Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever gotten into any physical fights for being a brony?

Onylex

I bring this topic up because earlier within my week I was hanging out with one of my best brony friends at a gas stop and at the time, we were both wearing MLP related T-shirts. While we were just sitting there talking amongst are selfs and minding our own business, some random brony hater came out of nowhere and said a smug comment that I would rather not repeat. 

My friend then got very upset, and said something back which I also would rather not repeat. After that, things quickly escalated and he almost fought the guy. Thankfully, I was able to persuaded my friend that what he said was stupid and isn't worth getting in a fight over.

e31.jpg

So, my question to you guys is have you ever gotten into any physical fights for being a brony or, have almost gotten into one such as this?

Nope. No fights whatsoever. Plenty of verbal abuse though. I never decided to fight anyone because it's best to just ignore the hater's dumb comments and the fact I never fought anyone in my life, so I would just end up being beaten to a bloody mess.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I have when I was younger ( Not becuase I'm a Brony )

A boy Was pissing me off for a few days and I flipped, chased him around the classroom, and then slammed his head into a sink

( Its normally the shy ones people never expect to Fight )

I don't like to fight and I  normally would back down or just take it

I know this is about fights for being a brony but I didn't read the full Topic name and got straight to typing  :muffins:

Edited by Nye1254
  • Brohoof 1

No, can't say I have.  Although I don't exactly advertise the fact that I'm a brony either.  It's not that I'm ashamed or anything, I just don't find the need to advertise my personal interests to everyone in public.  I'm also a metal-head and the way I dress (polo, jeans, and bostonian shoes) would be very misleading about that as well.

And if someone tries to pick a fight because of the brony thing, its just as bad as picking a fight with a "nerd" or "geek".  Its the same concepts to another group of people.

• Brohoof 1

Ah, the joys of being a post-graduation brony.

You won't have to worry about that kind of thing once you're out of school. Look forward to it.

• Brohoof 4

Not really...not twice have I ever fought, or even dared to lay a hand on anyone except this one boy who thought he would get away with his mouth. I had many close and personal encounters...but never really fought anyone. Most likely verbally, though.

• Brohoof 1

Closest I ever got to a fight is a guy would knock down a shove aside the figurines I would put in front of my PS3 at college. So yeah, not being in school with a bunch of [redacted] helps a lot. As Rockymoo said, it's something to look forward to.

• Brohoof 1

Nope, never have. Not for being a Pegasister, anyway. I've gotten some exasperated looks and a lot of mean, under the breath laughs, (especially for my Pinkie Pie screensaver and my Vinyl Scratch wallpaper), but nothing more than that.

I have gotten into a physical fight once, when I was a little girl, at church. Some kid was making fun of my long hair and pulled on it, so I turned around and shoved him pretty hard. It escalated into a brawl within seconds, and then two deacons stepped in and pulled us apart.

I won, though. 

• Brohoof 2

Considering I only really stopped being a closet brony when I graduated, no, I didn't even get into any verbal arguments, forget physical ones.

However, I have been in physical fights about other things, just not about being a brony.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah I was in a fight.  A pretty horrible one. I was listening to some MLP music on my phone and these guys saw the tittle, it was Tubby Wubby Pony Waify, and they started picking on me and mostly calling me a "homosexual", I told them 91% of the bronies say they are heterosexual, but they were pretty ignorant on that fact. Then one day after I went to the store to grab some fruits, and these guys cought me in an "ambush". Those were just some old-school hooligans, most probably homophobic. There was three of them. First I wasn't paying atention I just tried to walk by and then they called me by my name, so I answered. I don't want to say what they told me, and I just told them it's just a f*cking TV show. Then I was cornered, the classic bully strategy, so I just gave the left one a punch in the kidney and ran away. :)

Edited by BronysaurusSRB
  • Brohoof 4

I once got into a fight, he then became one of my friends lol.

He just realized who I really was, not an autist guy who can't defend himself.

But I've never got into a fight because I'm a brony.

I guess people are more tolerant where I live. (And alot of people know actually)

• Brohoof 1

No, I have been in a few fight but never for being a brony. A lot of the time it was because I'm a homosexual and truth be told I never fight back. I do something crazy and they leave me alone or I talk to them. Most of the time I just say this "Sure you want to fight me dude? I mean come on now if some homo beat you up?! man that would look bad on you..." I don't think that way but a lot of guys do....

• Brohoof 2

Never got into a fight after becoming a Brony

Now before hand I was pretty dumb and my priorities in life were all out of wack. Fighting is a last resort only idiots and barbarians have to resort too. However, there was one time someone was going to fight me for little reason, I just put my hands behind my back and said, "Go ahead, only one of us our going to look like the asshole here."

There's almost no circumstance that throwing the first punch now days is viable.

• Brohoof 1

So you basically left him go away, without even try to teach him any lesson at all. So If it happens that someone else get hurt by this hater guy, that wouldn't bother you, I suppose.

I don't like to pick up fights, but I have to. I feel the need to change someone's nasty behavior, by using pain If it's needed, in order to save a most probably innocent person from this harmful behavior.

I don't waste that pain inside my chest with pitiful insults. I just keep in silence while I walk closer and closer, and then suddenly there is just a crushed person lying in front of me. Then I try to exchange some words, while his ego is totally gone, so they can understand my point of view.

Sometimes the "fear" is a requirement to so contain the hate inside of the problematic person, by this way make them able of achieve knowledge from it.

Without fear, this pain usually turns into hate, and most probably end up against someone inocent. And most probably will end up generating another chain of hate.

So you need to destroy his ego, which has been fed by a harsh life through this society, making him unable to understand the pain itself. Without understanding of pain, he wouldn't notice how much he can hurt others, so basically he won't care about others' pain.

I'm the "chaotic good" kind of person.  No matter what, I won't let an inocent to suffer.

The right way isn't always the most acceptable under the ethical perspective generated by the same double-edged society. Sometimes the same rules also become restrictions that end up being barriers to stop a true change, in a world that isn't only black and white.

If you rather choose to close your eyes, then I'm sorry for you.

Apologies for my english, it isn't my first language.

• Brohoof 1

Wow, I really feel sorry for some of you guys. My entire facebook is decked out brony-style and all I ever get is awkward acceptance or slight disbelief. I have yet to get in a brawl over a show I watch.

Edited by CamRad18
  • Brohoof 2

I've never even had a bad comment sent my way, I'm sorry that some of you have such trouble :(. I tend to think I don't just because I look like I could squash someone with a flick of a finger but who knows?

• Brohoof 1

I have been in fights for just about reason you could possibly think of except for being a brony, I used to one hell of a nasty temper which lead to me feeding some poor fools their teeth but these days I know that unless they attack first it is just not worth it. The worst I have gotten for being a brony so far have been a few stares and WTF reactions but those just make me laugh because the be completely honest with all of you I would probably have the same reaction if I didn't know about the fandom and I saw a 6 foot tall 350 pound 27 year old man walking down the street wearing a pony shirt.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 1

You see when it comes to fight or flight I'm always picking the latter. I can tell when someone wants to fight or is prone to fighting and when I see the signs I'm getting the **** out ,I'm not about that life(did I say that right). So no I've never gotten into a fight for being a brony or anything else and I hope that never changes.

• Brohoof 1

A long time ago, at daycare (I was maybe 10 at the time) and I got into a argument with some asshole (I don't even remember what is was about) and he tackled me to the ground and put his arm on my neck, choking me. I took my free hand and punched him in the jaw. Even though my life was possibly in danger, I still got in trouble for it, but whatever.

• Brohoof 2

Well... I got robbed and shot in the leg for being a brony (Does it count?  ^_^). I was wearing a brony T-shirt and going back home after an event that I went, near my house this guy saw me and robbed me, then he saw my t-shirt and thought I was gay, yelled at me for some time, got my wallet and my phone and shot me in the leg... And man, that hurts... :(

• Brohoof 3

• 3 weeks later...

No, but a few kids sitting next to be in a classroom found out i liked my little pony and then started teasing me for it whenever they saw me they called me alien, retard and that teasing almost led to a physical fight three times. 

they found out i like ponies, teased me for it and other things and kept teasing me but not about ponies and that led to three almost fights.

• Brohoof 1

I had absolutely no encounters with brony haters in real life. I guess it's just one of the perks of being a closet brony.

Though I am a bit troubled by some of yall's methods of dealing with those that insult you.

• Brohoof 1