Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your thoughts on 'Cupcakes' Creepypasta?

Unique Pinkie Pie

Here's what I said about Cupcakes on the other Cupcakes thread: *Ahem*

It sucks.

Rather than trying to be dark or interesting, it divebombs into a swimming pool filled with blood like a small child trying to impress their Dark Lord parents. There is no subtle psychological mind-screw followed by tormenting and breaking the victim, not that such things would be enjoyable happening to somepony like Rainbow Dash. Instead of trying to be good, trying to scare the audience, or even trying to build up tension or suspense, it jumps straight into the "She's already dead, let's watch the death scene" part. Only the entire fic IS the death scene. It rolls around in gore like a small dog rolling in mud, who then looks to his master for approval. It is no more impressive than any moron who thinks writing about or drawing murdered ponies will make them cooler.

Cupcakes sucks, to put it bluntly.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

I've read it, but I wasn't very impressed. I also wasn't very clear on what it was supposed to be. It's too stupid to be creepy and it just screams 'trollfic' to me. There's lots of gratuitous gore without any emotional responses.

Seriously, if you're going to write a grimdark story where Dashie or anyone else gets horribly murdered, put some effort into it. A fic like that should have your audience in tears over your cruelty, not scratching their heads going, wtf did I just read?

In fact the gore goes so over the top that the impact of the pain Dash underwent was non-existent. Smaller things could elicit a more emotional response because we'd try to imagine it, but this just goes way beyond anything relatable, and thus diminishes the emotional response.