Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where does Rainbow Dash live?

Princes  Cadance

I'm just wondering because, re-watching "Wonderbolts Academy" I noticed in the first scene, when the mane 6 were picnicking outside, Rainbow Dash's mailbox was right next to them. So does Dashie live on a hill with no house, or did Hasbro just move the mailbox there to emphasize the point of the first scene, or maybe the mane 6 just moved the mailbox (which in that case, how did the mail pony know where it is lol)?

So just wondering, what do you guys think?

In the first scene you see her house floating above where they are all sitting. So the mail box was on the ground below her house for those non-flying mail-ponies I assume ^^.

• Brohoof 1

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Rainbow_Dash#Residence

That should clear everything up.

In short, in a cloud palace somewhere in Ponyville.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

It looks kinda something like that, but the look does have slight change from episode to episode, most likely due to animation errors or something like that.

In the first scene you see her house floating above where they are all sitting. So the mail box was on the ground below her house for those non-flying mail-ponies I assume ^^.

Ahh, ty I just needed some clearing up.

I misunderstood what the cloud above them was supposed to be, I guess that's Dashie's house

• Brohoof 2

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Rainbow_Dash#Residence

That should clear everything up.

In short, in a cloud palace somewhere in Ponyville.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

It looks kinda something like that, but the look does have slight change from episode to episode, most likely due to animation errors or something like that.

This.

However, that is very poor placement of the mailbox. Somepony could just walk over, vandalize, and walk away while Rainbow Dash is in the clouds. <_<

• Brohoof 2

This.

However, that is very poor placement of the mailbox. Somepony could just walk over, vandalize, and walk away while Rainbow Dash is in the clouds. <_<

D: Nopony's that EVIL in Ponyville, c'mon man. This is Ponyville. That's just low level evil. 

But yea she lives in the clouds. I remember seeing it in the past episodes a few times.

• Brohoof 2

D: Nopony's that EVIL in Ponyville, c'mon man. This is Ponyville. That's just low level evil. 

But yea she lives in the clouds. I remember seeing it in the past episodes a few times.

Well what's stopping an outside from just marching into ponyville, I mean it's not like theres a giant glass bubble around it lol

I forget what the episode (the one where Gilda was introduced) you see Rainbow Dash's house in all of it's glory floating along a dirt path alittle outside of ponyville. Since it is a cloud, I assume that it doesnt stay in one place forever.

• Brohoof 3

Its funny, she has a extremely expensive looking house, yet she spends more time sleeping in a tree or on some other random cloud.
As for it constantly changing shape, my head canon says its because its a cloud. Easy to shape.

Edited by zRevenantz
  • Brohoof 4

Wasn't Rainbow's house shown in "Party of One" episode when Pinkie was singing her invitation song? I'm sure there were other times too. As a side note it kinda seems her house evolved at some way. I'm not sure but it looked somewhat... ... not so light in color compared to the newest episode.

I would figure her cloud house moves around some and it is simply easier to have a mailbox on the ground where any of the mailponies can place her mail.  Plus it removes the potential for parcels to fall through the clouds.

• Brohoof 2

I dont know why, but I was always under the impression that Rainbow Dash still lived in Cloudsdale, and all the sightings of her house I thought was just a distant view of the much bigger Cloudsdale. If its actually her house, than she must be much more wealthy than all the other ponies since her house is so much nice looking. I mean seriously, its a sky mansion!

She doesn't necessarily need to be rich. Since her house is made of clouds and all I wouldn't imagine that it would be terribly hard to build. She might have even done it herself. How much does a lead weathermare get paid anyway I wonder?

• Brohoof 2

Her mailbox is probably on the ground because earth ponies and unicorns who don't know levitation and cloud walking spells need to deliver her mail somehow.

As for her house changing, it is made of clouds. One simple look at a cloudy sky would tell you that they change a lot. Also, RD might enjoy remodeling a lot, since it'd be easy to do with clouds. As for the size, she could be wealthy, or she might actually be quite poor, and made her house from clouds because hey, clouds are free. If you're going to build a cloud house, you may as well go all-out and make it a mansion :D

• Brohoof 1

She lives in her cloud house named "Cloud Miniom" (excuse me if I spellt it wrong)

Her house has been in a few episodes...

Griffon the bush off

Swarm of the century

Party of one

And lots others... Thoes are the ones I can think of right off the bat

Actually I look at it this way.  Rainbow Dash gets a decent amount of bits from leading the weatherponies.  She also gets prize money from things like winning the young flier competition.  She has very few expenses.  Hence the bits pile up and she decided to use them for an awesome house to fit her personality and so she would have a place to her own away from all the other ponies where she could sleep (and read) without being disturbed.  It is also a little piece of Cloudsdale in Ponyville.  It is something other ponies can look up to and gape at its majesty.  It is awesome as befits her nature.  I also kind of figure that since it is not a part of Cloudsdale and it is above Ponyville, it probably escapes all of those pesky tax laws.

Lives in the biggest house of all the mane six, but sleeps in trees and clouds instead. Rainbow Dash logic /facepalm

but the mailbox is on the ground, so non-flying ponies can deliver mail, like someone above said :/

It's funny, I was just going to reply "She lives in Cloudsdale", but then I noticed she seems to be all over the place.

But I think she does live in Cloudsdale since we see her actual bedroom in "Read it and Weep" But I'm guessing she always likes to take naps in random spots like trees and small clouds. Makes me wonder if Rainbow even uses her bed to sleep...

I am under the impression her house can be so fancy/changes so much because it's made of water vapor. That she can change the shape of through pegasus magic.

Edited by Coachskau

(which in that case, how did the mail pony know where it is lol)?

Mail pony powers most likely.

And yeah I think Rainbow lives on that cloud, we always see her sleeping on. Then cloud is usually low to the ground, so maybe she wants to reside somewhere that's near to her friends but still in the air.

In my view (which I'm pretty sure is also cannon) is that Rainbow Dash lives on her cloud house. Which is located in the sky near the outskirts of Ponyville facing towards Cloudsdale. While she does live there as we see her in her bedroom reading Daring Do books in one of the episodes, she sometimes just takes naps on her own little cloud or on the branch of a tree.

Now I'm guessing she couldn't afford that house, unless she's a really good weather pony. So her parents must have chipped in for her as well.

So to simply put it, she lives in a house.

• Brohoof 1

i get the vibe that Equestria isnt as capital driven as Earth is. maybe RD's services as a weather pony have been her contribution to Ponyville, and the town helped by supplying her with shelter. her house might just be loaned to her as long as shes productive in the town, similar to how Twilight lives in a library as long as shes studying there. when you think about it, all the ponies contributions to the town are what has given them their housing, possibly with the exception of AJ, who lives on property that supplies the town with food.  As far as i know, her family owns that farm, so she lives for free since she supplies work. 

Ponyville seems to live up to the Utopia theory, where the citizens of a town all contribute a skill or talent to benefit the collective group, and in turn are provided with what they need to survive. theres still a currency system in place, but its not as dominant as it is here on Earth.