Are you happy?

khaine21x3

Hapiness  

214 users have voted

1. 1. Are you happy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

As much as I'd like to say I'm joking, I barely ever feel any other emotion than neutrality. I maintain a practically constant emotional state and rarely ever react to anything, even death in my family. I don't express emotion very well. It has been suggested to me before that I'm sociopathic and I can neither deny nor confirm that since my friends and I think I'm a decent guy, at least.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations

No, I can't honestly say that I am.

There is no such thing as true happiness, because there's always a dark cloud looming overhead, even if you don't notice it for a while.

I feel like I should be happy, which is what also contributes to my unhappiness. I have an all right family life, even if my parents dislike me, I live in a rich household, I can attend school, I'm healthy and have access to doctors, and I'm not in danger of being murdered or raped or enslaved.

But even with all that, I still have so much trouble expressing myself and come off as angry and uncaring. And the scary part is that I'm pretty sure I am like that. I'm just an angry, hateful, stoic human being.

Edited by PinkieDaShy

In the short term, things are going alright compared with life in general so I'm just kind of "meh," but in general I would say I'm not happy. I'm currently thousand of dollars in debt so that I can attend a university at which I am completely alone most of the time, yet I still make no real progress on my novel or anything, and this will all result in getting a degree which probably won't get me a job. After graduation, I will be underemployed, working for someone I hate for hardly any money. I will continue like this until I am in my sixties, and then, if the politicians in Washington haven't gotten us all killed yet, I'll probably die alone from a heart attack due to all of the horrible chemicals I've swallowed or inhaled throughout my life. Along the way, I have to deal with depression, anxiety, digestion issues, insomnia, and millions of people who want to take advantage of me in one way or another.

And all of the things that might make this worth it are refused to me. Because of my own personal shortcomings, love, friendship and any other meaningful connection with another person is almost impossible. Most of my writing fails utterly, and my art isn't worth anything. I try to love everything and embrace the world, but I am constantly faced with a nagging bitterness towards others. And the worst part is people tend to confirm my negative feelings. You can say all of my problems are first world problems, but what does a full belly matter to you with an empty heart?

I face all of this, and, despite it all I continue to persevere in the hopes that I can make something of my life; improve the world so that no one has to feel bitter or alone again because I'm stupid enough to still care. So no, I'm not happy and I probably never will be, but it will all be worth it if I can leave this horrid world better than the one I came into.

(Tl;dr no)

I'm selecting other- my life is terrible and I hate it, but I know I may be happy one day, then I will die. It's a great thing to look forward to, like a light at the end of a tunnel, but then the light is from a train that's going to squash you to death. You're sad, then really happy, then just accept it and die happy.

Or something like that.

post-6675-0-56704600-1355990361.png

In the day, i often feels like this, because the stress and imperfection of life and society get to me.

...BUT THEN, at night I watch sum episodes of MLP and go on the ponynet to chill with you all, and then I feelz like dis! :3

post-6675-0-95243800-1355990468_thumb.jpg

I answered no... I am not happy with my life in general. Yeah I have a few things that make me happy and take my mind off things, MLP amongst them. But none of those things seem worth going to work everday for. Especially when I realize that even with my job I'm still not making enough to make the payments for my low income house plus my other basic costs of living. I'm in danger of losing my low income crack house neighborhood house because my job won't give me full time and I still have yet to find another job because absolutely nothing is hiring around here. I have a college degree and I work at a fast food joint... yeah I think I have good reason not to be happy.

Oh but lets be fair, at least I have a house and a job, I keep trying to remind myself that a lot of people don't even have those things. I do have my college education which can't be taken away from me no matter what (and no matter how worthless it might be in all practicality). I do have a goal I'm working for. Hopefully one day I'll join the Army, once I get down to 180 lbs, and hopefully one day I'll have my book published. So, while I'm not happy now, I try to hold on to these things at least... and yeah ponies do help a lot. 

There are very few things left that can make me happy. Ponies seem to be losing their novelty to me, my family is unsupportive and I dislike them, and I get bullied excessively at school.

Those are only downs though. The things that do make me happy much outweigh the things that make me miserable. For example my love for computers and the internet in general. My best friend who makes me happy every day. If you're reading this, you know who you are.

;)

Edited by Lightning Fluttershy

I feel kinda insensitive for bumping in like this in the middle of unhappy people, but yep, I'm a pretty happy, cheerful person, except when I'm stressed. I don't handle stress very well.

I guess it's like, why bother to be mad? There's tons of new stuff to learn every day, tons of stuff to think about, so many horizons to explore. You can turn every day into a fun experiment, or a way to improve yourself, or whatever else! 

And people are great. I don't really get people who don't like people. I'm an introvert. I get tired out by too much interaction. But people are still great. Most of them are nice, when you come down to it. They want to be good people, and they have good intentions, even if they are absolute jerks. And I constantly find new layers under people, new stories. Maybe I feel like this because I was a loner until only a year or two ago until I pulled a Twilight Sparkle and made some rockin' friends. Or maybe it's just 

Edited by Stellafera

We all have those moments when life seems like one big chore and nothing good will come out of it..Whenever I have moments like that I simply tell myself to never stop smiling and to keep a positive attitude  because that is what my family,friends and Pinkie would want me to do :)

img-1018481-1-First_Pinkie_Pie_smile_S1E

Edited by OdinForced
  • Brohoof 2

I am generally happy with myself, and very happy with my school life, regular life, family and friends. Although the world is progressing, there are still so many problems with the world. I think one of the most serious problems would be racism. B*llshit happens such as wars and slaughter just because some people look different than others -_- People today should watch Hearths Warming Eve and learn how to deal with those unlike themselves!!!

It's kinda hard to say to be honest. I seem happy to everyone around me and I act very positive but I think underneath all that positivity I have some concerns. I have problems with how society runs itself and I get lonely sometimes.

It feels difficult to keep going sometimes but I tell myself that for one more week I'll keep trying. For one more week I'll keep going with a smile. When that week ends I tell myself the same thing. It keeps me going. So yeah I am happy but I have a few problems even though they don't slow me down. 

Edited by Mighty E.

Yes, today I am VERY happy :3

I am very happy to be alive (no, not related to that <_< )

I am very happy for Christmas

I am very happy for my friends here at MLP Forums

But more importantly, I am very happy for my family :3

Today feels like it is going to be a great day :3

I'm in that strange "bleh" feeliing. I rarely come across genuine happiness now a days. Probably due to all the crap that's constantly occuring. Such as the sandy hook school shooting. That's probably unhealthy for my age. Then again, I have aspergers, which probably is why I'm emotionless.

Edited by Quille The Pony.

Well I feel good after my daily 20 minutes rage, which is generally because of morons at school taking the mick because I suck at PE or just general world weariness. But other than that everything's good. I just did well on my mock Maths GCSE and I have a small circle of friends with whom I share interests, and I'm quite content to stay as is and wait for the rewards my hard school work will bring in adulthood.

Edited by Archi

Yes! I am very happy. My life has been amazing so far, even though I've only lived about 17 years. I haven't really had to go any hard paths. I have had some sad moments of course, but that's life. There haven't been a moment in my life where I've been like depressed or anything. I hope it will continue on like that :)

Edited by Jokuc

Well, i can say that i am verry happy, sometimes my life may not go as i want (get a bad grade, crush rejected me,etc.) but  nothing that my friends can't make me fell happier by motivating me.

I'm very happy with my life right now.Not to say I get bad moments (and I get a ton),but I always manage to find something that'll make me happy.What's the point of going through life if you're gonna spend the majority of it sad?Might as well make the most of it by being happy most of the time. :)

I am very much happy at this current stage of my life :)

Although it's the little things that bring me down and the big things are the ones to cheer me up, I am overall satisfied and happy with everything.

But I guess that as long as nobody dies it could be worse in my life  :P (That's my motto from now on)

Making others happy is the main thing that makes me happy, more so than anything anyone could do to me, so I get more happy when I'm around others :)

Edited by Brook

The only things that keeps me alive is my neverending curiosity of the future, ponies and music.

I have chronic depression (Possibly bipolar though) and the pills I take aren't working, my mind is really fucked up in many ways and I've been in trouble for stupid shit I've done.

So I'm not happy.

That one question left up to interpretation.

The thing is, I'm not happy. Not because of the things in other countries or the things that are happening inside my own house. It's because I don't have a good enough reason to be: and if you say I should be happy because I'm more fortunate than others in different places, then you're not doing a very good job of convincing me with typical answers. With that being said, I'm also NOT unhappy with my life. I don't have anything to really hate, I don't have things to trudge about on anymore. At this point, the only thing I feel I've developed is content for what's happened so far, due to stockpiled laziness. Whether this is a bad thing or not is irrelevant  the matter is that it's put me in the middle, unable to care to go to either side.