Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your thoughts on 'Cupcakes' Creepypasta?

Unique Pinkie Pie

No. I don't 'hate' it, I just think it's stupid somepony made something that grimdark come into the land of innocent, pretty ponies.

• 1 month later...

When something tries so hard that it becomes a parody of itself, I tend to laugh.

Cupcakes: Not even creepy, obvious plot, trying so hard to shock with gore that it becomes so unrealistic as to become ironically funny.  Kind of like a guy who stuffs his underwear with rolled up socks and then tries to wear tight pants to show it off.  Not intentionally trying to be funny, a bit gross, but hilarious all the same.

Never been a fan but Its mostly because I dont understand why anyone would find violently mutilating an adorable pony "entertaining" also the writing is for lack of a better term "shit" If it wasn't so messed up I would have said it had been written by someone under the age of 10.

• Brohoof 1

I have read Cupcakes and watched its videos. I don't really hate it or like it. I pretty much just acknowledge its existence. However, there is one fanfic that I hate so much. That would be Sweet Apple Massacre. Eugh.

• Brohoof 1

I haven't read it and I'm not sure if I want to.  I get the gist of it though, and don't hate the idea of it but don't like it either. I can take some gore depending on the situation, but the thought of Dashie being mutilated doesn't appeal to me, so I think I'll pass. I couldn't even watch the animated version. I've never been a fan of horror/ slasher stuff, but I understand there are people who love it. To each his/ her own, it's just not for me.

I can't really say I "enjoyed" cupcakes, but I definitely have to give it props for the writing style. Very gross, disturbing imagery and dialogue.

I can appreciate a well-written fic, even if it's sick and mean-spirited.

Eh I've never read it, I know enough about it though. Me and guts and gore don't typically mix so i'd rather not read it, and I'm not really a horror fan either.

I don't really find the appeal in reading about RD being cut to shreds by Pinkie more or less.

I'm not really a horror or grimdark person really anyways. I'm ok with somewhat dark stuff, but not really grimdark like cupcakes. They'd probably make me sick reading them to be honest.

Cupcakes was the first fanfic I ever read (I know, what a wonderful 'welcome to the herd' eh?). It didn't bother me, but it didn't sit right with me either. I just found it weird. Oh well, these things will happen. Best we can do is just ignore them. The more hatred we express toward something, the larger a presence it becomes.

• Brohoof 1

A weird, boring, and so bloody terrible that I did not even finish reading it. I mean it makes no sense, there is no reason for why Pinkie Pie did those acts, and its just so damn boring.

I mean good lord, the Molestia fanficiton is more entertaining than Cupcake and Rainbow Factory combined.

• 1 year later...

So what do I think of cupcakes, I think it is messed up, pinkie pie ripping out dashies guts and putting them into her cupcakes and I also think it is not scary at all just very disturbing.

blood and guts is all this creepypasta is, nothing new.

what are your thoughts on it.

(edited)

I think it was a little gruesome but it didn't really shock me, unlike Smile HD... wait I'm getting off topic. Anyway, it was kind of interesting (TO READ THAT IS, NOT WHAT PINKIE WAS DOING!) since they were able to use Pinkie's craziness to something much more horrifying. Guts and blood doesn't really make me puke or react, you can see it on almost any horror/thriller movie, and this isn't even worse compared to SmileHD I MEAN... Human Centi I MEAN......... Chainsaw Massacre? But making cupcakes out of it is just plain wrong...

Edited by Nemesis Atlas
  • Brohoof 2

I'm not a big fan of all that grimdark stuff. I just seems contrary to what the show is about. If that's what I wanted, I'd go watch a horror movie or something.

I like it, not because of the fact of the gore, but because I like seeing how the ponies would react in such a situation.

I think it was a little gruesome but it didn't really shock me, unlike Smile HD... wait I'm getting off topic. Anyway, it was kind of interesting (TO READ THAT IS, NOT WHAT PINKIE WAS DOING!) since they were able to use Pinkie's craziness to something much more horrifying. Guts and blood doesn't really make me puke or react, you can see it on almost any horror/thriller movie, and this isn't even worse compared to SmileHD I MEAN... Human Centi I MEAN......... Chainsaw Massacre? But making cupcakes out of it is just plain wrong...

When I watched Smile HD for the first time, I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. I then showed my best friend the video and he tried beating me up. He eventually gave up after I was dying on the floor from laughing so hard.

• Brohoof 1

I laughed at it, then I told PinkiePie about it and she gave me a bad look before stuffing a cupcake in my mouth((Pinkie is my imaginary friend/roommate...deal with it))

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think Cupcakes is interesting, gory and bloody, but still interesting. I think it has a good dose of horror to it, but the story is well incomplete. But there are fics in the way of gore that are a lot worse than Cupcakes such as a certain Cheerilee's Garden, I would rather read Cupcakes everyday for the rest of my life then read Cheerilee's Garden again. Not that its bad in terms of bad grammer and spelling mistakes, but if your not a fan of Cupcakes, your gonna hate Cheerilee's Garden.

(edited)

I didn't see Pinkie the same for awhile after reading it. It wasn't necessarily scary, shocking or anything I haven't seen before but it still left an impression on me in a way.

I had to rewatch the show to reaffirm Pinkie's original concept. :lol:

I love this video parody of it though:

The song choice was perfect and it added just a dash of dark comedy in there. I found it highly amusing.

Edited by Discordian