Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think Hasbro should or should not add Double Rainbooms to MLP FIM?

PINEApplejack

Double Rainboom?  

42 users have voted

1. 1. Should there be a Double Rainboom in the real series?

• Yeah, it would be cool!
    • I think it's fine without the Double Rainboom.
    • They should add it and add advantages to the other ponies.

(edited)

Eh, it might add balance to Twilicorn, but I honestly don't think a "Double Rainboom" would be all that interesting. I don't really want it.

Edited by Betez
  • Brohoof 1

This thread appears to be discussing MLP:FiM in some way, shape or form. Thus, it has been sentenced to Show Discussion.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

It'd cheapen the value of sonic rainbooms. If you have to do a double, soon you'll be on your triple and quadruple and the real emotional impact of the first two would be lost. I already thought that the rainboom in A Canterlot Wedding was pushing it; this is silly.

• Brohoof 2

I think no. As cool as it would be at the time, it does run too much risk of Dragonball syndrome, with the characters getting exponentially stronger than anything has ever been before. The single rainboom was already legendary, so I think better to leave it a done deal. I'd rather see Dash training for some physically and technically difficult stunt combos and stuff, more like an olympic athlete.

...why hadn't I ever thought of that before? There should definitely be an episode next season of the Equestria Games actually happening, with Dash as a competitor. She was so excited about it already :)

• Brohoof 3

To balance it? So now Twiligt is overpowered or something? What about the rest of the Mane 6?

Twilight have always been kind of the main character, and turning her into an Alicorn should not be taken as a surprise or that it's unfair in any way

• Brohoof 1

she's the super saiyan of the show, she ascended beyond the levels of a normal unicorn, something like that for every character would make the show fall into Dragonball Z territory where you get a so powerful few, most characters are rendered utterly useless

• Brohoof 2

I will keep this poll up just in case anypony has an opinion. I see your ideas have very good points, but honestly if I was a voter, I would pick 3.

Like I said, it's not that you guys have bad points...

Twilicorn too OP,plz nerf.

But seriously..."balance it"?It's a kids show,not some video game.Doesn't really matter if any character is OP in a show or book,as long as they're not some Mary Sue to make people hate the character.

• Brohoof 1

I don't quite understand the concept of 'balancing' the mane six out. Twilight hasn't been shown yet to have any..extraordinary powers as compared to the rest of her companions. She's just an alicorn- absolutely nothing has changed yet! I also feel that a double rainboom would take away from her accomplishment with the first few ones- I don't see reason for it to be added to the show.

• Brohoof 1

I don't quite understand the concept of 'balancing' the mane six out. Twilight hasn't been shown yet to have any..extraordinary powers as compared to the rest of her companions. She's just an alicorn- absolutely nothing has changed yet! I also feel that a double rainboom would take away from her accomplishment with the first few ones- I don't see reason for it to be added to the show.

Actually Twilight was already pretty ridiculously strong right at the beginning, harvesting a whole field of apple trees simultaneously (makes me feel sorry for Applejack...), and the ursa incident. I'd almost say her power has gone down since moving to Ponyville. Perhaps due to lack of a certain princess always being around setting an example. And indeed, there's no evidence that being an alicorn will give her a power boost by itself... Cadence can do that big shield thing, but then again so can Shining, and he doesn't have wings.

I do think there should be more progression of everypony's dreams/careers though. Rainbow joining the Wonderbolts, Rarity opening a boutique in Canterlot and becoming famous (but only if the whole group moves to Canterlot), etc.. More social advancement than physical. Rainbow is already the fastest in the world... it's kind of odd that she hasn't been invited to join the 'bolts already. But as with Twilight, it needs to happen mid-series to ensure that the group stays together, and that we get to see what new challenges come with the new circumstances. Much cooler than just ending it at a big change, which often gives the impression that their lives aren't interesting enough to tell the story of after their long-time dream is accomplished.

• Brohoof 2

Maybe once. Like Rainbowdash is being bullied by those thugs up in cloudsdale, and she want to prove to them that she can.

But besides that, no. It cheapens it, like doing a once in a life time trick all over again. Once it's done over and over it's not once in a life time.

The first sonic rainboom happened on the miraculous day the Mane 6 became heirs to the Elements of Harmony.  The second was done to save lives in jeopardy.  It's sort of akin to an ordinary person lifting a car off of a trapped loved one.  And the third one was done at the behest of Princess Celestia.  Maybe she somehow boosted her power?  Celestia was also present for the second sonic rainboom and, seeing that RD was the falling ponies only hope, she may have increased her energy that time too. 

Unless there is a VERY good reason for it, like maybe being supercharged by the Elements of Harmony moments beforehand, a double rainboom is too much.  I'll have to watch it and decide for myself if it's too inconceivable to be canon worthy or not. 

• Brohoof 3

My question is why should they add it?  Isn't the normal rainboom (and by 'normal,' I'm referring to the one that can be performed by literally one pegasus who is still alive and before that hadn't been done for long enough to make others think that it was only a legend) powerful enough?  

I also don't think that there's a need to balance out everyone with Twilight.  This isn't exactly a show based around fighting enemies.  Having wings doesn't suddenly make Twilight more useful in tackling social and friendship problems.  It just means that she might be able to reverse gravity a few more times per day (which I think would end up causing more social/friendship problems than it would solve).

Finally, how would they give advantages to the other Mane 6?  I suppose that Pinkie could learn how to open wormholes to other dimensions (Equestria Girls?) and Fluttershy could grow an extra pair of legs so she could perform the fabled Double Hug, but I can't think of things for anyone else...

• Brohoof 2

Okay. Maybe you don't have to stretch your ideas too much or anything. I can probably agree that a Double Rainboom is a little too much, but I'm just making a suggestion of what else could be interesting- in a good or bad way.

Oh, and plus I don't play or watch Dragonball Z and all I know is that Vegeta yells it's over 9000 for a reason I don't know.

Oh again to all of you, I know this is a kid's show, but wouldn't the rest of the Mane 6 still be important? This show is focused on Twilight as I know, but the show wouldn't be the same without FRIENNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSS!

• 1 year later...

Double rainboon was cool in a fan episode that isn't cannon, but in the actual show? It would just feel odd.

Not to mention it makes the regular sonic rainboom(which is already legendary) seem obsolete.

It's gonna feel kind of like something out of dragonball Z. With Super sayians going to like super sayian 4 and stuff.

And even a regular sonic rainboom was preformed under pretty special circumstances, so double rainboom, idk how much more special it would have to get.

Plus, it would just feel weird, and kind of pointless.

So I'm going to have to say I'm against having it cannon in the show.

I suppose they could? I mean, I don't really see the point. It would be like having an episode were the sonic rainboom turns red. Other than fandom speculation the physical object alone wouldn't cause any changes or really serve a narritive purpose.

I love how no one here wants to hear about that fanmade work of mediocrity (compared to the show).

Still great fan animation though. Lots of effort.