Vote on Your Favorite Superhero (and Sidekick!)

MeanBlackHawk

Favorite Superhero  

35 users have voted

1. 1. DC or Marvel?

• DC
    • Marvel
    • Both are equally good
    • I don't like either
  2. 2. Favorite Superhero from DC

• Superman
    • Batman
    • Wonder Woman
    • Flash
    • Green Lantern
    • Martian Manhunter
    • Aquaman
    • Green Arrow
    • Hawkgirl
    • Nightwing
    • Other (please comment if selected)
    • Can't Decide
    • Rorschach
    • Nite Owl
    • Dr. Manhattan
    • Ozymandias
    • The Comedian
    • Nightcrawler
  3. 3. Favorite DC Sidekicks

• Superboy
    • Robin
    • Aqualad
    • Batgirl
    • Speedy
    • Lt. Marvels
    • Kid Flash
    • Rocket
    • Wonder Girl
    • Other (please comment if selected)
    • Can't Decide
  4. 4. Favorite Marvel Superhero

• Spiderman
    • Daredevil
    • Deadpool
    • Mr. Fantastic
    • The Human Torch
    • The Thing
    • Invisible Woman
    • Captain America
    • Nick Fury
    • Wolverine
    • Storm
    • Night Crawler
    • Hulk
    • Jean Gray
    • Cyclops
    • Professor X
    • Silver Surfer
    • Ironman
    • Magneto
    • Antman
    • Wasp
    • Combination of two or more
    • Can't Decide
    • The Punisher

So I just watched this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa4XK96yugE

And I got to wondering;  Who's the most popular or "best" hero?

I tried listing as many as I could if your favorite superhero isn't on there please understand I tried my best to include everybody. :D

Personally for me I can't chose for Marvel.  For Marvel it's a tie between Spiderman, Daredevil and Deadpool.  DC wise I have to go with Batman after watching that video and seeing his story more clearly...  Also he's the only one without any REAL superpowers... That's pretty damn bad-ass. :P

For fun I added favorite superhero sidekicks, (Marvel honestly just didn't have anyone that I could name off the top of my head... and I couldn't find any "famous" sidekicks.  If there are "famous" Marvel sidekicks, again I'm sorry I missed them.) as a question and hope to see the results later when lots of people have voted.  

TL;DR

Not all superheros are listed.  So comment if I missed one. 

Tell me your thoughts people, I'm curious on who you like the most and why!

Edited by MeanBlackHawk

No other for Marvel? Aw. I would really like to vote Ant Man. Or Wasp. :(

At least you did not include Sentry. Because whenever someone says something nice about him I wish to strangle them.

Marvel - Magneto. Controlling metal is a very attractive power to me.

DC - Batman. It's the Batman.

If you included the characters from Watchmen, I would have picked Rorschach.

No other for Marvel? Aw. I would really like to vote Ant Man. Or Wasp. :(

At least you did not include Sentry. Because whenever someone says something nice about him I wish to strangle them.

Hahahaha I feel ya, Don't worry I can edit the poll I'll add them both for ya .  Just give me a second I'll add them.  Any others you can think of?

Marvel - Magneto. Controlling metal is a very attractive power to me.

DC - Batman. It's the Batman.

If you included the characters from Watchmen, I would have picked Rorschach.

Tell ya what. If you can give me a list of watchmen hero names I'll put them on the poll (I have no idea about the Watchmen.  I've heard but never actually seen/read anything about the series.)  Sorry about that though.  List the heroes in order (of popularity/importance and i'll add them.

• Brohoof 1

So wait, why isn't Rorschach or any of the Watchmen listed? Come on, Watchmen was so good it's listed in all sorts of top 10 book lists! I think that Rorschach is my favorite DC character because he's just a fascinating individual and while Dr. Manhattan was more thought provoking he was quite literally a know it all.

Edited by Lord Bababa
  • Brohoof 1

Hahahaha I feel ya, Don't worry I can edit the poll I'll add them both for ya .  Just give me a second I'll add them.  Any others you can think of?

Don't get me started. There are a lot of Marvel heroes/villians that I know of. :P

Your list is pretty good for major or significant heroes. The only thing you're missing is Nightcrawler.

I like both DC abd Marvel, although I don't read comics that much. However, I think Superman and Spiderman are both pretty cool, and I really like Robin.

So wait, why isn't Rorschach or any of the Watchmen listed? Come on, Watchmen was so good it's listed in all sorts of top 10 book lists! I think that Rorschach is my favorite DC character because he's just a fascinating individual and while Dr. Manhattan was more thought provoking he was quite literally a know it all.

Marvel or DC: Marvel (but both are good)

Favorite DC: Rorschach (from Watchmen)

Favorite sidekick: Robin

Favorite Marvel: The Punisher

I have added all the major watchmen so please take a second and re-vote since both of your favorite heroes are both watchmen. :P Thanks!

I'm kinda thinking that realistically speaking if you took everything out of the equation and simply asked whom your hero would be that would be Twilight Sparkle. You never said it had to be on the list. I'm kinda surprised you didn't put any ponies on the list. :lol:

I have added all the major watchmen so please take a second and re-vote since both of your favorite heroes are both watchmen. :P Thanks!

Could you please add The Punisher under Marvel? He' s fairly well known if not an A-list hero, and he' s overall my favorite superhero.

Aquaman.

:mellow: ...

1024px-TrollFace.png

HA, GOTCHA!!!!!!!!!!  B)

Yeah, my favorite comic publisher would be DC, and my favorite superhero, by a LONG SHOT, is without a doubt Batman!!!  I simply love everything about him; his character is perfect, his supporting cast is perfect, his rogues gallery is perfect, and each and every one of these elements rely off of each other so much in telling Batman's story and building the world around him to the point that when Batman is written correctly, I don't think that any other superhero comes close to having nearly as much of an aesthetic appeal or cultural impact as he does.  The only other two superheroes who are as recognizable as Batman and maybe have left as much of an impression on popular culture both in America and worldwide are Superman and Spiderman, and, I think if you really get down to it, of those two, only Superman is even comparable to Batman, largely in that Spiderman is a very different character, but also has some very inherent problems to his character.  Overall, no superhero character is perhaps both as unique but also as relatable as Batman is, and thus, I have to say that he is now and shall always be my favorite superhero.

BATMAN-Admira-Wijaya.jpg

As for my favorite sidekick, that honor goes to the original sidekick as well, Robin, my favorite of them being Dick Grayson and Tim Drake.  The Robin character in general is such a great compliment to Batman, and, unlike other sidekicks, isn't just there for the sake of having another character; rather, each Robin actually compliments some aspect of Batman's character and even adds to it.  For example, Dick Grayson mirrors Batman's acrobatic abilities and tragic origin story, Jason Todd his anger, Tim Drake his detective capabilities and capacity to notice that which others miss, and Damian Wayne his relentless devotion to justice.  At the same time, each Robin reflects these characteristics in their own unique ways, and also have their own unique characteristics that make them work as characters on their own; for example, Dick Grayson has an undying optimism and even snarkiness that Batman will never have.

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

Personally, I like Superman the best.  It's a little hokey, people say the character's too powerful/not relatable, but frankly there's something really stirring about a *great* Superman story like Birthright, "For the Man Who Has Everything," or "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?".  I like Batman and Spider-Man too, they're a really close second and third, but personally I gotta love the Big Blue Boy Scout.

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite Superheros are Green Arrow (DC) and Ironman (Marvel). RDJ just plays an amazing Tony Stark and Green Arrow does everything with a bow and awesome arrows! If I could of picked Hawkeye from Marvel I probably would have picked him instead.

The most Powerful superhero though is Flash he could defeat anyone in a deathmatch hands down.

• 5 months later...

Best superhero and sidekick you ask?

img-1092439-1-Jak-and-Daxter-jak-and-dax

None other than the best duo of buddies ever! These guys to me are the best heros of all time.

Omg I freaking love you! I couldn't remember the name of this game and then you posted this! OMG I'm going to buy this game! Ugh So happy right now..

I had to vote for Marvel. I had to. Why? Because Spider-Man, that's why.

I absolutely love the Spider-Man movies, and the memes are funny too. :D For favourite DC, I voted Batman, and sidekick Robin. Just because they were the most popular. :P