Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has an Anti brony ever gotten violent?

100 beasts kaidou

Hello!

Personally, I've never encountered this, probably because I'm careful about my "Liking for Ponies". I think i've heard of similar events happening to some people, but i don't have any real examples...

I believe you can take the early 4chan days where people were banned for posting anything pony related, so i guess that kind of relates to your question "Did someone get banned from forums for being a brony?"

• Brohoof 1

No. No, it hasn't happened, and it never will.

Avoiding the obvious psychological issues one would have for beating someone simply because they like a television show and skipping right to the part where most haters are keyboard warriors, no. Most haters have never met a brony before.

• Brohoof 3

Unfortunately I have gotten in a few fights for being a brony, none of which I initiated. It was always by a group of swagfags who believed Bronies were dirty pedophile scum or gay or something alone those lines.
That stupid stereotype is really starting to be annoying .

• Brohoof 11

I've never personally encountered it, the only haters I've seen are A. Just annoyances B.Only online. Or C. One guy who actually had a decent reason. (He didn't hate the show or the fans, just the way it was constantly promoted and advertised towards him.) It may help that I'm rather intimidating in size. (6'6, 300lb) 

Yes I am sure it has happened before in the brony documentary this one guy talked about how these hillbillies threatened to shoot him over it. It hasn't really happened to me or anyone I know personally though, anyone who foolish enough to try that with me is going to get two knuckle sandwiches with extra pain, hold the mercy.

• Brohoof 1

There was that one guy from the Brony Documentary who was supposedly harassed for being a brony by beating his car with a baseball bat, and then threatening him with a gun to take his pony crap  out of their town xD

Other than that, I can't think of anything

There was that one guy from the Brony Documentary who was supposedly harassed for being a brony by beating his car with a baseball bat, and then threatening him with a gun to take his pony crap  out of their town xD

I feel so sorry for people in America who has to put up with rubbish like this :/

from the UK and have never had any issues, most people actually seem to like it once i tell them why i do and show them a bit. But i don't over advertise it anyways, to me it's a show i like (and now a comic lol).

That guy lived fairly close to me. We're a bit of the way out of the mountains, but there are still people like that in my hometown. Thankfully I didn't discover ponies until college; High School would have been an absolutely horrible place to be a public brony here. Here in college, nobody cares. In High School... Well, does it need saying? My hometown is one of the most judgmental places in the States. 

I've gotten kicked from a Gmod server for my Celestia Spray. Does that count?

Edited by Flareon
  • Brohoof 1

The most I have seen is violently stupid. Basically so stupid that it makes ME want to punch THEM, but is has mainly been online so that might be a futile effort.

There was a person online that hardcore insulted me for loving MLP AND for being autistic. That was.....interesting. Apparently he hated the fact that I am a Brony so decided to aim for something a bit deeper. Meh, whatever.

• Brohoof 2

All I've ever seen thus far are just people who just use words to spread their hate all over the internet...

I was unfortunate enough to witness violent talks among haters in the chatroom of another dorum I go to...

They were spouting so much hate I literally had to leave the chatroom :(

It makes me really sad to see that these people just like to hate :(

It makes it even worse when the hate turns into talks of violence :(

Edited by ~Wuvable Woona~

The only for of anti bronies that I have seen are on the Internet.

But to be honest they don't bother me.

I have never gotten angry over a stupid comment against us.

I just use something what's called the fogging technique. It's basically where you respond to something, but you don't leave any ground for a counter attack.

Ex. (maybe not best, but you get it, by the way keeping it PG-13 for obvious reasons that they go one forever)

Anti-brony: You bronies keep clogging up the Internet with you pony shit

Me: Well I admit some of us do over advertise the show

See I don't give a negative or any huge response and I don't give them footing to continue the pointless argument.

(not my best example, but you kinda get it. It works for me, but I may not work for you. Depends on how you are accustomed to dealing with arguments).

I haven't gotten into any fights or had an encounter with an anti-brony face to face.

If a fight did happen I know how to defend myself (obviously not professional defens, just the basics, and sometimes that's all you need).

• Brohoof 1

I mean as In beated up a brony just for being a brony? or even in other ways as in a brony getting fired from his job or getting banned from a forums just for being a brony? If so please give me examples

Dude, seriously, stop acting like bronies are constantly being oppressed. We are a fanbase that enjoy a cartoon show, and people will not get fired from their jobs for enjoying something, and even if it does happen they can go for a serious lawsuit... And the ''beating up a brony'', it's not something new or unheard of, it's called bullying. Ignorant kids and teenagers will be assholes and bullies to people they don't understand. I doubt a fully grown up and matured adult would go out of their way to harm someone for enjoying a television show.

• Brohoof 1

Dude, seriously, stop acting like bronies are constantly being oppressed. We are a fanbase that enjoy a cartoon show, and people will not get fired from their jobs for enjoying something, and even if it does happen they can go for a serious lawsuit...

To be fair most random people hearing about bronies for the first time would think it was highly unusual at the very least... We'd probably have a lot more stories of violence or other abuse if every brony went around wearing MLP clothing and proclaiming their love of the show at every opportunity. It's not usually something highly visible, like one's race.

Still, I agree... sometimes people take the fandom too seriously, treating it like an entire lifestyle choice or an ethnoreligious identity... with very serious "coming out" stories...

: )

To be fair most random people hearing about bronies for the first time would think it was highly unusual at the very least... We'd probably have a lot more stories of violence or other abuse if every brony went around wearing MLP clothing and proclaiming their love of the show at every opportunity. It's not usually something highly visible, like one's race.

Still, I agree... sometimes people take the fandom too seriously, treating it like an entire lifestyle choice or an ethnoreligious identity... with very serious "coming out" stories...

: )

actually I agree people take it too seriously. infact I have alot of other fandoms such as one piece wwe ed edd n eddy spongebob mr moseby etc... however because some people take it too seriously Including the hater some haters who have issues might do stuff more than just troll the bronies

About a month ago I got jumped by four football players behind my school. Lets just say it wasn't quite of a fair fight. I was found a few hours later and when I didn't show up for any of my claases. I ended up getting 9 stitches in my chin and 14 on the top of my head, a broken nose, a broken hand and two black eyes. The four football players got kicked off the team and suspended for a month. I was excused from school for a week to recover from the injuries. But I am all better now so that's good. It's still hard to believe that it all happened over something I liked and they didn't.

I dunno I've never witnessed anyone doing such a thing, but then again I don't know any bronies around here, and I don't personally tell anyone about my being a brony, so I guess theres no way for such a thing to happen very commonly around here.

That said apparently according to others here its happended, which is really quite sad, I already don't like fights, but fights over liking a TV show? Seriously :/.

Thankfully most of the brony haters are just online people who would never pick an actual fight.

The only violent thing I heard was in that Brony documentary where a bunch of anti-bronies basically ruined a brony's car because he had a sticker of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna on the back, then they pointed a gun at him so he couldn't do anything.

Now that has to be taking to way to far and I hope those people get punished for it, I would of reported them to the police for assault because that short moment was such a pathetic excuse to ruin another person's property and to threaten him with a gun made it worse.

I'm super lucky I haven't met anyone like that, although there has been a few times where anti-bronies go ape sh*t on the internet thinking their the top of the chain and try to make me feel bad because I'm a brony. But honestly it makes me laugh to read comments like that.

You know I've heard more stories about bronies going violent than antibronies going violent and that is so ironic it makes me kind of giggle. That being said, it would not surprise me at all if you had more conservative, oldtimey parents who try to beat the bronydom out of kids because I've heard stories about nerds getting beat up by their parents who want them to be more normal. Besides, ponies are a pretty big jump. For a graphical representation of the psychological shock that may happen with an old timey parent, please view the following:

I'm pretty sure it has, it's inevitable. There's always going to be some unintelligable intolerant cunt that can't handle someone's opinion. People aren't afraid to get psychical over a parking space, how is anything else gonna stop them from kicking someone's ass.

And it hasn't happened to me personally, but if it does, I'll likely be the one to initiate it.

The most I have seen is violently stupid. Basically so stupid that it makes ME want to punch THEM, but is has mainly been online so that might be a futile effort.

There was a person online that hardcore insulted me for loving MLP AND for being autistic. That was.....interesting. Apparently he hated the fact that I am a Brony so decided to aim for something a bit deeper. Meh, whatever.

I swear, half the insults online are that bronies are autistic. Kinda gets irritating after a while. Though being an Aspie it's kind of entertaining how they think that it has any correlation to do with that. Silly trolls. They must be running out of insults :P

You know, while I agree that some people acting like Bronies are super oppressed is a little silly, I also think that some people are glossing over the fact that Bronies do get a lot of flak, mostly from the Internet. Most of the people I know don't mind that I'm a Brony, which is cool.

Anyone who pretends like we aren't constantly trolled and talked down to by others is being silly, just as people who act like we're the most oppressed fandom are silly. I find merits to both arguments, but I think there is a middle ground to be recognized: people don't understand why males of all ages and adult females are really into a show that was made for little girls, and their reactions can range from not caring to finding it weird, and from joining in the pony craze to reacting harshly to it. It's just the way it is.

Besides, the topic isn't about whether Bronies are super oppressed, it's just an innocent question about whether anyone has actually gotten violent over people liking ponies, and there have obviously been a few incidents, from what a few posters here have said to that Brony documentary story.