Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Friendship Express RP

Descant

As the pony's voice rang around the train, Star squeaked and fell of her bed. She groaned and sat up, rubbing her head. "Ugh...this early ? Really ?" She asked herself, standing up but only slipping and falling to the floor again with a loud *THUMP*

"Uuuuuugh." She muttered, standing up again and lazily making her way into the bathroom.

• Brohoof 1

Yesterday had begun with scamming. It had ended with a very confused Jabbermouth and one Encore who seemed to be hellbent on ruining Jabber's chances with...with...

Aw, crap. He had already forgotten her- Accent! That was it. Accent. Oh, boy. That would have been bad.

The voice had announced the time as seven o'clock. On an average day, Jabber would have either been asleep for another three hours or still awake from the previous evening. This train ride was a journey of unusual-ness for the poor stallion. 

Groaning, he rolled out of bed and got to his hooves. He gussied himself up, making sure he looked extra pleasant today. He hadn't been in Buffalo in a while...maybe the townsponies there had forgotten about his little music-making scheme. Hey, what town doesn't need seventy-six trombones?

His ears perked up suddenly. There was another reason to look nice. And, as much as he hated to admit it, it was because of a mare. He had heard horror stories from his fellow scam artists - the dreaded 'one that got away.' Jabber was dead set on not letting Accent be lost to him forever. He couldn't quite place the feeling he had in his chest while thinking about her...guh, if it was love, he would ask the conductor to throw him under the train. Love just wouldn't do.

But he would have Accent. He thought about all the different schemes he could twist so as to coax reciprocating feelings out of her as opposed to her bits. Laughing gleefully, he trotted out of his suite and into the hallway. There was only one pony - one thing - standing in his way.

Encore.

OOC: Because OBVIOUSLY, everything is Encore's fault.

• Brohoof 1

Hops ears flicked at the sound of the speaker as if it would push the soun away and make it shut up. She was awake but she didnt open her eyes for a good 5 minutes. When she did she squinted them to keep the sun from hitting them. "Ughhhhgood morning me... Rise and shine... On second thought..." Hop got up and closed the curtains on the window. "No shine right now. Too bright." She nodded to herself in agreement. She then went into the bathroom to brush her teeth and fix her mane. Ugh her mane. Why is it always so messy in the mornings?

• Brohoof 1

Dusk had been awake for a good hour before the speakers came on. He was used to getting up early, he liked to read before he went to work. 

Looking out the window at the scenery shooting by, he couldn't help but rest his head lazily on the windowsill with a grin on his face. Unusual for him, normally there's nothing to smile about until he gets home from work. 

After a few more minutes of gormlessly watching the passing rocks, he turned and headed for the rooms bathroom to clean his teeth and wash up. 

Accent slowly got out of her bed, her alarm becoming the intercom about stopping in Buffalo in 2 hours. She sat up, stretching for a good 2 minutes before getting out of bed. She walked over to the bathroom, noticing her usual, unruly mane. 

"Hmm... Well, let's see... I could either straighten it up, since it's Buffalo... Or just leave it messy as always, and have them complain about it... Then again, I find more fans that way..."

She picked up a brush, looking down on it, then she remembered. She needed to talk with Jabber... And she might as well just fix her mane a little, just for him... So she did one quick comb-over, not even straightening it or anything. "Perfect!", she exclaimed, exiting the bathroom and grabbing her saddle bags. She wrapped a forest green scarf around her neck, the same color as her mane, and her usual "Pony" ((play off of Sony)) headphones, plugging them into her MP4 player. After a little bit of scrolling, she got to a recent song of hers that she had recorded, and her best work too. She stepped out of the room, and went off to find Jabber for the morning, while her music was slightly blasting, not very noticeable to anyone outside.

@@Kolth,

((OOC: Oh, and here's the song. Since Accent goes with any kind of genre she could play.))

Fiera was up since 4 AM. She never got much sleep, but it didn't really matter much. She was naturally full of energy. The reason she was up so early was because it was per the norm for her. Back when she lived in Fillydelphia, she would wake up very early to practice flying and strengthen her wings. She never did that anymore, but she was unable to really change the habit.

She had already showered, brushed her teeth, etc. Basically gotten ready to spend the day with Dusk. Surprisingly he was the only friend she made so far on this trip. 

"Okay... but like I said, no funny business." Star slowly made his way towards the bed but kept a weary eye open. Sleeping in the same bed as somepony wasn't exactly new to him but he had learned to be cautious on approach. "Actually, maybe this isn't such a good idea. I'm not exactly...  comfortable with it right now. Maybe some other time?"

(The next day has started. I'm going to just assume they stayed together in the same bed)

After hearing the announcement, Moonbeam woke up back-to back with Star Keeper. She felt his warmth beside him and rolled over, remembering that he stayed the night. She held back a little chuckle. He's cute when he's sleeping, she thought. She rolled out of bed and walked over to the bathroom to prepare for the new day. After a short while she came back out, and he was still sleeping. She wondered if it would be better to wake him, wait for him, or go out on her own to see how Star Song and the others were doing before coming back for him. She decided to head over and invite her friends to have breakfast with them. She walked across the hall to Star's room and knocked politely.

@,

(The next day has started. I'm going to just assume they stayed together in the same bed)

After hearing the announcement, Moonbeam woke up back-to back with Star Keeper. She felt his warmth beside him and rolled over, remembering that he stayed the night. She held back a little chuckle. He's cute when he's sleeping, she thought. She rolled out of bed and walked over to the bathroom to prepare for the new day. After a short while she came back out, and he was still sleeping. She wondered if it would be better to wake him, wait for him, or go out on her own to see how Star Song and the others were doing before coming back for him. She decided to head over and invite her friends to have breakfast with them. She walked across the hall to Star's room and knocked politely.

@,

(OOC: I will be gone until later this afternoon, this could be my last post so you can Control Star if need be.)

Star popped her head out of the bathroom. "The door is open...i'm just in the bathroom." She called out, stepping back into the bathroom and picking up a manebrush. She started brushing her mane into the usual style...but she stopped, and decided that today she was going to switch things up a bit...she put it back into a pony tail (?)

• Brohoof 1

(OOC: I will be gone until later this afternoon, this could be my last post so you can Control Star if need be.)

Star popped her head out of the bathroom. "The door is open...i'm just in the bathroom." She called out, stepping back into the bathroom and picking up a manebrush. She started brushing her mane into the usual style...but she stopped, and decided that today she was going to switch things up a bit...she put it back into a pony tail (?)

Moonbeam walked in uncertainly. "Hey, Star Song? It's me, Moonbeam. Um...me and Star Keeper are going to go out for breakfast once we arrive in Buffalo before exploring . Do you want to come with us? You can bring Little Hop, and I figured Harmonic and the rest of our friends could go as well. It should be a good time."

• Brohoof 1

"Okay, I guess..." she said, but then the announcement came over the intercom. "Oh, no! If you go out now you'll get in trouble! You should stay. You can have the bed. Like I said, I'll just sleep on the loveseat." She patted him on the shoulder, got up, and began to head towards the little sofa on the other side of the room.

Moonbeam walked in uncertainly. "Hey, Star Song? It's me, Moonbeam. Um...me and Star Keeper are going to go out for breakfast once we arrive in Buffalo before exploring . Do you want to come with us? You can bring Little Hop, and I figured Harmonic and the rest of our friends could go as well. It should be a good time."

Star woke up in a small haze, unsure of what had happened the previous night. His memory was just like that in the mornings, it would be some time before he regained his wits. He was alone in the bed, that could mean a few things, but what made this stand out was that it wasn't his. Oh that's right, you slept here with another mare. Well, at least you got over your issues about feeling uncomfortable. Getting up and loosely ruffling his mane, Star decided it might be best if he just went back to his room, got ready, then came back to see if Moonbeam was back then.

Encore groaned as the light again shone in his face, and grudgingly pulled himself out of bed. Looks like he was not going to be able to get back to sleep. Shame. 

He trotted to the sink in his room and splashed himself in the face with water. That seemed to wake him up quite nicely. After momentarily struggling to fix his mane, he groaned and gave up. It just insisted on being messy. He was probably going to be playing with it and trying to fix it all day long.

It was an exceptionally grumpy-looking Encore that emerged into the hallway several moments later, and he turned without a word from the two chatting mares across the hall to the door that lead to the next train car. All he had to do was place a single hoof on the handle to tell that it was absolutely frigid outside. And without a moment's delay, he turned back into his room to grab himself a warm woolen scarf. Emerging from his room yet again, he glanced at the mares across the hall. Upon closer glance, it was only the blue one that was visible. Her friend was in her room still, evidently.

(edited)

Silent Dance lugged her bags over to the Buffalo station, knowing it would arrive at 8 o clock. 'How did Windy Scamper talk me into this?' She thought to herself. She really didn't like being around other ponies; she was always afraid of being made fun of for being a mute.

She remembered what her roommate, Windy Scamper, had told her. "Well, the only way you can ever talk again is if you actually find somepony!"

She rolled her eyes at herself. 'Yeah, somepony's going to fall in love with a mute. Totally...'

She then watched and waited for the train to arrive and take her away.

Edited by Windy Scamper
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Actius ran through the train station at top speed, jumping over miscellaneous luggage, sweating and panting all the way. His horn glowed as he used magic to drag his bags rather unceremoniously behind him. "I'm gonna' miss it! Why am I always so late for stuff?" He arrived at the tracks ten minutes behind schedule. "No! Man, this would've been so nice!" His gaze wandered and happened to fall on a board with the train arrival and departure times on it. Apparently, he had been wrong. He was two hours early. Well, he thought to himself, I'm two hours early. Why did I have to be so early? He leaned up against a stone support column in the station and awaited the Friendship Express.

While he stood there, Actius wondered why the ride was so cheap. It was a luxury train with all sorts of amazement aboard, and it cost less than the taxi to the Buffalo station. When he thought about the wonders the train held, he started to ponder what he wanted to do. The tour of this town sounds pretty fun, and I've only been here a day or two, so I didn't get to explore much. Eh, why the hay not? Once I get settled into my room, whichever one that is, I'll go. Well, if it's still going on by the time I unpack my stupid, overstuffed bags...

Edited by TheSonicAlicorn

Actius ran through the train station at top speed, jumping over miscellaneous luggage, sweating and panting all the way. His horn glowed as he used magic to drag his bags rather unceremoniously behind him. "I'm gonna' miss it! Why am I always so late for stuff?" He arrived at the tracks ten minutes behind schedule. "No! Man, this would've been so nice!" His gaze wandered and happened to fall on a board with the train arrival and departure times on it. Apparently, he had been wrong. He was two hours early. Well, he thought to himself, I'm two hours early. Why did I have to be so early? He leaned up against a stone support column in the station and awaited the Friendship Express.

While he stood there, Actius wondered why the ride was so cheap. It was a luxury train with all sorts of amazement aboard, and it cost less than the taxi to the Buffalo station. When he thought about the wonders the train held, he started to ponder what he wanted to do. The tour of this town sounds pretty fun, and I've only been here a day or two, so I didn't get to explore much. Eh, why the hay not? Once I get settled into my room, whichever one that is, I'll go. Well, if it's still going on by the time I unpack my stupid, overstuffed bags...

Silemt noticed a colt walk inwho seemed to be waiting for the same train as she was. 'Eeeks! My first encounter! I thought I still had 2 hours before I had to see anypony! What do I do....i haven't tried to "talk" to anypony besides Scamps...but she actually knows how to read my expressions by now. Um, okay, don't walk up, maybe I can avoid that whole awkward fake conversation...'

After much thought, Silent waved and crackdd a smiled at the colt, and then resumed to twidiling her hooves.

Dusk stepped out of the bathroom feeling fresh and ready, for a change. "Shadow..not funny business today, alright?"

"Me? Funny business? Dusk I am insulted!" 

"Yeah, just back off alright? I can handle myself." 

And with this, he took a deep breath and opened his door, stepping into the corridor. Almost as soon as his hoof touched the carpet of the corridor, his stomach rumbled deeply. "well that's a sign" he chuckled to himself as he headed towards the breakfast cart, dodging a few ponies on the way. 

Mirror wandered, as she usually did. Searching for nothing. She had recently found herself in the town of Buffalo, and even ended up buying a ticket for something, The Friendship Express. She decided she may as well head to the train station. Nothing better to do, anyway. There was never anything better to do. Once arriving, she noticed two other ponies, both also waiting for the train. 

(OOC: Just had a thought... Mirror could probably help Silent, since she can see others thoughts and everything. And it might be hard for Silent to talk with others alone.)

"Sure." Star said, her voice slightly muffled as she was brushing her teeth. She finished brushing her teeth and she stepped out of the bathroom. She trotted over past the door to a small closet where she pulled out a coat, some sock's, a scarf, and some boots. She sat down on her bad and started putting on the socks. "I will have to figure out what room Hop is in..." She said, only just realizing she didn't know.

"Sure." Star said, her voice slightly muffled as she was brushing her teeth. She finished brushing her teeth and she stepped out of the bathroom. She trotted over past the door to a small closet where she pulled out a coat, some sock's, a scarf, and some boots. She sat down on her bad and started putting on the socks. "I will have to figure out what room Hop is in..." She said, only just realizing she didn't know.

Hop had effectively brushed her teeth and fixed her mane and 10 minutes flat. She went to her suitcase and pulled out a beautiful white scarf and wrapped it around her neck. She then slipped on her winter boots and headed out the door over to Stars room. When she reached it she found... *Shoot! Whats her name? Buck!* she peeked in and saw Star putting socks on. "Hey guys. Looks like you already beat me to Star." She said cheerfully with a smile. "Whatcha you guys doin'?"
  • Brohoof 2

Hop had effectively brushed her teeth and fixed her mane and 10 minutes flat. She went to her suitcase and pulled out a beautiful white scarf and wrapped it around her neck. She then slipped on her winter boots and headed out the door over to Stars room. When she reached it she found... *Shoot! Whats her name? Buck!* she peeked in and saw Star putting socks on. "Hey guys. Looks like you already beat me to Star." She said cheerfully with a smile. "Whatcha you guys doin'?"

Star smiled at Hop as she trotted over. "Hi Little Hop...Moonbeam and I were just discussing having breakfast in Buffalo...wanna come ?" She asked,  putting on the last sock and then putting on her coat before starting to put on her shoes. "I'm so excited to see Neighagra Falls...my dad has told me about them and he said it was to cold for him...it will probably be too cold for me too but it will still be amazing. I am also excited about seeing Buffalo of course."

• Brohoof 1

@@Marathon,

Star smiled at Hop as she trotted over. "Hi Little Hop...Moonbeam and I were just discussing having breakfast in Buffalo...wanna come ?" She asked,  putting on the last sock and then putting on her coat before starting to put on her shoes. "I'm so excited to see Neighagra Falls...my dad has told me about them and he said it was to cold for him...it will probably be too cold for me too but it will still be amazing. I am also excited about seeing Buffalo of course."

"Yeah, I hear that the falls are absolutely lovely! So, Little Hop, do you want to get breakfast with us? It'll be us, Star Keeper, and I was thinking of also inviting Accent and Harmonic as well," she asked. She then remembered that she had not yet shared the good news with her friends. "Oh, and I have something exciting to share with you both. Star Keeper and I went out to dinner last night, and...we're going out now!"

• Brohoof 1

Hop nodded, "Yeah, it is a little nippy out but its warmer than you think in the train, but yeah ill join you guys in breakfast."

@@Marathon,

"Yeah, I hear that the falls are absolutely lovely! So, Little Hop, do you want to get breakfast with us? It'll be us, Star Keeper, and I was thinking of also inviting Accent and Harmonic as well," she asked. She then remembered that she had not yet shared the good news with her friends. "Oh, and I have something exciting to share with you both. Star Keeper and I went out to dinner last night, and...we're going out now!"

Hop heard the remark Moonbeam made and felt surprised. "Wow, congratulations to you two. Hopefully it goes well." Hop then sneaked a glance in Stars direction and gave her a look that seemed to ask 'hey, why haven't you asked me out yet?' "So, off to breakfast then?" Hop asked making room through the door for both to pass.

• Brohoof 1

@,

((YOU KNOW WHAT? ... Yeah, that's right. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT. AAHAHAHAHAHAH... :| ))

Fiera just seemed to materialize next to Dusk. She walked along with him and smile. "Goin to breakfast?" she asked, turning her head to him to see his probably most ridiculous reaction.  

@,

((Well you asked for it))

The happy bounce in his step soon turned into a leap as Fiera spoke, causing him to jump like a tazed cat. He backed off a few steps, until he hit the wall of the narrow corridor, knocking over a lamp as he backed up against it. It took him a moment to catch his breath, but he eventually managed it and chuckled. "Fiera! Don't do that, you scared me!" he couldn't help but laugh, still breathing deeply trying to bring his heart rate back down.  

@@Marathon,

@@MelancholicMemory,

Star did notice the look Hop gave her and she blushed quite a bit. "I uh...that's g-great, Moonbeam." She said, smiling at Moonbeam, then finishing putting on the last boot. She stood up and looked as if she was about to climb to the top of the highest coldest mountain...her coat was big and fluffy, her socks were fuzzy and her boot's went half way up her legs...but she wasn't worried about that, she was never the one to ask ponies out on a date...she always shied away and, after what happened the other night, she felt rather awkward about asking out Hop...she wanted to so so so badly but...she was scared of rejection...again.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@The-Master,

@,

Hop nodded, "Yeah, it is a little nippy out but its warmer than you think in the train, but yeah ill join you guys in breakfast."

Hop heard the remark Moonbeam made and felt surprised. "Wow, congratulations to you two. Hopefully it goes well." Hop then sneaked a glance in Stars direction and gave her a look that seemed to ask 'hey, why haven't you asked me out yet?' "So, off to breakfast then?" Hop asked making room through the door for both to pass.

"Thanks! I'm so happy! Speaking of Star Keeper, I'm going to get him. He was still asleep when I came over here," she said with a little giggle,"We'll meet you both at the main exit of the train in 15 minutes and we'll head into Buffalo as a group. If you seeing Accent, Harmonic, or anypony else you know, feel free to invite them along as well." She waved to her friends and headed back across the hall. She opened the door and saw the empty bed.

"Star? Star Keeper? Are you here?" she called. When she got no response she thought, I guess he headed back to his room for a while.

She went to her closet and got her snow-white scarf and cozy red hat, her blue ears sticking out of two holes in a funny manner.

Edited by MelancholicMemory
  • Brohoof 1