Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How you found out

~TheStealthyPony~

Funny story, but I found out because the cupcakes creepypasta. I saw the MLP page in the Creepypasta forum and that was the most read, and I thought "this cant be to bad" oh god was I wrong. it opened me up to the brony community up to the point where I gave the show a chance, and I loved it. I love cartoons still and all of todays cartoons are just pathetic, but MLP still had a storyline and good characters. and it kept me entertained. and here I am today.

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

• Brohoof 1

I had one or two pony related poster friends on Facebook. I was kind of like "wahh?" Since one of them is a harsh anime critic. Anyway so after seeing a bunch of posts , eventually I was just like , "I'll just watch it to see what's so cool." I think I spent a couple hours catching up on the season , I think it was only up to like 11 episodes at that point.

I dunno I'd kind of like if they came up with a different theme song for season 4 though. I feel like that song makes me think of older My Little Pony .

• Brohoof 1

You see, I discovered the whole brony thing via some rule34 image posted on some website that I never visited again after the incident. Not the most welcoming introduction.

Went to a website called Screwattack.com

They have a show called Death Battle where they see who would kick whose ass in a fight. Examples include: Mario vs Sonic, Kratos vs Spawn, Link vs Cloud, etc.

Anyway one of the battles was

Rainbow Dash vs Satrscream

Saw the battle, won't say who won, and saw the comments as always. Always makes my day when people complains about things that arn't true. Anyway one person said that they made the battle to attract bronies.

I didn't know about bronies up to this point. I did research, got curious, watched a couple o episodes, and the rest was history

And that's how Equestria was made. Mabye next time I'll tell you how I found out about the show :).

• Brohoof 2

I had seen ponies around the internet for a while, but I had no interest in watching the show. That is, until I saw several people I follow on YouTube had mentioned the show. I figured "if they were watching it, how bad can it be?"  A few episodes in and I was hooked!

Actually.. this is pretty ironic.

I started by hating the show and it's fans myself, this happened because of someone constantly spamming my channel and videos with the same message ''UR VIDEOS WOULD LOOK BETTER WITH PONIES IN IT'' Which made me hate the person because of it's reckless behavior, however it got me curious, mostly because of that Fluttershy's meme with the TV on her hooves, i decided to watch the episode where the meme came from, and suddently fell in love with it. <3 

And here I am.. posting in a forum about it, heh!

My niece watched it a bit, so I really didn't have a choice.  At first, I was just relieved that it wasn't Doc McStuffins again (that show is like every fever-nightmare I've ever had.).  But with every twitch of Pinkie's tail, I became more enraptured.  Three episodes in, I was hooked!  And my fandom did ring from every mountainside!

My sister posted on facebook about how she watched an episode and didn't really see what everyone liked about it. So I went and watched an episode, And at first I didn't really liked it, But I kept watching...AND I LOVED IT. (My sister also watched a few more episodes and she think's its awesome as well.)

Like some people I was cautious of the show, thought it would be like the older MLP shows so I avoided it. But then my curiosity got to me and I watched a few episodes and I was beginning to like it. Lucky for me I got into by the time season two started, glad to say that I like this show!

I'm a member of Deviantart so I was just derpin around on the home page, looking at the most popular artsies in the last 24 hours and I suddenly saw a heap of pony art. At first I was like Where the firetruck did this all come from? But then a year later I was like Why the buck didn't I start watching this sooner?  xD

• Brohoof 1

My friend who was already a brony kept telling me I should watch it, and eventually I broke down and by next week I'd seen all of the first two seasons.

I converted my friend exactly the same way, except it only took 15 seconds and he got through all the episodes in two days xD

And for me, it took about 6 months and then, finally, I broke down. God, I'm a tough nut to crack, lol.

Hm, you want my brony story?

Okay, if you're curious. It's pretty unique and quite long.

Who I was almost a year ago, last April, before knowing much about the brony phenomenon: I loved watching Youtube Poops and other kind of dumb-humor videos, I.....had an addiction to....furry "art"..........but mostly i loved to play Minecraft with all of my school friends every day after school.

One day i saw that a YTP'er that i followed made a short little brony-based segment. I had kinda sorta heard about the brony phenomenon, but never paid any attention to it. Anyway, he included in the description that "No, I am NOT A BRONY!!!" This made me curious. Why such a denial? So, I ended up watching more MLP YTP's, and I found them all quite hilarious. What stuck out to me most was the character of Discord; i actually related to him because what I did on my friends' Minecraft server was make a huge labyrinth full of clever redstone devices and death traps. So I looked into it further and eventually I found myself watching clips from the show.

At that point I stopped. I knew exactly the scale of which I would become obsessed if I gave it a chance, so I made the most stupid decision of my life: I full-out repressed my own interest.

It lasted for three months. By that time, Minecraft had dragged me way down into the pits of depression. By June, all of my friends had left our communal server for others, torn apart by a hatred-filled rivalry between two of us that I had been too blind to see. So it was only me, left alone making tools of death and destruction. Anyway, later in July, I went to a summer camp with Boy Scouts.

Often in my free time at that camp, I would sit out by the ocean and gaze out at the sea, think, and maybe doodle something or other. It came upon me one day that my thoughts were all filled with images of one pony: my OC, the very same you see in my profile picture. By that point I hadn't even given him any thought, but it was then that I realized I had to give in to the happiness.

So I got back from summer camp on July 23rd, 2012, one of the greatest days of my life. I embraced my bronydom with open arms, letting it consume me. Not only did it cure me of BEAT THE EVERLIVING SHIT OUT OF my depression, it also as an added bonus gave me the strength to overcome my 'art viewing' habits, and now i can proudly call myself a former furry and current brony.

I would stay up at night, watching episode after episode of MLP (starting of course with Return of Harmony, which still is very dear to me), and every night I would stay awake later and later. On August 13th, I saw on Yahoo News that there would be a meteor shower, so I thought, "That sounds cool. Maybe I should check it out."

That night was the best night of my life; the only time I've ever experienced more joy was the first time I watched a mareathon preceding Season 3 Ep 1+2 on November 10th, also pulling my first all-nighter in my life. I knew right there and then...well, I really dunno what I knew, but I knew it. :3 If I were to live in Equestria, stargazing on August 13th probably would have been when I got my cutie mark. :D

Anyway. So bronydom not only led me to discover my interest in stargazing, but it also led me to discover all of you...and really it could give no greater gift. You all are the most amazingly friendly, kind, pure, and creative family I've ever encountered. The amount of hatred here is miniscule (implying that it even exists). Not only that, but the brony musicians....geez. I'd never experienced anything like listening to brony music before, especially listening to CommandSpry's "Veracity of the Night" under a clear sky with beautiful constellations and a full moon. :D Nothing beats it.

So that's my story. Thank you if you actually read all of it, and please, stay awesome. /)

My friend randomly told me that he watches MLP and showed me pictures of the Mane Six on his phone and I just thought he was joking around, thats when I first heard of MLP. The next day I was just going around the internet like dA and youtube and then ponies were just everywhere, I asked my other friends if they knew about it and they told me "Yeah MLP is a good show, there are actually a lot of male grown ups and teenagers who watch it" I was pretty confused so eventually I just had to watch an episode and then thats how my journey began :)

Edited by Rainbow Dash Loyalty

At first, I thought loving My Little Pony was pathetic and only men with no lives watch it. Boy, was I wrong.

I told my friend about MLP saying that we should try it. I was laughing while saying that as a joke. Apparently, he seriously took the challenge, so I did too. Later on after 4 episodes, I realized that I became a brony. Few days later, I told my other friends about it. Most of them started to also like the show but then after a couple months, they started to ditch the show apparently and the fandom as a whole. I don't know why they would do that. Now, they think I am a pedo for liking a show about ponies.

All I had to say was that the show was cool. They laughed at me and here I am right now. I have barely any IRL brony friends. Probably only 2. The friend I told to watch MLP with me now watches a lot more anime than MLP now meaning that I am nearly alone and lacking of brony friends. 

I think probably why they started to ditch the show was that I actually took a long break from the show to concentrate on my studies! (About 3 months) I came back to it and had fun again. The only difference now was that there were a bunch of haters.

I converted my friend exactly the same way, except it only took 15 seconds and he got through all the episodes in two days xD

And for me, it took about 6 months and then, finally, I broke down. God, I'm a tough nut to crack, lol.

I would have gladly watched all the episodes in two days, but, you know, school and what not. I was actually kind of depressed when I ran out of episodes, until season three started.

I found out from a bunch of guys at my fencing club. They talked a lot about the characters in it, the episodes, and even a few of the songs. I didn't understand at the time, but I did think there was something more to this show than the girly reputation.

Hello!

First, i noticed the amount of these new pony avatars, so i looked up to see what were they about. But that's not when i started watching the show. At first, i though it was a meme, and i treated it like a meme for a month or so... Only then, i decided to actually watch the show, and after that, i got hooked.

My parents still think it's a meme :P

the story happend in 5 simple steps

1. bronies were spreading fast across the internet 

2. i started of as neutral so i didnt care in the effair

3. curiosity decided to attack me and made me watch it

4. due to the shows addictive nature i continued watching it

5. fell in love it

During the past summer 2012, I was hanging out in the mall with one of my friends. We were both looking at t-shirts in fye and I came across one shirt that had a rainbow colored pony on it with the word brony on it. I looked at my friend oddly and asked him what was up with this shirt? At the time I had no clue what were bronies or the fact that this show had grown popular among teenagers and adults. So obviously he knew at the time what bronies were and he gave me the run down about what they were and what they were about :blink: .... I was pretty shocked about hearing that guys my age and older started liking this show that was obviously meant for girls.

When I got home that night I was wondering how in the world has this show become so popular with guys for that matter! So I kinda google'd brony and read up about the whole fandom and such. I was like alright I will check out one episode to see what all the hoopla is about. After watching the first episode I was very surprised and I actually enjoyed it :o!! So after watching the first season I joined here :) 

Well it started out when my little sister would make fun of her fiance and say "You're turning into a Brony" which he would immediately deny. That's what put the idea in my head since I googled what a Brony was since I had no clue back then. So a few weeks later I was watching DBZ Abridged and saw a link for MLP the mentally advanced series. I ended up watching that and it was pretty funny. A week or so later I saw MLP was on netflix and thought "one episode won't hurt" I watched it and thought it was good. A few days later when my nieces were over we ended up watching a few episodes together and before I knew it I had blown through seasons 1&2. Ended up as a closet Brony for a year or so until a few months ago and the rest is history. I owe my Bronydom to DBZ Abridged and my little sister.