movies/tv Longest you've waited for a T.V. show to come back?

Victor van Dort

What is the longest amount of time that you've waited for a T.V. show to come back on after a typical episode? This does not count the time between seasons. Mine would have to be for Supernatural. From the episode "Appointment in Samarra" to the next one "Like a Virgin", there was nearly two months of space. This isn't even the longest some Supernatural fans have had to wait. From "Abandon All Hope" to "Sam, interrupted" there were a couple of days more in between than from "Appointment in Samarra" to "Like a Virgin". I began to notice that this happens typically around the end of November/beginning of December to the beginning of February/end of January.

Avatar: The Last Airbender ended in 2008. Legend of Korra came out in 2012, and was set in the future of the same universe. It wasn't meant to be a sequel, but it was supposed to follow up on the same lore/history. Characters from A:TLA were referenced often and were somewhat relevant to Korra's story. 

So 4 years. u_u

Edited by Replicant

Futurama.

That show should have never been cancelled. 

Sadly, I fear it might just be cancelled again. 

Hopefully not, but there is still the possibility it might be cancelled again. 

• Brohoof 3

The wait for last weeks episode was probably the longest i've ever waited for any episode.. Seriously I never really watched any show other then just whenever its on, i never really cared to watch an episode on scheduled except for MLP  episodes. Everything else I've just watched whenever it was on.

Yep sorry for being lame and giving a really obvious response :P.

The english version of Ah! My Goddess season 3. I believe that took like 4 years from season 2. But I don't watch very much television.

Power Puff girls and teen titans. They were both put on hiatus and just were confirmed for coming back this year but as reboots. so about 4 or 5 years of my life...that i spent...crying for a show to come back.

Episode twelve season one of Gravity Falls was October 2th. Episode thirteen STILL season one will not air until Feb 15Th. I just want to say one thing to Disney...

"What da what?!?!"

(read that in Blythe's voice)

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

Waiting for season 18 of Top Gear on BBC America, and my wait finally ends on Monday!  Good thing, I was getting very impatient and I was getting tired of watching re-runs.  I think it was about 7 months to a year, can't remember, I just know it was too long.

Futurama. I mean, I started watching it through reruns and thought it would never come back anyway, but my god, ending in 2003 and then finally coming back to TV in 2010? I mean wow, that has to be some kind of record. :o

The wait for MLP: FiM season 3 was probably the most grueling wait for me personally, sixth months filled with constant teasing... I hope the wait for season 4 is a little shorter at least. :huh:

Edited by SBB64

Falling Skies

Its like nine months go by before the show comes back

and they always leave you with a cliff hanger.

Basically 9 months. They only have seasons in the summer, for some reason :/

I'm always waiting for more Sherlock.

Still waiting for Firefly to return :(

Futurama was extremely long between seasons.  It ended in 2003 then started up again in 2010.  Dr Who was even longer.  I watched the last episode in 1989 then the next episode in 2005.

Wow, when I read these times I find myself quite shocked. I'm *glad* I only have been waiting for a series to continue for no longer then 3 years. Now, I'm waiting for second season of Mirai Nikki (a Japanese anime), which will continue somewhere on July 2013. I've been waiting since 2011 now. Hopefully time flies by, seeing I want to see how it continues...