Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will Twilight's transition to alicorn princess be permanent?

Commander_PonyShep

380 users have voted

1. 1. Do you think Twilight's princesshood be temporary or permanent?

• Temporary
    • Permanent

Well for me its yes and no. On one hand as everyone keeps telling me. A princess can have friends and still manage to do her royal duties. But on the other hand, it would make sense that the two part premier is a "save the world" episode where twilight will probalby revert back to normal. And on the other other hand. Its mlp so I dont really see a problem with either side playing out. I'll still love and tolerate the crap out of it. :D

I really think that Twilicorn will be temporary. I mean, honestly. Previously, Twilight lived in a library in a small town known as Ponyville. Now that she's a princess, she will probably have to stay in Canterlot. So, how would her five friends be able to see her at all? Even if Celestia gave all of them their own home in Canterlot, there's no way they would be able to visit the castle every day.

And what about Twilight herself? Would she be able to cope with such a huge change in such a small time? Sure, she enjoyed the ceremony, but what about when she's actually doing work as a princess? In Ponyville, all she really did was enjoy her life with her friends. Now, she has to help run an entire empire (or whatever it's called) with Celestia. It would be like some guy busted into your house to say "Sir, you are now the president of the United States. You will now be in charge of the entire country." I don't know about you, but I would not be able to cope with a change like that.

The way I see it: It'd be a much better idea to keep Twi an Alicorn. They've made that leap, and they can't just go back. I can not imagine the pure rage that would embroil the fandom if all of this, the finale, the twist, the build up, the songs, all of it was jjust smashed and returned to Status Quo.

Plus, her having wings isn't the end of the world. I really hope that I won't have to deal with any claims of Mary Sueness or Shark jumping around here like I do on other forums. If anything, this shows that they're ready to make leaps and bounds with the show. This lasting change is them, the crew, saying "Screw you Status Quo, we're doing our own thing" And I'm so happy about that.

I think that they should get rid of her wings or disable them in one way or another (I.e. breaks wings by crashing into her window) and maybe remove her residence in Canterlot (I.e. crashes into her Canterlot residence whilst flying, destroying her residence and disabling her wings) However, I'm still not to sure on Alicorn Twilight.

One thing: It might not be permanent, because the iOS game still only has unicorn twilight, not alicorn twilight.

For me, Hell no.  By the time the two-part Season Four premiere comes out, it's going to be a save-the-world story like previous season premieres, except this time it'll have Twilight sacrifice her wings and princesshood to save her friends from whatever evil threat the writers pit her against.

I hope so...I didn't want this anyway...but a sacrifice would make me very happy. I think that would be a beautiful way for Hasbro to make up for this ugly mistake

Well, Wonderbolt Academy looks like it was originally intended to be the end of Rainbow's dream in order to avoid the problem of her leaving the group. But then they tacked on the reversal at the end where it turned out the Wonderbolts really were as cool as she always thought. So, I'm kind of expecting her to become a full member in season 4 since it's hard to justify why she hasn't already.

Rarity has always wanted to live in Canterlot, and Twilight is probably missing her old home even aside from potential royal duties, so that makes 3 of the group drawn there. Fluttershy would probably love to live in the castle garden and care for the animals there. Pinkie could run a party planning business. The snooty Canterlot ponies weren't too happy about her going wild at the gala and garden party, but her wedding reception went over well so I think she could enjoy it.

Applejack is the biggest problem. She could run a restaurant, but does that mean Apple Bloom, Granny Smith, and Big Mac all move too? Who runs the old farm then? Flim and Flam? Babs' parents? Or maybe Big Mac finally marries Cheerilee, and only Applejack and Apple Bloom move to Canterlot? But that's still sad breaking up the family...

Bottom line, I think season 5 (or end of season 4) should involve a move, to keep things fresh, and resolve the potential future separations that have been known since the very first episode.

This would seem highly unlikely. From what I view of it, Twilight isn't gonna be immortal. She's obviously not freakishly horselike like Celestia, and perhaps Luna, so, I guess they got their regal-ness and flowing mane from another source. Not "just cause' their Alicorns". Look at Cadance! Did she look the same age when Twilight was a filly? No! So, not all Alicorns are automatically 'immortal'. This is one reason why most bronies hate this hype. Plus, the official article states that Twilight's relationship with the main six won't change. She'll still have partially the same life as she did in the past. She just... has wings, and is probably gonna keep something in balance and rule it.

(edited)

I don't think so. Since I know for a fact that the finale is a two-parter, I think for a reason that Twilight will become just a regular unicorn again. I don't know why, but that's what I believe. Cause we all know that she will stay in Ponyville. And for some reason it seems odd to me that an Alicorn princess stays in Ponyville

Edited by Jokuc

I'm not entirely sure that I like the idea, but for now, I am thinking that the wings are here to stay. It doesn't really make sense if they were to go through this big coronation thing, only to have a sorta anticlimactic end to the alicorn thing. As much as I am skeptical, I think they are going to keep them. And hey, if they can make it work, then I'll be happy with it. :)

(edited)

Seriously what's wrong for twilight being an alicorn?

For me I'm very happy smile.png

And besides its for the best, don't you think when twilight is not an alicorn season 4 will not be created (in my opinion huh.png ) I'm proud of you twilight cool.png !

Edited by Applejack Apple
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

It is a permanent thing from the way I see it. Why would they turn her into an alicorn and then turn her back into a unicorn. While I don't like her being an alicorn; it would be a dumb move by the writers to turn her back into an unicorn. They can't do that.

Edited by Prince Doopliss

All though I know a lot of you will disagree with me and potentially attempt to destroy me, I actually like Twilicorn and I hope she stays like that as it has made the show a hell more interesting. The only problem now is that the 'Mane 6' has been imbalanced, which is why I guess a lot of fans were angry about. =/

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

All though I know a lot of you will disagree with me and potentially attempt to destroy me, I actually like Twilicorn and I hope she stays like that as it has made the show a hell more interesting. The only problem now is that the 'Mane 6' has been imbalanced, which is why I guess a lot of fans were angry about. =/

I agree with you and never feel bad liking some aspect of the show and especially not when it's canon now. The imbalance is weird because from an Elements of Harmony perspective Twilight always stood apart, but as a Unicorn she stood with Rarity. It could imply a new Unicorn, or it could just mean the writers don't think it's important.

Edited by Nature Spell

I really don't care if Alicorn Twily will be permanent.

When I first saw Season 3, I immediately thought that this show will go downhill.

After watching few episodes, I was wrong.

I believe S3 is best season,even if it's shorter than the first two seasons.

And when I heard that she will become an alicorn, I also thought that this will suck.

But again,

I remember A Canterlot Wedding. If you look at the title, It looks like some generic wedding episode. The fact that Princess Cadance and Shining Armor are thrown in just for the toys support that fact.

But throw in Queen Chrysalis and Changelings and it becomes epic.

So, I saw Magical Mystery Cure and guess what happened? Everything went better than expected.

As for me, I will still believe in the writers.

(edited)

The mane 6 being imbalance is one of my reasons why I dislike it. It also is "Hey look at the pretty prancing princess!" look if they want to do something about alicorns, they could I don't know make a special for alicorns instead of turning Twilight into one. She really don't need to be one. I'm just saying their could be another to have us learn about alicorns.

Edited by Prince Doopliss

from the sites i have looked through i can back up the claim that twighly will not stay an alicorn for much longer, it says she will give up her princess wings and crown to stay in ponyvile with her friends.

I say temporary. By temporary I mean "almost until the end of the series". It would upset children if she got the wings off after one episode, but I think that all the important stuff that happened in the season 3 finale made it clear that those wings were NOT going off for a while. It's a important change.

from the sites i have looked through i can back up the claim that twighly will not stay an alicorn for much longer, it says she will give up her princess wings and crown to stay in ponyvile with her friends.

As much as I'd love to believe you, just how can you back up these claims? I've searched all around for tidbits and information and couldn't find a single shred of evidence that points to it being temporary, but lots (interviews of staff members, official books, changes to Equestria Girls, storyboards etc) that points to it being permanent. The fact that she's staying in Ponyville has no bearing on her wings or her princess-hood whatsoever. The 'giving it up to stay with her friends' things is nothing but a fan theory that doesn't have much to back it up with, especially if you look at stuff like the Crystal Heart Spell. If you've genuinely seen stuff that backs up your theory, I'd definitely like to see it.

Oh, and to clarify, despite what you may think considering what I've written, I'm deeply anti-Twilicorn. I just happen to not believe for one second that she's changing back, no matter how much I want it to happen.

• Brohoof 1

I think it will be permenant. Many reasons, but they would not have gone through the effort of producing an entire musical biased episode like Magical Mystery Cure and then throw out the entire change in Twilight's character. I'm fine with this change as long as they do something creative with it and explore more of the concepts of being an Alicorn and the effects it has on her character.

• Brohoof 1

Her Hot Minute segment for Hot Topic featured her as an alicorn, with a very small clip of season 4, so it has to be permanent. I still have very mixed feelings on it.

EDIT (JULY 11, 2013): The clip was actually from Equestria Girls.

Edited by Misumi Nagisa

i think think that twilight is going to get really big headed and when she notices that all her friends are leaving her, she is going to have to choose between her friends and her wings and she chooses her friends and princess celestia is proud of twilight's choice or something along those lines anyway :P

My friends aren't going to watch s4 all because of alicorn twilight. But I say what's the big deal? So she's going to be a princess. So what? That just means more oppurtunities for other seasons. (yes that's right. I believe there are going to be more seasons after season 4). I think somewhere down the line she might lose her wings by some "save the world" scenario. But evidence so far seems like twilight is going to be celestia's sucessor and stay an alicorn.

For now (and forever), this is my verdict. Twilight will (hopefully) be caught and a sadistic villain will give her the choice between her horn and her wings. Obviously, she would choose her horn, losing her wings, but there may be Alternate Reality episodes (like "turn left" in Doctor Who) where she is a pegasus (with alicorn wings) instead.