NavelColt

50 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Another good episode, yay! There were alot of funny and cute scenes in it and I loved that Babs Seed came back :)

The song was really good too and I laughed since it sounded like they sang "Racist Barn, Racist Barn" haha :lol:

VrNhu.png

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 10

A wonderfully executed episode. One of the best in the the season. There were numerous comedic moments without being overdone. Applejack certainly deserved an episode and she definitely got one. The song was also fantastic, combining traditional western square-dance style with a catchy song and Applejack sang! I give this episode 5 stars! 

• Brohoof 1

*gasp*  :o  Do my ears deceive me?  NO, they do not!! :D   Sweet Celestia, she's really singing!!! B)   *gasp*  :o  Now all the Apples are singing!!!  Oh happy day indeed!!!! :D   Best AJ episode yet!!!!!!!!!!  Now to write my review on it.  :)  

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 3

Another good episode, yay! There were alot of funny and cute scenes in it and I loved that Babs Seed came back :)

The song was really good too and I laughed since it sounded like they sang "Racist Barn, Racist Barn" haha :lol:

Damn you!

I shall never unhear it.

Also: "Your homeless subject" will soon become a meme.

• Brohoof 1

The song was probably the best part of the episode in my opinion, and by far the most memorable part. It's one of the few songs in the show which I'd think I would prefer without the lyrics, mostly because the instrumental work was amazing.

As for other things, I'd say it's an average episode. Nothing truly makes it special, aside from the song, the sheer amount of BG characters the fandom can name, or the symbolism of the shooting stars, (darn Baloney Brony, you're deep)... 

img-1018623-1-49rMt.pngI

If you have no clue who he is, he works on the show. If you still don't get it, it's now confirmed. AJ's parents are the shooting stars in the final scene. 

Edited by Rarietty
  • Brohoof 7

That was a cute song! :D

And BABS!

And and...FLASHBACKS!

And...uhm...and and...A LETTER TO THE PRINCESS!

And a pony that looks like MINTY!

And...CRYING APPLEJACK

YES. MINTY IS BEST PONY. She should have been wearing socks though. And destroying everything ever. That would be just perfect.

• Brohoof 1

As an avid AJ fan, I loved this episode. Applejack finally got to grow as a character and send a letter to Celestia that didn't inclued

"I didn't learn anything! LOL"

The song was cool and I have to be honest. Considering I live in the south, that is so something you would see in the country folk out here.

Very catchy tune, loved the fiddle in it.

• Brohoof 2

Apple Family Reunion was an alright episode. The episode felt a little to fast and it was not that funny of an episode. Still I did enjoy seeing all of the Apple Family members, seeing a baby Applejack (if u know me and my work looking at baby ponies), and of course the best part was AJ got a song. It wont be my top episode, but still it well be a fun one to remember.

Still this is the cutest part of the episode and the show. If Pound or Pumpkin don't show up.

Edited by pinkiefan1287
  • Brohoof 1

You know, this episode was actually good, no, great. It was good to see Babs again; good use of continuity. I guess Braeburn too.

Glad to see that AJ finally got her own song! It only just took a demolishment of a barn and a whole apple family reunion and all. 

• Brohoof 2

This episode, ITS TENOUTTATEN! Applejack is best singer and 2nd favorite pony now btw.

Also the barn is racist

Edited by Danger Dashie
  • Brohoof 1

The song was probably the best part of the episode in my opinion, and by far the most memorable part. It's one of the few songs in the show which I'd think I would prefer without the lyrics, mostly because the instrumental work was amazing.

As for other things, I'd say it's an average episode. Nothing truly makes it special, aside from the song, the sheer amount of BG characters the fandom can name, or the symbolism of the shooting stars, (darn Baloney Brony, you're deep)... 

49rMt.pngIt's a cute 

If you have no clue who he is, he works on the show. If you still don't get it, it's now confirmed. AJ's parents are the shooting stars in the final scene. 

As much as I'm glad that Hasbro didn't complicate canon with something other than Orphanjack, I was sort of hoping that they had a significance relating to Twilight/stars that we've also seen.

My dear...

All the bats died in the barn collapse (none of them came out as it fell down and they were never seen again).  Kid's show?

Also, anyone notice the two shooting stars at the very end?  That's one of many times that an episode has ended with them.  Wonder what they mean...

I think those have something to do with the princesses

I was soooo happy to see the letters came back, even if it's only for one episode this season.   Applejack was trying wayy tooooo hard to impress everyone. I love Applejack and was really happy to see her get her own episode and song (which was pretty catchy). but It just didn't seem to hit any of the right notes with me.  least favorite episode of the season so far.  

Edited by angels_gal

Over all it was a great episode. We got to see Babs again, meet some new Apple family members, Apple Jack got her song and the letters to Celestia are back! Some high points: Filly Apple Jack, the face Granny Smith makes on the hay ride, Fruit bats, Babs remembering about Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle, and did anypony else notice the Octavia clone playing the violin? Kinda surprised they didn't have Big Mac or Braeburn say anything. And apparently Spike is now a Zappo lighter.

Edited by Arcus Wind

I noticed it too, I'm sure "Racist Barn" is going to become a meme, just give it time...

Nice episode, not the best but still very much enjoyable.

• Brohoof 3

Racist Barn Racist Barn 1,2,3,4

It was pretty good. I finally go my Applejack song! I'm not an Applejack guy, but I wanted that song.

Babs Seed's return was very welcome. (squee)

The animators are confusing us again with "NOT OCTAVIA."

• Brohoof 2

Pretty cute episode, but I thought the overall storyline was pretty bland and a bit predictable. 

I felt bad when their barn got destroyed again, (AJ started to cry :'( ) But the song was lovely! AJ's own song! <3 So catchy! I love AJ's voice, it suits that country type of music. :) Already downloaded it :P

• Brohoof 2

My dear...

All the bats died in the barn collapse (none of them came out as it fell down and they were never seen again).  Kid's show?

Also, anyone notice the two shooting stars at the very end?  That's one of many times that an episode has ended with them.  Wonder what they mean...

Fruitbats for best, honorary, pony. :'( May they rest in piece.

I kinda noticed them, too. I wonder if it has to do with Celestia/Luna?

This episode was alright, not the best but I did enjoy it. Always love a new song, especially some good ol' Bluegrass.

Whaaaaaaaat.  I LOVED this episode.  I maybe a little biased, as AJ is my favorite pony, but c'mon!  This episode emphasized AJ's devotion and love of her family, to a point where her plans start to become detrimental!  She just that devoted!

I've literally waited years for an Applejack song.  I loved it :wub: .  Some have been saying that the lyrics are too simple and boring; no song featured in the show has had any lyrics with super-deep meaning and or intricate writing.  They're supposed to be simple, catchy, and serve to get a positive message across, which I believe this song did quite nicely.  Seeing all the Apples sing and work together really shows how deep a family's bond goes, especially one such as the Apples!

So good.  Too good.  I love this episode man.  Love it so hard.

• Brohoof 2

Great episode, and it finally makes AJ fans shut up for once about her being side lined! :P

This episode actually made me depressed because my family is so scattered and we really don't get together except for things like Christmas. It also doesn't help that most of my family is very divided with each other in terms of beliefs and class. Heck, even violence/murder has even been in my family line. I like spending time with my cousins a whole lot but we really don't have a lot in common. Most of my closest uncles and aunts are right-wing Conservatives who don't adhere to my beliefs, so I feel really left out.

I think I'm closer to my Native American family since they live near the Iroquois area in central NY but even then I don't visit them that often. There's a lot of division between them and the Reservation due to their shady government and social practices.

I just want a family someday that's real close and can have memorable reunions like the one Apple Jack had. Probably not as corny and utopian (at least in the last part of the episode), but at least have a comfortable evening with my wife and kids, if it's even once.

• Brohoof 1

Maybe I was expecting too much? But I felt the episode was way too rushed and didn't have enough Applejack. There are lots of great characters in the Apple family and they kept stealing the spotlight (esp. Babs!!!)  Overall it was a sweet happy episode, not as deep or as emotional as I was hoping (although I think I really thought AJ's parents would be mentioned)--seeing AJ cry made me pretty choked up though.

The song was awesome, but the 1, 2, 3, 4 was a little much. Overall I don't think the episode helped to make AJ stand out particularly.

Adorable fruit bats!

Adorable baby AJ!

post-9383-0-96745000-1356192807_thumb.png

And I'm going to pretend the two shooting stars at the end were AJ's parents, even if that was totally unintentional. 

• Brohoof 6

This episode was really good, better than I expected. It had plenty of gags, and Applejack's overentusiasm was great. Since she's so level-headed normally, it's the closest we'll come to a breakdown. I also liked how Big Mac wasn't wearing his hard hat when they were raising the bard. Reminds me of my boss, also named Mac, since he almost never wears his hard hat on the job site.

I was dissapointed that Braeburn didn't get any lines, but everything Babs got made up for that. I'm starting to really like her.

However, I didn't really like the song that much. A little too repetitive for my tastes.

My dear...

To be fair, we have seen Fluttershy feeding fish to some animals before... after she greeted the fish warmly. :blink:

• Brohoof 3