Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would a My Little Pony theme park be practical?

TheMarkz0ne

Say if Hasbro wanted to open a theme park for MLP. It would have it'd rides for the little girls, then you would have rides for the bronies. Like of the top of my head make a rollercoaster called the sonic rainboom and have it have a 300 foot steep drop and have it go 120mph. I am simply crazy for even thinking about something like this. But I had no idea what to post for a topic.

• Brohoof 3

It is a good idea, but I have some doubts about it actually being put into consideration, let alone actually being built. But, I would totally go to it if it exists, that is if there were some cool rides.

Practical yes it would be. it would be interesting to see a MLP themepark. The rides would be cool to see. the sonic rainboom sounds awesome but then there has to be kiddy rides. I say the probabilty of this happening is 10 to 4000 and thats being generous. If it makes money for Hasbro then it would defiantly happen during season 4 and if the show is okayed for more seasons

• Brohoof 1

Maybe pony theme rides set up at different times of brony conventions kind of liek a brony carnival set up out side of BronyCon or something . but not one that's open all the time. i mean look at the pokemon theme park. Pokemon fans way out number bronies. and even that wasn't successful. 

I can certainly see it being a small section of a larger overall theme park, and with MLP the way it is now, it doesn't necessarily have to be all kiddie rides either.  But my hunch is that MLP alone isn't big enough to be the only theme of a theme park. 

If there's a couple of Pokemon theme parks out there in Japan I don't see why we couldn't have a pony theme park. What does need to happen, though, is it needs to be making more money and or have enough fans (although it might already have both, especially the second one)

If there's a couple of Pokemon theme parks out there in Japan I don't see why we couldn't have a pony theme park. What does need to happen, though, is it needs to be making more money and or have enough fans (although it might already have both, especially the second one)

pokepark was closed down. if there aren't enough pokemon fans going to a pokepark. Then there certainly won't be enough bronies going to a brony park. 

I say if Angry Birds gets a theme park here in Finland, then everything is possible... And I'm not kidding. There really is an Angry Birds theme park. :blink:  But no, I'm afraid it wouldn't really be practical... Although the Sonic Rainboom ride would be awesome :wub:

pokepark was closed down. if there aren't enough pokemon fans going to a pokepark. Then there certainly won't be enough bronies going to a brony park. 

Eeeehh, you see I don't really know about that. If we have bronies paying god knows how much to go overseas to conventions and stuff, I don't see why they wouldn't pay a little bit to go to a theme park.

• Brohoof 1

I doupt it would have its own theme park but i wouldnt be suprised to see it as a small section of a pre-existing themepark. Or maybe is hasbro wanted to make a theme park for all its franchises. It would be a secontion. But a solo mlp themepark nah it won't happan

Eeeehh, you see I don't really know about that. If we have bronies paying god knows how much to go overseas to conventions and stuff, I don't see why they wouldn't pay a little bit to go to a theme park.

A convention has the older fans in mind, a theme park would be built with the younger fans in mind at this point, maybe if we last another 5 years and keep going we might be considered enough of a primary demographic for Hasbro to cater to in a big way like that. 

Edited by Shoboni

Definitely put it in one of the cities where brony conventions are held. The lines would be long, but it would be quite a party with everyone gathered up :) I'm not sure it would do well enough to survive the rest of the year though, or into the future after FIM has finished its run.

Actually I meant to get out to the local theme park last fall for some pony-related fun, but they raised the ticket prices for the Halloween season just when I was planning to go, and I ended up deciding to wait until this coming spring. There's a wooden roller coaster there called the Timberwolf (which has been one of my favorites for many years), and one of those Skycoaster things (essentially an insanely large swing). I've always been terrified at the thought of riding it (plus you have to pay extra), but I'm so pretending to do a sonic rainboom next time. I don't care how much of a dork that makes me :P Plus there's another coaster that does a 200 foot drop, hits 75mph, and then goes up a steep hill, pulling 3.5 g-force. Much like swooping back up after saving Rarity :D

Who needs a specifically pony themed park when you've got an imagination?

I hate to burst any bubbles, but it would never happen. I seriously doubt if parents would take their little girls to a place that was known to cater also to Bronies. Face it, you all know the reputation that the vocal weirdos have spread all over the internet. 

Nah, I don't really think it's a good idea. Hasbro has it's thing, it's not theme parks. Also it probably won't make that much money in the long run, and end up costing people more than it should have, so I don't think it will be a thing.

Could have been cool though, but I'll just settle for regular theme parks :)

Ooh, looks like someone got inspired by my post? lol, jk

As I said, yeah, pretty cool, but imagine how good we'd have it if Disney added MLP rides to Disneyland/Disney World/Euro Disney. 

And the buyout would be beneficial to the fanbase too. Disney would probably keep the current staff and probably add a few writers and animators and that would make for some interesting episodes.

• Brohoof 1

That would be cool (I can imagine a Rainbow Dash roller coaster X3)  but w whole theme park dedicated to it? Not possible. However, I think it would be cool if Universal Studios or something had a section for it. But it'd probably be a bit kiddie since they would focus on the kids. That would also be cool if it targeted bronies. I would go there and buy all the souvenirs. :P

I can imagine there being a Applejack food shop/eatery there, Rarity's souvenirs and goods, and maybe an awesome RD roller coaster! That would be cool.  But I don't think people would ever agree to do it. I wish!

• Brohoof 1

I reckon it would be much more probable for there to be a My Little Pony themed attraction, rather than an entire park. Loads and loads of rides are themed off some franchise or another. Thorpe Park, my country's most popular theme park, has its most popular ride based off the Saw franchise, and there's another theme park with a Sonic Spinball themed ride. It's a fact there's even more of these rides around the place as well. A Wonderbolt-themed coaster would actually be a great idea, Hasbro's probably considered it in fact ;)

I gotta say something about Poképark - there is an enormous fanbase for Pokémon, sure, but they aren't nearly as enthusiastic about the franchise as Bronies are about My Little Pony. Open a Pikachu ride in a town of ten thousand Pokémon fans, and you'll get much less people going to ride on it than you would if you opened a Rainbow Dash ride in a town of ten thousand MLP fans. Especially if the majority of those MLP fans are Bronies who (if it's not unfair to say) appreciate theme parks more given their experience with them.

Speaking of which, I named a storm-runner coaster on my recent Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 park "Soarin'". I can dream :)

Edited by Flipturn
  • Brohoof 2

Sounds awesome, but I dont know. We would have the bronies mixed with 5 year olds, and that usally dosen"t call for the best time. I can imangine some dude fighting with a little girl over the last Fluttershy plushie, lol.

It would be nice, but it's probably not going to happen.

Hell we still don't have Nintendo land,

NO

I'm not talking about the video game I'm talking about a Nintendo themed park. Hell I could see this happening. Having rides for kids and rough rides for the older generation. I got ideas on how this could work and ideas for rides. Hell if this were made it could generate a lot of money.

it sounds like a cool idea to have a whole theme park dedicated to MLP, the problem comes in is that from what hasbro does currently I highly doubt they have the money for it, they'd have to buy land and build all of this, and it could become quite expensive, plus they may not be confident of the profit it would make if they opened it.

Would be pretty cool, but I doubt its something we'll be seeing anytime soon.