Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Song of the Month

King

just a little Idea I had.

Feel free to shoot it down though of course :P

Perhaps at the begining of each month, the song with most listens/downloads from the previous month could be featured somehow, like perhaps on the front page or something?

It could even be top 5 or 10 tracks of the month...

(Perhaps even subsequently the tracks from each month could be put together as a playlist/compilation at the end of each year)

It would be a nice way to show off the best of the best to any newcomers and raise support for the artists who made them.

• Brohoof 1

Ooooh, I like the possibilities here!  <3

I'd especially love to see if there were a way to help promising-unknowns -- like have a couple tracks spotlighted each month/week/etc. where the requirement, other than being good, would be that the artist be relatively unknown.

...Maybe even have spotlights for genres, or genre groups?

It might also be neat to have spotlighted tracks (per genre or genre group?) based on number of plays and/or downloads for the...

...Day

...Week

...Month

...Year

...All Time

(If we get a rating system or systems in place, this might be neat for this too -- both for number of user-voted Sparkles... and also for our critic/admin -voted Sparkles ("Stars") as well... :)

I realize it's quite a challenge, but... I'd love to make sure we help the unknown, promising artists, (even if they're too shy to submit a song to be spotlighted on their own,) as well as the established ones.

(My feeling is that in sharing our labours of love and passion for free, knowing that others care about what we've poured our hearts and spirits into, that keeps us going, motivates us to do more, keeps us wanting to produce for the community we care about, and in so many ways matters far more than any amount of money ever could.)

• Brohoof 1

Ooooh, I like the possibilities here!  <3

I'd especially love to see if there were a way to help promising-unknowns -- like have a couple tracks spotlighted each month/week/etc. where the requirement, other than being good, would be that the artist be relatively unknown.

...Maybe even have spotlights for genres, or genre groups?

It might also be neat to have spotlighted tracks (per genre or genre group?) based on number of plays and/or downloads for the...

...Day

...Week

...Month

...Year

...All Time

(If we get a rating system or systems in place, this might be neat for this too -- both for number of user-voted Sparkles... and also for our critic/admin -voted Sparkles ("Stars") as well... smile.png

I realize it's quite a challenge, but... I'd love to make sure we help the unknown, promising artists, (even if they're too shy to submit a song to be spotlighted on their own,) as well as the established ones.

(My feeling is that in sharing our labours of love and passion for free, knowing that others care about what we've poured our hearts and spirits into, that keeps us going, motivates us to do more, keeps us wanting to produce for the community we care about, and in so many ways matters far more than any amount of money ever could.)

These are good ideas - I've made mention of the weekly and monthly charts before. On the other hand, I'd say that we should keep the number of charts to a minimum, unless we decide to create a section of the website devoted to statistics like that.

These are good ideas - I've made mention of the weekly and monthly charts before. On the other hand, I'd say that we should keep the number of charts to a minimum, unless we decide to create a section of the website devoted to statistics like that.

https://pony.fm/statistics ?

There's plenty of room on this page to add all kinds of statistical aggregations. This would be the perfect place to add such charts.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

This would help boost the popularity of some artists and help more unknown artists out by showing off their best work.

While it may seem simple, it could work out very nicely in my opinion.

Plus it would be nice if at the end of each year they make a compilation of the best tracks of that year.

For example...

Best of 2013

Best of 2014

and so on...

That also may seem simple, but Id think some people would enjoy that smile.png

Perhaps it could turn into an official Pony FM Album collection, where the best of the best are released in an Album that people can download (for Free or profit I have no idea)

Sorta like the Balloon Party Album when that came out

Edited by ~Dawn♥Rider~