Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Whats happening in the world of Bronies

theparkourpony

I have been wondering recently what has been happening in the world of bronies. Are we losing bronies or still steadily gaining more. I know when i joined it seemed like other bronies popped out of no where but i have been really questioning what other bronies have been doing lately

I think I'm at a 50/50 for this one. Since, we had new episodes release lately in Season 3 some people criticize it. The Twilight Alicorn episode, people knew about it way before it was suppose to air. I think our community might be stable for now, but Season 4 might cause the first ever Brony World War. That's if everybody can keep their dignity, or at least calm down before they overreact.

Crystal Rarity approves!

img-1179050-1-tumblr_mdch97pL1t1r7dguvo1_1280.png

• Brohoof 3

Quite intriguing things, actually. Many bronies/pegasisters have been protesting due to the season three finale.

Also, some people are protesting because Derpy is going to disappear.

Quite intriguing things, actually. Many bronies/pegasisters have been protesting due to the season three finale.

Also, some people are protesting because Derpy is going to disappear.

Derpy showed up three times in the latest episode once with both her eyes clearly seen. Whatever the latest episode's faults, they have been negated by everypony's favorite Pegasus.

• Brohoof 1

Derpy showed up three times in the latest episode once with both her eyes clearly seen. Whatever the latest episode's faults, they have been negated by everypony's favorite Pegasus.

Intriguing.

The first time I watched the show, I never even noticed Derpy. That is, until someone was talking about her somewhere.

ugh im i dont know... i dont think ill actually stop being a brony but season 3 episode 13? seriously? can we have the old mlp fim back? and keep the songs down to a maximum of like two.. :(

If someone threatens to leave the fandom because one of the main characters gets wings, the they clearly don't belong here. That kind of drama is reserved for fandoms on a much bigger scale than ours.

If Kin Kardashian got wings, and everyone left the show, then everyone who followed that show would panic and start trashing it. There's no room for behavior like that in this fandom, i'm afraid. Leave if you must, but leave with some dignity left please!

Brief rant aside, what i'm getting at is that you are obviously not a true fan of MLP if a change in the show is going to force you out of here completely. 

• Brohoof 2

Well, I have school. Senior year Is verrrrrrrrrrrry busy. Um, my Grandmother has to get her Thyroid gland removed because they think it's gonna give her cancer again...(That's also why ive been disappearing). Ive been hanging with friends and gaming. That's really about it. Im still here though, but sometimes I may disappear for a few days, weeks, maybe a month or 2.

This latest episode is going to cause some stir in the scale, but serious for every member that leaves 2 more takes their place. The fandom aint gonna die. This is just a rather large bump in the road. And i'm sure we can overcome it. I assure you that by season 4 we should be growing, happy, and as amazing as can be.

I have been wondering recently what has been happening in the world of bronies. Are we losing bronies or still steadily gaining more. I know when i joined it seemed like other bronies popped out of no where but i have been really questioning what other bronies have been doing lately

I think we're losing people, but at close to the same rate we are gaining folks.  This recent episode will put more on the edge, and in the end, we'll gain some folks. 

Derpy will live on forever in Fallout: Equestria as everyone's favorite silly-eyed keeper of Absolutely Everything. She will be seen until the very end of days making mothers nervous and people regret having a sense of smell.  

• Brohoof 1

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

I think that the world of Bronies is actually growing and becoming more united than ever i guess. As for enemies Hasbro is still #1 on the hit list.

If Derpy ever disappears, she is always welcome in fan-made episodes/flash and fan-fiction.  The bronies will keep Derpy alive and going. 

I think she's in the season finale of Season 3.  And also Fan made episodes? interesting! Where can i find these? Also....Never knew that.

I think we might be losing a few, I'm sure more are on the way. Unless there's some place that shows all kinds of Brony statistics, we won't really know.

Hope people stick around through the Spring without killing each other or moving onto making Gravity Falls fanfiction, art, and music. Somehow i think people will stick around although maybe keeping an eye on the exit.

Edited by Freewave

Well we're gaining people and losing people all the time, the thing is I think we're gaining more overall then we're losing.

I don't know any particular stats.

Its a rough time right now with all the drama around the forums though, I hope it settles down soon.

If someone threatens to leave the fandom because one of the main characters gets wings, the they clearly don't belong here. That kind of drama is reserved for fandoms on a much bigger scale than ours.

If Kin Kardashian got wings, and everyone left the show, then everyone who followed that show would panic and start trashing it. There's no room for behavior like that in this fandom, i'm afraid. Leave if you must, but leave with some dignity left please!

Brief rant aside, what i'm getting at is that you are obviously not a true fan of MLP if a change in the show is going to force you out of here completely. 

I agree with this. i honestly don't understand why all the bronies are making such a big deal about it. I know, unless they completely, and i mean COMPLETELY change the show, I'll stay with this fandom for a long time.

• Brohoof 1

I've learned the people that 'leave the fandom" are the kind of people we don't want anyway, I've never seen anyone that isn't a complete and udder obnoxious moron jump ship.

It's a harsh way of putting it, but it's the truth. 

I think it's somewhere in between. People come, people go. Right now I think we're in a state of stable numbers overall. We may lose some to the Twilicorn drama, but new people will come when S4 begins, and those who left might come back depending on how that season plays out. But a constant flow of people is common in fandoms.

Really, though, I think it's difficult to make a really single, accurate "state of the fandom" statement, because there's many different sub-communities (art, music, fiction writers, grimdark aficionados, cloppers, etc) that are all changing in their own way. But if I had to, I'd say it's still business as usual.

Pony on, ya'll.

• Brohoof 1

I was just wondering because i would hate to see the fandom and show i love so much take a hit over stupid things like derpy or alicorn twilight. It seems by everybody's comments we are still chugging along as a fandom should. Now i would just like to see another creativity boom in the world of bronies since we have time in between seasons. I have to say that all of the fan made stuff really pulled me in when i first started and i bet it would do the same for others. So to all of are most creative bronies reading this Get Crackin 

• 8 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...