Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Proof Hasbro really loves us.

Varcolac

I have heard many bronies complain about how Hasbro hates the bronies with them shutting down things like the Mane Six; Fighting is Magic but I would like to point out several things with this thread. 

In the 80's hasbro created My Little Pony, The show was ment to sell toys to little girls. The toys were little ponies with manes you could brush and were Hasbro's answer to Mattel's Barbie. the toys didn't change much from gen 1 to 3 but they did have little playsets and color change manes and what not. 

Gen 4 My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic added something new, Adults that like the show, These are people have money to burn and re willing to pay more then the once in a while at the grocery store. And when the bronies suggest something we tend to get it. We wanted ponies with more show like manes we get the grab bags and hard vinyl figures, and our fan favorite background ponies become cannon like Bon Bon, Lyra, and Dr Whooves. And even the show has changes for us. What are two of the most common fan arts princess mane six and human ponies. So I say we need to stop complaining about Hasbro and the changes to the show. They were made for us and to a lesser extent by us.

Give Equestria Girls a chance, four years ago we never would have thought we would be fans of My Little Pony and now we go to cons, write fan fiction, draw fan art and wear the t shirts. Equestia Girls deserve a chance and Princess Twilight was invented by us and fellow pony lovers. We know she isn't going to leave her friends so lets sit back and enjoy the wonderful ride Hasbro has to give us. 

• Brohoof 31

Wait, what the hell is Equestria Girls? I keep hearing about it, but I just figured it was that (somewhat amusing) parody of California Girls. Now I have no idea. So confused... :/

• Brohoof 2

Hasbro loves us because we have made them rich. They did not expect to have so many people out of the target demographic be fans of the show. Much less spend money on toys not marketed to them. People who complain about Fighting is Magic don't understand copyright law. Hasbro is not some "Greedy" organization that hates us like some people like to believe. Although i do think some of their toys are a bit expensive for what they really are.

• Brohoof 6

Wait, what the hell is Equestria Girls? I keep hearing about it, but I just figured it was that (somewhat amusing) parody of California Girls. Now I have no idea. So confused... :/

This is Equestria Girls. Not much to it yet, but it was announced shortly after the premiere of Magical Mystery Cure, so there isn't going to be much information on it.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

If Hasbro didn't love us they wouldn't have done a couple things for us:

1) Mentioned us in their promo

2) Allowed us to keep all the episodes of MLP: FiM on youtube

3) Made little references to things that kids have no idea about that only we can get (subliminal "adult" humor)

4) Given background characters (that we have latched onto) speaking roles (even if for a brief second) 

Hasbro has done so much for us bronies, so back off their case.  As well if you guys read the Equestria girls wiki, one can see the editor of Kidscreen said "Equestria Girls is a completely separate show that will have no bearing on My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic." 

So in short I agree with you Varcolac.  We shall coast on this fun ride Hasbro has thrown at us and I will be sippin' on my applejuice all the way home.  ;)

Edited by MeanBlackHawk
  • Brohoof 5

I agree with you. I believe they don't hate us as some bronies have said.

One example is Stephen Magnet, he's the sea serpent in the second episode. They're releasing a figure of him later this year, and they made that name cannon. And you know where that name came from? The brony community! So, yea they listen to us!

And I'll give Equestrian Girls a go. We have drawn the Mane 6 and other ponies as humans for years now, and maybe they think this will make us happy? Just wish that the designs were better!

Thanks and bro hoof /)

• Brohoof 1

I've never really doubted that Hasbro loves us...

For what reason, I cannot say. (Money or they just plain like us)

All that I know is this...

They allow us to create wonderful Art,Fan Fics and music WITHOUT harrasment, so I have no problem with Hasbro.

(edited)

Princess Twilight was already going to happen, we had nothing to do with that one. And anyway, what does Hasbro want to do? Make money. They like that they make money from us but they do not love us, they edited the toys to sell more of them, which makes sense. 

Edited by Chill Mists (Chilly)

Plus lets all be serious here, If Hasbro didnt love us they would have scrapped the show when they drew in the unexpected Audience xD

• Brohoof 2

If Hasbro didn't love us then why would they put derpy in? They WOULD just have kept it in for the first episode (maybe, I have no proof, this is a theory), but we exist so they keep her in :D

• Brohoof 1

I totally agree with you. I mean of course they like us. They have done so many things for us.

ugh it's some show that will start.. read this:

http://mlpforums.com/topic/48822-equestria-girls-tv-spinoff-movieseries-official-thread/

(edited)

Of course Hasbro loves us. We are the biggest reason MLP FIM is their top show on The Hub. We're a big part of the reason they're selling so much merchandise. We're the reason My Little Pony is now a top priority for Hasbro. The Transformers have nothing on Ponies anymore. And the fanbase is only getting bigger

They love us to bits. It's just that they are a corporation, and they still have to make decisions that are good for business. We won't always agree with those decisions, but that's just how it goes.

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 1

I believe that Hasbro does care about us to an extent and as long as they do and don't lose their standards I'll keep following MLP as long as it exists haha I'm actually glad Equestria Girls will have nothing to do with FIM. It sounds like a vey similar spin-off called "Rugrats: All-Grown Up" which was an epic fail by any standard. Also about Fighting Is Magic, while I am one very disappointed pony about the C&D of the game I do understand that Hasbro has to protect their trademark and who knows? Maybe Mane6 or even Hasbro will make something similar. I still wish we could have had the original though <3

Oh, techniclly, they're giving Fighting a chance, I think. But according to Fiw, Fiw has not been cancelled. They have been sued by the apple company for forgetting to censor an apple. Silly sherclop!

I don't really care or I couldn't care less about Hasbro loving/hating us. As long, as we get My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and all of the things that we want and need, then I will be satisfied.

So I say, Hasbro has made a lot of mistakes but keep the show going.

• Brohoof 3

People, Hasbro does not love us. A corporation can't love you. They acknowledge us as a market and make a few gestures toward us, but we owe more to Lauren Faust and the writers, actors, animators and musicians than we do the company. The show could have been crap and Hasbro wouldn't have cared as long as it turned a profit.

They are committed to two things. The first is money from their toy sales. The second is their legacy of having a few good cartoons made, taking their success for granted and ultimately screwing them up.

None of these people truly understand us or what the show means to us, they're on the inside looking out. But the people who actually make the show care a lot more than the ones who license it.

• Brohoof 5

If Hasbro didn't love us they wouldn't have done a couple things for us:

1) Mentioned us in their promo

2) Allowed us to keep all the episodes of MLP: FiM on youtube

3) Made little references to things that kids have no idea about that only we can get (subliminal "adult" humor)

4) Given background characters (that we have latched onto) speaking roles (even if for a brief second) 

Hasbro has done so much for us bronies, so back off their case.  As well if you guys read the Equestria girls wiki, one can see the editor of Kidscreen said "Equestria Girls is a completely separate show that will have no bearing on [/size]My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic." [/size]

So in short I agree with you Varcolac.  We shall coast on this fun ride Hasbro has thrown at us and I will be sippin' on my applejuice all the way home.  ;)

Okay, you seem to be confusing some of the actions of the show writers and animators with Hasbro. The things you listed in 3) and 4) had nothing to do with Hasbro at all. That was the writers who put in those jokes and references and put in the speaking roles of certain characters.

Hasbro doesnt love us. Hasbro is a corporation. If they do domething for the fans, it is probably only to get money from them. :/

• Brohoof 1

People, Hasbro does not love us. A corporation can't love you. They acknowledge us as a market and make a few gestures toward us, but we owe more to Lauren Faust and the writers, actors, animators and musicians than we do the company. The show could have been crap and Hasbro wouldn't have cared as long as it turned a profit.

They are committed to two things. The first is money from their toy sales. The second is their legacy of having a few good cartoons made, taking their success for granted and ultimately screwing them up.

None of these people truly understand us or what the show means to us, they're on the inside looking out. But the people who actually make the show care a lot more than the ones who license it.

Completely agreed right thar mah friend /)

We owe alot more to Lauren and her wonderful team ^_^

Not only for their work but for their amazing reception towards us ^_^

• Brohoof 1

I'm glad someone has finally talked about this. We need to remember the show was not designed for this audience of adults it was designed for "little girls". Personally I think Hasbro has done a great job marketing to both their primary audience and newly secondary audience. They could have chosen to change the show to eliminate bronies when they first started to "appear" but instead they chose to adapt both the show and the merchandise to make it enjoyable for both audiences. 

• Brohoof 1

Not sure about Hasbro as a whole loving us, I mean they gotta love just any old person who buys their products. X)

The crew who works on FiM sure does clearly though, and that's all that matters to me because I love them too. :)

• Brohoof 2

Many many great points made in this post *takes hat off in respect*. A lot of the fanbase could learn a thing or two from reading this original post here. Not that Hasbro "loves" us but they do care for the fandom to an extent I'd say.

• Brohoof 1

Of course Hasbro loves us, we keep making them money, especially since the the whole toy market has been loosing money lately, but ponies are doing quite the opposite.

I love that Hasbro has decided to embrace their unexpected adult fanbase. If it was Disney, the show would have long been axed by now. Granted, they themselves have been doing it in a kinda clumsy fashion (giving existing toy molds a different paint job, see Zecora as an example), but they do have the right idea of giving licenses to 3rd party companies that know the fanbase.

That said, Hasbro still has no idea how to properly cater to the Brony fanbase themselves. For all we know Equestria Girls was conceived after some executives saw all the humanized pony art and cosplay and thought an entire show/toy line of humanized ponies would be a hit among us.

Of course Hasbro cares about the fandom. The more people on board, the better for them.

Fighting is Magic wasn't a case of them trying to anger fans. It was a sound, calculated decision based on what they felt was best for the brand. Too bad for the developers and the fans, but that's why copyright powers exist.

And Equestria Girls? That's a thing. I'll be over here, and it can be over there, doing whatever it does.

You raise a very valid point, OP. I always thought people who said Hasbro hates us were overreacting so that's certainly a big part of it.

I for one am excited Hasbro is having spin-offs made, it's a sign that the show itself is expanding.