Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Total War thread

Lady Rarity Pony

Total War

Anyone who likes RTS games should be playing titles from this series!

Total War games

• Shogun Total War
  • Medieval Total War
  • Rome Total War
  • Medieval 2 Total War
  • Empire Total War
  • Napoleon Total War
  • Shogun 2 Total War
The bolded ones are the games i have played of the series.

Start discussing!

I'm undecided on a favorite at this moment.

NTW is the closest I have to a fav. While the campaign map is not as large as ETW, I prefer it's gameplay over the other titles.

Hehehe, and since yesterday I have began re-naming my ships after members here. It makes it watching one of your ships go down quite funny :P

• Brohoof 2

I bought one of them, and before I could open it it disappeared. I have no idea what happened to it. I think it was "Empire: Total War"

I've played and won them all and my clear favourite is Rome Total war. It had the perfect blend of everything for me, the strategy map, micromanaging and the battles of course. The later games are good yes, but they just don't spark that interest that RTW does... I don't feel as entertained when I play them.

I'm also looking forward to seeing if the current system the game producers have been "following" is correct. The system is quite simple to spot; They made Shogun 1 first, then Medieval 1, then Rome Total War (1) and then they did Medieval 2. After that they made Empire TW, Napoleon TW and then they suddenly made Shogun 2. If we follow this order the next game to be made is either a completelly new one, or a new Rome Total War game. (I'm hoping for the last option ;) )

That's all from me for now B)

I've wanted to play Shogun 2 since it came out, I'm waiting till the price drops and maybe I'll buy it when I have time to play. :)

Edited by Saiko

How strange... I randomly found a computer game case with the CD called "Empire Total War" about last week.

I haven't checked it out yet, but if you say it's good, I'll give it a look.

Any tips on pretty much anything with that before I begin trying it out?

Any tips on pretty much anything with that before I begin trying it out?

It's all pretty simple but it does take a bit of learning to understand all the features and abilities in the game.

Not really any tips I can give before you start playing :P

Yay Total War, my favourite real time turn based hybrid.

I own: Rome, Empire and Shogun 2. (My sister has Medieval 2, so I can play it at times)

I've played: Medieval

My favourite out of the above would probably be Empire, I like the canons and musketeers.

No way, i was just re-instaling Medieval 2: Total War when i saw this thread :wub:

I think im gonna start a Venician campaign. They have such a good starting position, with the impenitrable fortress that is the capital city of Venice, and they have a solid special unit that ive wiped out nations with in the past (Venician heavy infantry).

Ive gotta keep my eye on the Holy Roman Empire though... They have a tendancy to attack me for no apparent reason with massive armies...

Ive gotta keep my eye on the Holy Roman Empire though... They have a tendancy to attack me for no apparent reason with massive armies...

It's Rome, that's what they do did. It didn't become on of the biggest empires through peace you know. ^_^

It's Rome, that's what they do did. It didn't become on of the biggest empires through peace you know. ^_^

Fair play, fair play...

Youd think that they would choose someone else to attack though, since i regularly give them donations of gold in an attempt to hold back their random acts of hatred. Never seemes to work, then im forced to wipe them out. Its sad really...

I name my ships after members. Bow to the mighty Zoop!

the ship named Feld0 exploded this battle O_o

post-365-0-70575100-1327451693_thumb.jpg

My favourite out of the above would probably be Empire, I like the canons and musketeers.

Personally I prefer Napoleon for musket and cannon gameplay.

The reload times for gunpowder weapons in ETW is a bit annoying to me and cannons using round shot are just about completely useless against infantry. NTW improved on these two details.

NTW units are also in tighter formations which is more historically accurate for the era as opposed to the loose formations in ETW :P

My top three are: Empire: Total War, Rome: Total War, and Shogun 2.

I love them all, but I am partial to Empire because that is the first game I felt the rush of conquering the entire world in (Maratha Confederecy FTW). I played that game all the way through so many times even when the turns took 20 minutes to load because it was on my old crappy computer! ^_^

Also, if you like the Total War series you should check this game out. It is both simpler, and more convoluted at the same time! If you do decide to buy it, make sure to purchase the two DLC packs for it as well (they add a lot to the game).

I made quite a blunder recently in M2TW.

Playing as the Papal States I did not know once the Swiss Guard become available that you will no longer be able to recruit Papal Guard units or retrain any you have. Most of my armies had Papal Guard units on the front lines. :P

It wasn't that bad in the end because I had already been relying in Crossbowmen more than infantry but it was still quite a mistake :P

I name my ships after members. Bow to the mighty Zoop!

the ship named Feld0 exploded this battle O_o

post-365-0-70575100-1327451693_thumb.jpg

Personally I prefer Napoleon for musket and cannon gameplay.

The reload times for gunpowder weapons in ETW is a bit annoying to me and cannons using round shot are just about completely useless against infantry. NTW improved on these two details.

NTW units are also in tighter formations which is more historically accurate for the era as opposed to the loose formations in ETW :P

Maybe I should get my hands on Napoleon then.

Well, I'm off to rob a friend. ;)

• 1 month later...

Anypony else here playing Shogun2?

I play it on Medium with Ikko-Ikki DLC, extended Campaign and Real Divide Mod. I'm quite good in the beginning, but after occupying about 10 cities I get money problems and almost everyone declares war to me. Also I don't build up a navy and enemy troops land in my cities. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

Anypony has some advice how I can play sucessfully?

• 1 month later...