movies/tv Anyone a StarWars fan?

PinkieShyFlutterPie

• 5 years later...

Love the original 6 movies and so much of the games! I even like the cheesy cartoon spinoffs. The series has been really important to me for a long time ♡

My favorite movie is Revenge of the Sith, favorite game is Knights of the Old Republic~

• Brohoof 2

Yes. Just as long as you don't drag me into a pointless "the Prequels/Sequels suck" debate. I prefer to enjoy the movies, TV shows, video games for what they are; as a chance to experience the world of Star Wars in different ways. 

Every Fanbase has its dark side.

I enjoy classic Star Wars, and I totally love the designs of the original ships and helmets/outfits.

Then most of that got destroyed, and left were light sabers and sith lords, which are cool as well..... But then they went all crazy with the Force Awakens where heroes just have Jedi powers without training and stuff :confused: Simply not my cup of tea

Been a fan since my dad introduced me to it. Love the original six films and The Clone Wars, but I've heard some really good things about The Mandalorian. I'll probably get to watching that when I have the time.

Edited by Cash_In

I was 6 when I first watched the original trilogy, and I never looked back. I generally enjoy the prequels, and most of what they've done since then has been alright apart from The Last Jedi and the disappointing Resistance animated series. 

The Empire Strikes back is still my favorite of the movies. 

I love Star Wars! 

Besides Solo and Rise of Skywalker. 

Episode 1 and 2 are fun to watch to laugh at. Love the rest of the films. 

I like the Mandalorian and Clone Wars as well. Haven’t finished the last season of clone wars as I only have a passing like for it. Haven’t finished Rebels yet either, similar feels for it as clone wars. 

I really love the old video games like Kotor I And II and republic commando. Really interested in getting that new Star Wars fighter game

I live for Star Wars. It’s my greatest interest of all and has been since I was very young. I’ve been immersed in every aspect of the fandom from the beginning and that’s never going to change. Even my love of MLP is dwarfed by my love of Star Wars. My favorite movie is Return of the Jedi, Yoda is my favorite character, my lightsaber blade is blue and I love Jar Jar. I am Star Wars!

• Hugs 1

• 3 years later...
On 2024-06-11 at 9:06 AM, Steve Piranha said:

Gee, anyone surprised why The Ascolyte failed miserably :scoots:?

Not surprised in the least. I know only enough about it to avoid it completely. I won't dirty my eyeballs on such garbage. 

• Brohoof 1
  • Delighted Giggle 1
  • Hugs 1

4 minutes ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Not surprised in the least. I know only enough about it to avoid it completely. I won't dirty my eyeballs on such garbage. 

I'm not gonna watch it, Dreamy. :D

• Brohoof 1
  • Delighted Giggle 1

(edited)
On 2024-06-14 at 5:59 AM, Dreambiscuit said:

I won't dirty my eyeballs on such garbage.

Hey, that's not fair… to garbage. Last I checked, The Acolyte can't even be composted/recycled into something good.

Edited by Castle Bleck
  • Delighted Giggle 1
  • smile 1

1 hour ago, Castle Bleck said:

Hey, that's not fair… to garbage. Last I checked, The Acolyte can't even be composted/recycled into something good.

ASCOlyte. If the show is shit, might as well make a pun with ”asco”, Spanish for disgust >_>

• smile 1

I like Star Wars

I like some of the characters BB8, D0, Grogu, Porgs, Boba Fett, Mando/Din and Stormtroopers and do like some veichles like Tie Fighter, X-Wing and Millennium Falcon and weapons like lightsabers and Blaster Sound in the  franchise.

I enjoyed some moives, and series like Andor and of course The Mandalorian. I do expect Boba Fett, to have his own movie or series and he got series, some people are not happy about how character become but I feel it alright, what do people expect/want this character to be.

Star Wars The Phatom Menace was one of the best games I played and it was on Playstation 1, third game (First we bought and paid, other two comes with Playstation). Other Star Wars game I played was on PC.

• Brohoof 1

Back in the day we had huge space and ground battles, cool space wizard fights, and memes. There were WARS in STAR WARS. Now we have DEI.

I guess I would be considered a fan. I’ve watched all the movies, seen all of The Mandalorian, Clone Wars, Boba Fett and Obi-Wan TV shows. Much like with G4 vs G5 I just don’t really have much interest in the debate about OT vs Prequels vs Sequels.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Castle Bleck said:

Who else misses Mara Jade and Ben Skywalker; Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin Solo; Kyle Katarn; etc.?

ME!!!

We lost these great charcters for a bunch of crappy ones.

CDN media

• Brohoof 2

On 2024-06-22 at 3:52 PM, Iforgotmybrain said:

I guess I would be considered a fan. I’ve watched all the movies, seen all of The Mandalorian, Clone Wars, Boba Fett and Obi-Wan TV shows. Much like with G4 vs G5 I just don’t really have much interest in the debate about OT vs Prequels vs Sequels.

Then you're just like me. Star Wars ultimately was created with young adults/children in mind and I feel like lots of modern debate, especially the criticism forgets that. Also way too often it's just a blind hate inspired by channels like Star Wars Theory that even openly admit they spread negative mood around as it provides them with more views. Shows like Andor are an anomaly as overall, adult Star Wars content is and always was rare and mostly coming from fans, not George Lucas himself. 

I watched almost all Star Wars content myself. I am not too big on sequels as they have some faults like inconsistent writing that I just cannot move past (and it's especially clear with episode IX, where the plot is just incredibly rushed and retcons way too much of ep VIII. From recent creations I enjoyed The Bad Batch a lot (however I am not big on how the story ended, I think Filoni played it far too safe, refusing to let go of any of major characters, likely to keep using them in the future - a fault I noticed in his writing a lot), I am BIG fan of Andor, Ahsoka show was also quite good thanks to appearance of Ezra Bridger and Grand Admiral Thrawn, both being exceptional in live action. 

Now I watch The Acolyte and I have to say I enjoy the show a lot as it gives some Knights of The Old Republic vibes with how it dives into the grey area, refusing to show Jedi as "always good" with their political motivations and [story spoiler]

Spoiler

Sol's severe lack of judgement when he encountered Osha, which ultimately led to entire coven's demise and both sisters living a lie for upcoming years, one ending up as The Acolyte of a Sith Lord and another failing to achieve her dream of being a jedi due to severe emotional struggles she has to face now

Overall, while Disney still has a lot to learn as to how to handle Star Wars (even The Acolyte I believe would work much better as a movie, not TV series), I think they slowly begin to learn and I think there is some good content to come in upcoming years :)

• Brohoof 1