Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has this ever happened to anyone?

Dark Fox

Ok just out of curiousity, because this has literally happened to me since grade school, have you ever thought about a scene from an episode of a tv show and then perhaps a few days later it comes on? Lately it's become so odd that anytime I think of a scene from some show I'll try to remember what lead up to said thought.

For example last week I was thinking about that scene from family guy (fuck family guy) where Peter joins the shows equivalent of the NRA and their's that kids cartoon scene with a child and a pistol. 2-3 days later that episode comes on and I don't remember having that thought until that scene comes on.

If I had to guess I'd say this happens roughly once a month if not more often, Like right now I'm thinking of that episode of Spongebob wear they open the bubble blowing stand, if it comes on soon I'm going to flip out.

Tell me I'm not alone, haha.

Yep, happened a few times.

I was at Target and i saw a DVD for Season 5 of King of the Hill.

I thought about the episode where Bobby eats dirt.

Then the next day, THE SAME EPISODE APPEARS at the exact scene i was thinking about the day earlier.

• Brohoof 1

I have had those tleivison deja-vu moments. most of the time for me they seem to be with news stories. Such as I think aboutanarmed robberey at this location and 2 days later an armed robberey at this loaction. It is weird how deja-vu works.

Edited by ThePoliticalBrony

you aint alone my friend. I recently thought of the First MLP FiM episode and going through the various scences in my head. 1 hour later i flip to the hub and BOOM! there's the episode. I'm convinced that major boradcasting networks use satellites to listen in on our thoughts.

That used to happen to me alot when I was younger and watched more TV, but these days its been with music.

Example. Just the other day I had "Hungry like a Wolf" by Duran Duran randomly play in my head for the longest time. Later that day I had the radio on.... and "Hungry like a Wolf" plays.

well i don't have tv so this don't really apply to me in that aspect but the radio is a different story. i often get a song stuck in my head and then an hour or so later ill hear it start to play

you aint alone my friend. I recently thought of the First MLP FiM episode and going through the various scences in my head. 1 hour later i flip to the hub and BOOM! there's the episode. I'm convinced that major boradcasting networks use satellites to listen in on our thoughts.

The worst part is that their is no word for it, and trying to word the search in different ways just gives you listings of tv shows from google. It's pretty strange, the only explanation I could think of was that the idea of the "collective unconscious" is correct and the people airing tv show A spread their brain business to the world haha.

A funny thing happened this year at my states band competition. Me and a bunch of my marching-band friends were sharing a hotel room, so we were just hanging out talking about nostalgia when my friend Robin brings up that Spongebob Hall Monitor episode. No less then 5 minutes later we turn on the TV and that exact episode was already playing, it was already set to the right channel and everything. Anyway we didn't actually watch any of it because we were too busy rolling around and laughing our asses off. It was beautiful!

Edited by TheSteampunkNinja (TSN)

Actually, that happens to me more with music. For example, I had Staying Alive stuck in my head for about two straight days, when out of nowhere, my high school has a week before the annual seventies dance (which I had no idea was coming up, because I never payed attention to the dances and whatnot) where they played disco music during passing periods, including of course, Staying Alive.

(edited)

Hmm, I have not really heard of this before, Actually I want to know more about what is happening. 

-Are you having Deja vu a lot?

-Are you Having Predictions that come true?

-Does this happen A lot?

I would like to know more about this. I have never heard of it!

-No

-Yes

-kinda

It's only with tv shows, literally nothing else, ever...It's not predictions, it's more like feelings or thoughts that happen to correlate with a later event, sometimes I can pinpoin what I was thinking about that lead me to think about said episode and say it was merely a coincedence but the fact that this has occured multiple times is strange.

I mean, you could say I think of episode A, and it comes on later and that's odd, but perhaps I thought about episodes B,C,D and E as well and they don't occur within a certain time range so I forget about them, therefore running the gammut of tv show thoughts will eventually come to one that occurs somewhat recently.

Beyond that, It's strange, regardless...considering it's only with tv shows...I mean, you'd think since I think about music a lot too i'd have the same coincedences regarding the radio...

Edited by Dark Fox

*On youtube, listening to "Vengeance is Mine" by Alice Cooper and Slash*

*Humming the song*

*Check my subscriptions*

*Click video*
*Video has the song in the background*

*WTF*

*Listening to Civil War by Guns N' Roses on iPod*

*Turn off iPod*

*Walk out of my room to take a $#!†*

*My mom is playing music in the kitchen*

*Same fucking song*

*WTF*

Edited by Bloo47

Okay, I have a weird one. You know the show "House". I tried it once when it first came out, and didn't care for it. A couple years later I decided I'd give it a fair chance and watch a few episodes. I turned it on, and IT WAS THE EPISODE I ALREADY SAW! I did end up watching a few episodes more, but still didn't really care for it much.

Oh, here's one on a musical note. A few years ago I was driving along and it was really pouring rain. Suddenly, I drove right out of the rain, and it became very sunny almost like magic! Just as I shut off the wipers, the song "I Can See Clearly " came on the radio (I love my oldies!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jif8cM0Rt0

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

Don't worry, you aren't alone. This has happened to the majority of people for as long as human kind can remember. Carl Jung called it Synchronicity. Others believe it is simply the law of averages and statistics. With synchronicity their is an underlying meaning to all coincidences that we simply aren't aware of. (I'd look it up for a better definition, it's been years since I took psychology.) Whereas the law of averages and statistics would break it down mathematically to suggest that based on the number of times an episode airs on tv (or a song, word, name, etc, but we'll stick with tv for the explanation), the number of channels that air a particular show, and how often you tend to watch the show and calculate the probability of you seeing the same episode of that show on the day you thought about it.

I don't know what I believe, but it certainly can freak you out when it happens. I happen to have it happen all the time. I'll wake up with a song I haven't heard in years stuck in my head and then hear it on the radio, or background music at some store. Think of a scene in an episode of a show and see it only moments later. Think about calling someone only to have them call you first.

It's been happening enough to people that we have psychological and mathematical studies devoted to it, so, no, you aren't alone and have no need to worry. Do feel free, however, to marvel at how awesome life is and how strange these concepts are.

Oh, here's one on a musical note. A few years ago I was driving along and it was really pouring rain. Suddenly, I drove right out of the rain, and it became very sunny almost like magic! Just as I shut off the wipers, the song "I Can See Clearly " came on the radio (I love my oldies!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jif8cM0Rt0

That is awesome! Of course, now that song is stuck in my head! hehehe.

Hmmm... I might need to make this post longer. Do you think I've met the character limit yet?  wink.png

Edited by MoonFeather
  • Brohoof 2

That happens to me with all kinds of weird things. Sometimes with TV, sometimes with music, or sometimes like I'll learn a new word and ironically enough within a day or two I'll hear someone use it, and I'll feel awesome for looking it up Xd.

It is rare for me, but it kinda scared me once. Though it was quite a while back (season 1 was still airing)

I was thinking of Duck Commander where they flooded the loading dock where the trucks came in, and right then I came on.

The thing that was scary was that it was listed that "Face Off" would come on. Though instead Duck Commander.