Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your thoughts on 'Cupcakes' Creepypasta?

Unique Pinkie Pie

(edited)

Ah, Cupcakes. One of the most remembered horror fan fictions. Ugh, just thinking about it makes me cringe. I can say the Pinkie Pie in the Creepypasta is not the real one. In fact, she's a fake! A phony! A demonic impersonator of great evil called Zalgo Pinkamena!

As for the story itself, I'm glad I didn't read it. Otherwise that crazed pink chopper would've gotten the better of me.

The real Pinkie Pie we all know and love uses the hair of ponies for ingredients. Hair, not body parts. I'm not making that up.

If I were you, I would try and forget about it as fast as I can and tell Zalgo Pinkamena to buzz off. (Take note I'm not against those viewers who are fans of the story.)    

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 1

So what do I think of cupcakes, I think it is messed up, pinkie pie ripping out dashies guts and putting them into her cupcakes and I also think it is not scary at all just very disturbing.

Hey Lankman!  FYI, we already have a thread for expressing our opinions on the whole gory Cupcakes thing.  I went ahead and merged yours with it.  All members are strongly encouraged to search for an existing thread on the topic they would like to discuss.  But being as though the old one was inactive for over a year, I admit it would have been easy to overlook. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm neutral to it. Heck, I'm neutral to every creepypasta I see. Whenever I finish reading a creepypasta, I shrug my shoulders and move on to do whatever I want to do next.

• Brohoof 1

I generally find horror amusing or even funny, not scary.  I'm weird like that. Here' s my opinion of Cupcakes though

Story: 4/10 It was original in some ways. I give it that, but for the most part it was just senseless gore for no reason. Really, there wasn't much of a plot at all.

How the story was told: 9/10 The lead-up was good, and I like how SS kept Pinkie in character, even when she was doing such out- of- character things to Rainbow Dash. The descriptions were vivid, and there were some funny jokes in it as well.

Writing quality: 5/10 The grammar of the original was atrocious, and the general writing quality was pretty bad. The corrected version is better though, even if not everything is perfect.

Violence: 7/10 As a horror enthusiast I found Pinkie' s actions to be average in terms of horror/grimdark content. There was some aspects of it that were quite original though.

Overall: 7/10 It' s not a great fic, but it is worth a read to those without weak dispositions. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. It' s not as good as Rainbow Factory, but it is better than S.A.M.

Video: 5/10 I watch it and I'm like, "Meh". I would prefer that people read the fic than watch the video. The quality of the animation was pretty good though.

AHHH violence I see... would you say it plays with you id or is it a bigger part of you? 

(edited)

Good horror stories don't bother me none...

...unfortunately, this wasn't one of them.

I started reading it but there was stuff in it that was just too much BS to capture my intrest.

To me its like FoE, its okay, but pople make way too big a deal over it.

Edited by Argumedies

It really doesn't, like, actually use the conventions of what I think make good horror writing very well, if at all. Meh writing, meh details, and meh pacing (horror is all in the last two especially). Of the many heavily overrated things in this fandom it's honestly one of the worse.

I don't think you can label Cupcakes a Creepy pasta. I know it's grimdark, but to label something a creepy pasta is something completely different.

I've read Cupcakes, and I really didn't see the huge deal. Yeah, it's dark and gorey, but it didn't do much in terms of scaring the shit out of me. It just grossed me out a little when the author said Rainbow Dash pissed herself. (it actually happens, for good reason, but it doesn't do much for me)

• 2 months later...

I've never enjoyed gore, so I myself don't like it. Also, I love all of the characters to death, and reading in great detail about them getting mutilated to death just isn't my thing.

I prefer to just pretend it doesn't exist. Hate is a pretty strong word . . . . thus it should be used sparingly.

HATE Cupcakes!  :angry: 

I know the author said it wasn't his intention for it take off the way it did nor did he think this was a legitimate interpretation of Pinkie, but it's effect is nonetheless there!

For those wanting some much needed catharsis, this fanfic is actually pretty legitimately touching.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/16531/the-light-in-the-darkness

i dont like it, i actully hoped i never watched it. i dont wanna see my fav pony get tortued to death

Or how about that's another one of the Mane Six doing it?! MY FAVORITE specifically!

Pinkie will never be the same.

Don't say that! Please read this and know how the real Pinkie would act at even the implication of these events.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/16531/the-light-in-the-darkness

• Brohoof 3

Yeah, it's probably safe to say that I hate it, or at least that I hate gorfics like that. First of all, Pinkie was so out of character that it didn't make much sense. Pinkie's friends are more important to her than anything else, and to just say that they aren't... Also, I don't like gore in general, it's gross. :eww:

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, it's probably safe to say that I hate it, or at least that I hate gorfics like that. First of all, Pinkie was so out of character that it didn't make much sense. Pinkie's friends are more important to her than anything else, and to just say that they aren't... Also, I don't like gore in general, it's gross. :eww:

Gore is typically low brow, but when it's done with a purpose or when it's not the sole purpose, it can be effective.

Fallout: Equestria has plenty of gore; blood, headshots, burnt skin, mutilation, disintegration, and more. Here's the thing though, it's not glorified. It's portrayed as what it is, brutal when glanced over, horrifying when closely beheld.

That makes the gore effective, because the characters react recognizably as people would. And the heroes growing desensitization to it is closely analyzed. Is that natural and healthy in a violent and post-apocalyptic world, or is it a moral failing on their part that they grow more and more casual to the taking of life even in self-defense?

THAT'S how you make gore mean something instead of it just being exploitation!

• Brohoof 1

Gore is typically low brow, but when it's done with a purpose or when it's not the sole purpose, it can be effective.

Fallout: Equestria has plenty of gore; blood, headshots, burnt skin, mutilation, disintegration, and more. Here's the thing though, it's not glorified. It's portrayed as what it is, brutal when glanced over, horrifying when closely beheld.

That makes the gore effective, because the characters react recognizably as people would. And the heroes growing desensitization to it is closely analyzed. Is that natural and healthy in a violent and post-apocalyptic world, or is it a moral failing on their part that they grow more and more casual to the taking of life even in self-defense?

THAT'S how you make gore mean something instead of it just being exploitation!

That's an interesting view of it. :) Personally, I get "squeamish" really easily, so I like to stay away from violence and gore in general (but that's just a personal preference; I'm not saying gorefics are bad). I would still much rather read something like that than Cupcakes, though.

By the way, thanks for sharing that fanfic up above. I really enjoyed reading it and I thought Pinkie's relationship with RD was done much better.

• Brohoof 1

That's an interesting view of it. :) Personally, I get "squeamish" really easily, so I like to stay away from violence and gore in general (but that's just a personal preference; I'm not saying gorefics are bad). I would still much rather read something like that than Cupcakes, though.

By the way, thanks for sharing that fanfic up above. I really enjoyed reading it and I thought Pinkie's relationship with RD was done much better.

You're very welcome. Just tiny character bits like Dash's mentioning of Pinkie's failed "popcorn pie" really show an in-depth understanding of the characters. You can describe every visceral tendon, but that won't be as real as Dash just telling Gummy he's a lousy "watchgator."

If you are in for an intense, but ultimately idealistic work, that is honestly one of the best pieces of all fiction I've ever been exposed to . . . . 

read this:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/04/story-fallout-equestria.html

Not really, I mean I liked it because it was grimdark and dark... well.. I hated it at first because it made me sad that Pinkie would do that and it seems possible, but was still young back then, but then as I grow I started to get more interested in it because it was grimdark, dark stuff.

And I like the dark stuff.

I've never enjoyed gore, so I myself don't like it. Also, I love all of the characters to death, and reading in great detail about them getting mutilated to death just isn't my thing.

Well, I try to think of it as like a parallel thing that reside in another universe, so that's what makes it all easier for me.

• Brohoof 1

At the risk of writing a wall of text expressing my hatred for "Cupcakes" and the ilk it spawned -- and ultimately offending those who somehow enjoy it,i will just say this:

It is a disgusting,ignorant and outright delusional depiction of Pinkie's character,and as far as im concerned; it can go to hell.  :maud:

Edited by Pinkamena-Pills
  • Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

I saw the youtube video of it. Big mistake.

I've tried not to let it affect my opinion of Pinkie Pie but I think I'm a bit too weak-minded :(.

Theres just something about an overly happy character that makes me nervous.

Edited by NoobyBrony

I've never read more than a summary of it and I hate it, because Bronies won't stop fucking talking about it!

I don't even understand the point of adding horror and gore to MLP. If I want horror and gore I can go watch Hellraiser. Why the fuck does it need to include ponies?