Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Theme Song

Adente

Hey, is anybody else still sort embarrassed by the theme song of MLP? Every time I watch an episode, I have to skip the theme song. I don't know why, maybe its too similar to what my old conceptions were about Pre-G4 MLP before I started watching Friendship is Magic, maybe its still just to girly for me, I don't know... Anyone else this way?huh.png

• Brohoof 1

The theme song is just such a turn off for me, sounds really girly. I tried to get my friend to watch the show, but as soon he heard the theme song, "lolnope". He has no interest in watching the show any time soon lol, (but I'll make him eventually). ;)

I will say that if I'm alone, I will listen to it, but if others are in hearing range, I mute that thing so fast, my mouse makes a sonic rain boom. I do enjoy the season 2 version, but am still embarrassed by it in public.

• Brohoof 1

Not even.
Everytime it's on...

I'm singing a joyous song for the world to hear!!! I can't sit idly and let a tune flaunt itself without my voice joining in.

Edited by Rainbow Dashey
  • Brohoof 1

I used to dilike the theme song.

I would skip it often.

Now I enjoy it and know the lyrics. And as to if I watch it with others around? Well first off I'm watching MLP so it's kids hard to make the situation look weirder for some.

So ya don't care if others see me watch the theme song.

The theme song doesn't bother me. The first 5 seconds are the same as the original theme. And that's it. That's not enough for me to justify not liking the song. The rest of the song doesn't really sound a thing like the old theme. Except for the fact that the words "My Little Pony" are littered throughout the song, but, uh, duh? That's what you're watching, right? I wouldn't say that it's the best song in the series, but it's definitely not the worst.

I have a bad habit of singing along when the theme song comes on...

I like it, to be honest...

I don't get all the hate for the theme. Every time I hear it, it reminds me of when I first decided to watch, and when I first got involved with the community, so I actually enjoy listening to it. Can't say I sing along to it, but I imagine that if I could whistle, I would whistle it a lot.

I used to be kind of embarrased or annoyed by the theme song, and I used to skip it when I first started watching MLP. But hey, now, I can't watch an episode without going through the theme song! It's just so happy. So happy...blush.png 

I used to mute or skip the theme song when I first got into the show, but eventually I learned to love it laugh.png .  I don't have the hub at my apartment, so I only watch MLP on TV when I visit my family.  Most of the time I watch it on my laptop with my headphones on, so I'm not sure if anyone can hear the theme.  If my roommates can hear it, I guess they don't care.  I definitely don't skip the theme anymore though.    

It's a super-condensed pile of relentlessly cheesy pop - and I love it. I finger-drum along to it every time it comes on.

Does anyone else prefer the S1 version to the S2-current one? It's still good, but there are a few small differences in the latter that irk me slightly.

I Love that shit man. Had a whole platoon marching to the intro song just the other day. One of the only perks of my current job.

You are a hero.

It's strange, at first I kind second guessed myself when I heard it and asked why the hell I was watching it, then I started to like it and hum it in my head wherever I went, and now, I can't listen to it for more than 10 seconds. It just seems so 'girly' now, not that it didn't earlier. I usually just skip past it. Now it seems that with the more recently uploaded youtube videos the theme song is already cut, which I don't mind.

At first I always skipped the theme song (as well as quite a few embarrassing parts of episodes), but it's grown on me. Now I would never skip the theme song while watching an episode; it is very soothing to me. :)

I don't mind the theme but the 1st few seconds in the balloon always turn me off from watching the whole theme song. So in short, yes it does make me skip it. 

• 10 months later...

I've never felt embarrassed when listening to the theme song, never had a problem with the song in the first place. But if you do have a problem with it, that's fine too. :P

I'm kind of mixed with the theme song. When I first got into the show, I felt embarrassed listening to the theme song because it felt like the show reminding me "Hey you, you're watching a show made for 5 year old girls." Also the theme itself is kind of short and not even that catchy. It did grow on me a little but I find the themes for Italy and Japan to be much better theme songs.