Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Worrying about rumors needs to stop.

Anadu Kune

As many of you will know by now a new promo came out with new footage from the remaining episodes. Rather than revel in the reveal of new footage and analyze it, it seems people have seen fit to worry and complain. About what you may ask? Why nothing other than Alicorn freaking Twilight. This needs to stop now, its getting freaking ridiculous. Where in the footage is it indicated that this will happen? Even if it were do you really not have faith in the production team by now? Would you rather put your faith in a dubious rumor that was started on reddit of all places? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FBWlFPMyHak

• Brohoof 5

I, too, am not seeing a single thing relating to Alicorn Twilight and where people are pulling it from. The 'epic adventure' thing could literally mean anything.

• Brohoof 5

I very much agree. One discussion thread about it is okay, but do we really need a million threads about people complaining that Twilight is "absolutely going to become an Alicorn I have proof let me show you I'm so mad screw MLP screw the hub I'm not a Brony anymore the end" thread? It's really getting old, the amount of speculation from the tiniest pieces of information. And by information, I do not mean evidence, because it's far from it.

And no, I do believe Twilight will absolutely not become an Alicorn.

And why do people worry so much about every single little thing in the show? Why are they concerning themselves with how the episode will unfold, and why do they always want the episode to go their way? isn't it part of the fun of watching television is that they surprise you and you don't know how the story unfolds? It just seems to me that people need to stop caring about speculation of episodes and care more about enjoying the episodes.

Edited by Modphase
  • Brohoof 1

The Alicorn Twilight freakout has been happening for a while now, but I'm surprised how many morons are pulling evidence for it out of the new promo. Apparently these people are completely blind that they're missing DISCORD'S F*yay*ING STATUE IN PLAIN VIEW, and are instead crying and screaming about this alicorn thing.

• Brohoof 4

The Alicorn Twilight freakout has been happening for a while now, but I'm surprised how many morons are pulling evidence for it out of the new promo. Apparently these people are completely blind that they're missing DISCORD'S F*yay*ING STATUE IN PLAIN VIEW, and are instead crying and screaming about this alicorn thing.

More interestingly, Twilight appears to be the one who is releasing him. I wonder if Celestia is going to even be there at all, or if she's yet again going to sit in her castle and not do anything xD; I love her but geez, having a little more field action, even just -being- there when Discord is released would be cool.

Maybe people are pulling the Alicorn thing from that. ERMAGEWD TWILIGHT CAN RELEASE DISCORD ALICORN TRANSFORMATION INBOUND.

• Brohoof 2

More interestingly, Twilight appears to be the one who is releasing him. I wonder if Celestia is going to even be there at all, or if she's yet again going to sit in her castle and not do anything xD; I love her but geez, having a little more field action, even just -being- there when Discord is released would be cool.

Maybe people are pulling the Alicorn thing from that. ERMAGEWD TWILIGHT CAN RELEASE DISCORD ALICORN TRANSFORMATION INBOUND.

A lot of people seem to be completely missing Discord's statue, and are instead absolutely convinced that Twilight's floating and magic use is her Alicorn transformation. I've seen selective obliviousness, but this is ridiculous.

As for Celestia, throwing the Elements at Discord always worked in the past, so she's just probably up in her castle watching what's going on through her trusty telescope.

Edited by Jadefire

i honestly dont care about the rumors at all

i dont care if twilight becomes an alicorn or not

but i dont see much proof of it happening

There was official artwork of Twilight as an alicorn, then someone posted something on some website claiming to be a Hasbro employee saying that she will become one. And since our fandom believes absolutely everything that they're told, ever, it set off a shitstorm.

• Brohoof 2

I honestly don't think Twilight will become an Alicorn except maybe for like a temporary thing, this whole Alicorn Twilight thing reminds me of the concern everyone had about the crystal pony versions of the mane 6.

Regardless I think we just have to put our trust in the producers of the show, they really haven't let us down yet, so I doubt they will decide to now!

I actually think this whole trailer looks to be a sneak peak on the new discord episode, I don't know if it really seems to show any evidence or anything that it tells thats important about the other episodes.

Besides I don't think adventure is a very specific term, it could mean practically anything.

Rumors are just rumors, there is no reason to blindly believe everything everyone tells you.

I am just going to trust that the writers will not do anything that would totally ruin the show, it wouldn't benefit the show, and they know how important the sucess of this show is to us, therefore I'm going to trust them and not these silly rumors.

There was official artwork of Twilight as an alicorn, then someone posted something on some website claiming to be a Hasbro employee saying that she will become one. And since our fandom believes absolutely everything that they're told, ever, it set off a shitstorm.

I haven't really been keeping up with the fandom so much recently but I swear this is practically nothing. Just sounds like people jumping on the bandwagon to me.

i don't really believe the rumors. you know the ol' saying "seeing is believing" and "it remains to be seen" i just like that what if it really was true aspect of the rumors. i like thinking on it and being like yo dawg that would be interesting

Can someone explain why Alicorn Twilight is a bad thing? I think we all have appreciated when characters grow and evolve with time. How is it magically different if one of the ponies changes in a physical way as well as a mental way? I highly doubt she will poof into some sort of deus ex god character. Look how useful Celestia has been in her Alicorny goodness. And if Twilight would become super god pony all at once, then why would Celestia have to prepare her? why not just magic her right off the bat.

I don't love the idea of alicorn Twilight. At least not this early in the show, but I don't dislike the idea either. It could certainly make future episodes very interesting. That being said. we get no evidence of alicorn Twi here, just some magic flashyness and buildup of hype

• Brohoof 1

Can someone explain why Alicorn Twilight is a bad thing?

The main reason I see is alicorns being a litmus test for bad OC's since pretty much day one. People automatically connect "somepony who's not part of the Royal Family or Lauren Faust" == bad, without actually knowing why that's a bad thing.

I'm sure whatever Twilight has to do in the upcoming episodes will be cool and interesting to watch, be it whatever her and her friends do with Discord or anything else that happens, and I'm sure it will all be handled well, and whether they decide to make her an alicorn or not, I have faith and trust in the show and it's creators that they will deliver something wonderful, just has they always have, no matter what. :)

• Brohoof 1

But worrying is fun. What's the point of having a board if we're not going to collectively nitpick and speculate everything to death and then gossip over the remains? I love how half the posts on this let's-not-worry-about-Alicorn-Twilight thread are Alicorn-Twilight-worry related. I mean, for all we know, it's really Rarity that's going to be the new Alicorn. We've already seen that she can levitate dozens of objects at once, has knowledge of, and aspirations towards, royalty, and her upcoming wings and crown were foreshadowed in previous episodes.

Anyway, I'm still more intrigued by those, err, interesting pictures that are allegedly from the final episode than whether or not the ranks of the Alicorn race are added to yet again. I mean, what's going to cause all that to happen? It's as though someone is distracting everyone for the very legitimate rumormongering they should be doing. The final episode looks like it'll be very dramatic what with the disturbing - even haunting - images that have been put out.

I wouldn't put it past the Hub to make stuff up and leak it order to get us riled up with worry so that when the episodes do come out, we overrate them due to our fears being proven unfounded. It worked with the Wedding, after all.

• Brohoof 1

There was official artwork of Twilight as an alicorn, then someone posted something on some website claiming to be a Hasbro employee saying that she will become one.

Also, if I recall, in the pic of the prototype Funrise toys, a couple of Alicorn Twilight plushes can sort of be seen in the office, but it's kind of hard to see. I assume the 'official artwork' being mentioned is still that poster in the background of a toy expo?

Personally, I'm a little bit bored of seeing 'OHNOES ALICORN TWILIGHT TEH WROLD IS DOOMED!!1' posts every time Season 3 is brought up. I'm just going to wait and see :)

Im pretty sure Hasbro has seen how much a bad taste Alicorn Twilight puts in our mouths and as so they will probably try to avoid using that unless its for toys or maybe just a short cameo in the show so, i wouldn't worry about that.

Obviously  they were using the elements to free Discord at the 10 second mark. Although they seem to focus the finale plots on Twilight  all the time but that seems to just be a norm.

I read on one of the other forums that the image was some kind of epic design blunder. I don't know how it could have been pulled off, but whatever. I'll just worry about it if it happens (which I doubt it will), and if I like the episode it supposedly happens in, then cool.

Edited by immblueversion