khaine21x3

Hapiness  

214 users have voted

1. 1. Are you happy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

Am I happy?

Gee whiz, you say that's a simple question, but I'm not so sure it is. Overall though, I reckon I'm a pretty happy person. Takes a lot to get me down, and, when I see the people around me, I consider myself really lucky.

So yea - I'm happy.

No reason right now not to be ^^

(edited)

I'm completely miserable and hate my own existence. My usual emotions are stressed, angry, scared, bored, annoyed, lonely, and sad. I enjoy very few things and find almost every aspect of life difficult, even the fun things are usually unpleasant. I hated my childhood, my teenage years too, so far I hate being an adult too. I have no desire to do anything with my life, I do not believe it can get better, and I think attempts to make it better are a waste.

If I'm honest about this, people won't like me, or even if they do it stresses them out. I often don't enjoy spending time with friends for this reason, either I'm lying or I'm being honest and upsetting them, I hate it. Friendship kind of sucks. I have a best friend I really care about though, so I can't leave. I hate real life socializing, it's awful.

I don't want a job, I don't want a relationship, I just want the world to leave me alone, I hate people describing life as a "gift", I sometimes resent my parents for having me, life is all meaningless in the end anyway.

I lie a lot about this. Even when I'm honest I'm usually not entirely honest, I understate my feelings so they don't seem as awful as they are, but I never shut up about them because I want someone to convince me otherwise. I get the feeling I'm going to destroy all my friendships because of my feelings, it's what I deserve really.

I'm shocked... Guess I'm not alone. 

I hate all humans, good ones and bad ones and myself. I want to kill myself so bad, I think about it every minute of my day. I do have a job though, a very demanding, stressful and depressing job. I pray every night that I could either gather enough power to end myself or get a terrible disease and die. I smoke, drink, swallow random pills and cut my chest with knives and I am still very healthy which makes me extremely angry. I was bullied my entire childhood, everything I did was a fail, as much as I try I am a failure.

Only two people are preventing me from suicide, my mother and my very close brony friend. I admitted to them both that I am length of an ant far from suicide and they are obviously not happy, but the part of me doesn't want to do it because of them, and that makes me very angry. I started abandoning my friends in order to get closer and closer to it, but those two are tough to get rid of. I wish I wasn't making connections to people at the start, things would've been much easier. I just want to go to peace. Who knows, maybe one day I won't care about my mother and a friend anymore and I might just do it.

Edited by ILikeNightmares

I'm shocked... Guess I'm not alone. 

I hate all humans, good ones and bad ones and myself. I want to kill myself so bad, I think about it every minute of my day. I do have a job though, a very demanding, stressful and depressing job. I pray every night that I could either gather enough power to end myself or get a terrible disease and die. I smoke, drink, swallow random pills and cut my chest with knives and I am still very healthy which makes me extremely angry. I was bullied my entire childhood, everything I did was a fail, as much as I try I am a failure.

Only two people are preventing me from suicide, my mother and my very close brony friend. I admitted to them both that I am length of an ant far from suicide and they are obviously not happy, but the part of me doesn't want to do it because of them, and that makes me very angry. I started abandoning my friends in order to get closer and closer to it, but those two are tough to get rid of. I wish I wasn't making connections to people at the start, things would've been much easier. I just want to go to peace. Who knows, maybe one day I won't care about my mother and a friend anymore and I might just do it.

For me, I feel like it just started with apathy. I didn't care about the things I was supposed to and my life just spiraled down from there. It's not even bad really, at least to someone else it might not be, but to me it feels like a prison.

But it still leads back to apathy. I panic over things but I don't really do anything about them because the effort feels pointless and wasted, I just sit back, hope it goes well, and know it's all going to crash down eventually and that at best it won't be this time, or maybe at best it will. I don't enjoy my life but I've gotten used to it, I have a few things I kind of like and I guess I cling to them a lot. I care too much about hurting others and I fear pain too much to ever try to kill myself. I'm just sort of...waiting. Waiting for my life to end, it'll come eventually. It's like life is a waiting room, and it's awful and painful and boring but I feel like I might as well read the magazines while I'm here.

I have my best friend and he means a lot to me and I've thought of isolating myself from him but it'd hurt him and I'd be completely empty if I did that so I don't do it. Really, the thing is that I don't want to die, but I don't want to live, I just sort of wish I never existed in the first place, there'd be no dilemma then. I couldn't hurt anyone, I wouldn't have to suffer through life or death, life would just go on like normal. I still wish things would get better sometimes, but I just don't really see how they could. Even if they did I don't think it'd work for me.

I don't smoke, or drink or take pills, I just sit at home on the internet all day. Been doing that for a few years now, just sitting here, waiting, Wasting away. Wish I could say something helpful I guess, got nothing. Guess you can take the knowledge that someone else understands at least some of what you're going through, even if our experiences don't match perfectly.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

It's complicated. On one hand, I live with constant depression so finding happiness is a struggle and a half. But on the other, starting my gender transition had made me a million times happier than I was before.

Yes and no. Yes, I am happy that I have been granted a relatively stable life... but no, due to how much progress I have in the betterment of my overall life. The key for me is to remain grateful for what I have while still aiming for the stars... and I still struggle with this balance today.

Hard to say, really... Momentary happiness is something I experience quite often, thanks to positive experiences or sometimes even just the lack of negative ones. However, I'd say overall happiness is an area where I have a lot of room for improvement. There are several things I'd need to change to truly achieve it, and I'm not particularly optimistic about that happening anytime soon. So I could say both answers are right, depending on the viewpoint.

• Brohoof 2

I'd consider myself being in the middle road. I have a house, I eat three meals a day and have an education. That's great, but I still feel like I'm living a life that will end in disappointment. It is what it is, I guess.

Edited by Cash In

Right now? Yes.

Most of the time? Not really. I'm usually a depressed, anxious wreck of a person. Nonetheless, I've been able to appreciate the people I have recently after getting together with my romantic partner (however much I don't entirely like using that phrase, it's fresh for me). He's really been a huge help to my mental state. :)  

Edited by Dusklicious

As myself and where I am in life? Definitely not. Depression, anxiety and self-loathing are the norm for me. I don't like myself that much. There are things I am definitely happy for in my life, I try to appreciate a lot of different things. Being who I am though, mostly a failure, mostly incompetent, it is hard to be happy about being me.

I won't say that I'm truly happy, but I can't say I'm unhappy at all. I don't really think I've experienced true unhappiness yet in my life. Excuse me if that sounded like a brag, but I didn't mean it that way. 

I'm still relatively young and I haven't been through a lot yet, but as of right now, I've had everything in my life handed to me. I've never had to face any serious dilemmas or hardships and I consider all my problems are minor ones. I'm really in no position to complain about the first world problems in my life, I know many people have their lives much worse than me, and I know that I am a lucky individual. 

Where I am currently, I consider it a grey area of mediocrity. I have some worries building up and pressure to keep up with others at my level, having to start considering where I'll be after post-secondary school, plus some problems I have with social skills and my relationships with others. But I also have a lot of good things in my life, loving friends and family, food, education, etc. I can't say that I'm happy, but I am thankful for the things that I have in my life.

• Brohoof 1

Nope! :-P

I've got some ground to cover before I find happiness. But I keep my spirits up, push on and make the most of what I currently have. I wouldn't get anywhere if I sat around feeling depressed and miserable. Gotta keep marching forward if I wanna find happiness. Exhausting as heck and I don't confide in others as much as I should. But I'll make it to where I want to be somehow.

• 2 months later...

Overall and right now, yes. I like me, and I like my life. Things could always be better, but they could always be worse, and I'd rather look at the better, thanks.

Oddly enough, I do think I am! May it be in my relations with people, the way I look , my studies.... I do think it can't get better than this!

That wasn't always the case, though; I used to be fragile, insecure, shy... the way I dealt with it was that I just refused it, you know? So I just worked on it , like you work on any homework or assignment. I believe happiness comes from yourself, first; then from other people; if you're unhappy, it's mostly likely for what you are, and I get it, really. But you gotta look at yourself in the mirror, and if you truly want to change things, I believe that with enough motivation, you can. It may be terrifying; it was for me, as I had to redefine pretty much everything about me in the way I like it; and just decided to stop letting life roll over me, you know?

(sorry for this long post; got a lot of things to say)

• Brohoof 1

No, and I doubt I'll ever be truly happy since my dreams are so unobtainable. I'll have an average life (probably alone), do average things, and never feel fulfilled because of it.

But hey, I get to go to the last BronyCon, watch PrinceWhateverer perform live after the closing ceremonies, ride a motorcycle relatively soon, and finally live on my own. Not that it all matters, but at least all that'll give me a small, temporary amount of joy in my dull life.