

Her attitude is probably the biggest reason she wouldn't be accepted into the Wonderbolts, for she sometimes cheats (as seen in the Iron Pony competition), she is very laid back (as seen during her first appearance) and is over boastful (as seen in The Mysterious Mare Do Well)

Great minds think alike~

This makes the most direct sense of any explanation I've seen thus far. She's talented but she also sometimes cheats to get her way, is overly boastful, prideful, etc.

Yeah, based on the continuity of the show, she'd probsbly would've learned to not do those things from Fall Weather Friends, and Mysterious Mare Do-Well, respectively. I'm guessing that they're still just a part of her personality, but now she doesn't do those things to a limit where she'd need to re-learn those lessons.

Yeah, based on the continuity of the show, she'd probsbly would've learned to not do those things from Fall Weather Friends, and Mysterious Mare Do-Well, respectively. I'm guessing that they're still just a part of her personality, but now she doesn't do those things to a limit where she'd need to re-learn those lessons.

Good point...

Then I go back to my previous point, she doesn't want to abandon Ponyville and her friends.

• Brohoof 1

Its simple

1. She is way too hotheaded

2. Hasbro is greedier than Scrooge

3. Aliens

Common misconception. Scrooge wasn't greedy. He wasn't even evil. He closed himself off from the world because emotions hurt too much. He walled himself in with his money and isolated/insulated his heart from the rest of humanity with it. Can you tell that "A Christmas Carol" is one of my all time favorite books?

Rainbow Dash forever ruined her chances of joining when she saved the three head Wonderbolts in Sonic Rainboom. Sure Spitfire thanked her later, but the group was humiliated by having their star members be rescued by a total amateur...Right in front of Princess Celestia! Poor Dashie doesn't have a chance now!

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash forever ruined her chances of joining when she saved the three head Wonderbolts in Sonic Rainboom. Sure Spitfire thanked her later, but the group was humiliated by having their star members be rescued by a total amateur...Right in front of Princess Celestia! Poor Dashie doesn't have a chance now!

That seems a little petty, but possible.

Overboastful yes. But she didn't cheat in the Iron Pony competition. In other athletic competitions, it lets you use your entire body unless previously outlined that it is an illegal action. Not part of the rules=not cheating. Dirty, yes, cheating, no.

TROLLESTIA PIC

i mean you cant deny it, shes the one that said thats shes th best flyer in equestria, and probably the one controlling the wonderbolts to.

The Wonderbolts are the Royal Airforce, so yeah, she'd control 'em. *Hoofed.

She's Self-Centered and is pretty lazy.

FINALLY someone elsesays it too! RD is my least favorite character out of the Mane 6 because of how selfish she can actually be. If she was a little more pleasant to be around in general maybe they would actually see her as a good team member. Thats what the Wonderbolts are about (I suppose they involve team stunts). If she shows off how demanding she is that only hurts her chances.

I think its because she still has so much to learn, although she is an great athlete, she still isn't responsible to be a part of the wonderbolts, but in skill she is BY FAR 20% cooler than all the wonderbolts!

• Brohoof 1

It'd be nice, but I don't think that'll ever happen. Since there would be all that drama with her not having enough time for her friends, I'd hate for her to give up on her dream (I'd be disappointed). And it would kinda be a repeat of the episode where Rarity becomes a popular pony in Canterlot. But you never know, maybe she does somehow get involved with the Wonderbolts in a future episode, if not join them. THe writers are creative, so if they do, it probably wouldn't ruin her dream.

Viridian is right. Getting on the wonderbolts will remove Rainbow from the show.

You won't ever see the cutie mark crusaders grow up ro get cutie marks either.

beloved cartoon characters are caught in a timeless limbo.. The writers won't let them grow apart from the most iconic moment.

I don't think she will join them, but the Wonderbolts will realize she completely outranks them. She would be offered a part, but would decline due to the intense training and never being able to see her friends.

• Brohoof 1

Totally! Rainbow Dash will eventually make the wonderbolts but! not until she grows up a bit, age wise. and she needs to be less selfish at times, whens shes overcome her challenges shed make an awesome teamate!

• Brohoof 1

That would make a nice episode. Rainbow manages to join the Wonderbolts but ends up realizing that she'd much rather be with her friends. There. Just made a plot AND a nice ending letter to the princess. :D

• Brohoof 2