Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your thoughts on love/relationships?

Gone Airbourne

Love is something I know a lot about theoretically, but very little in terms of experience. I have minemal experience with love, but a lot of experience being unloved, so that counts for something I suppose.

Yet, despite this, for some reason I get the impression that I'm like one of the 1% of people who experience heartbreak but don't give up on the idea of love. 

Edited by Admiral Regulus

I... don't believe in them in anymore. 

*cringes from the cheesiness*

No but, you can never really know someone. And if love can fade or die, was it ever real to begin with?  

love may be more about interest than anything else. And people too often say "love" without knowing what it is. They say it because they feel obliged to say it, love would have to be somewhat selfless, wouldn't it? I never knew anyone who loved selflessly. 

No but, you can never really know someone. And if love can fade or die, was it ever real to begin with? 

Yes.

If you have a sandcastle that is washed away by the incoming tide, was it ever real to begin with? Of course it was! We accept that nothing lasts forever, but what I don't get is this pervasive notion that so many people have... thinking that love is like some kind of exception to this.

Everything has a beginning and an end, and that includes love. If it ended, then you know it had to be real, because you can so clearly define its existence. Something had to be there in order for that something to fade, if you get what I'm saying.

Well I do feel a little lonely from time to time since girls in my school tend to prefer hanging out with "the popular boys" and I do feel a bit depressed from getting rejected 7 times and counting, but I try to not let it get too much on my nerves since I know love/relationship is not the only thing I should be caring about.

Well, all that rejections and mistreatment from girls have toughened me up and it's their loss anyways. -shrug-

Some of you might say I'm applying sour grape defense mechanism or that I'm just pretending not to care. But the fact is, I do care and I do want a relationship, I just simply don't want to get too depressed over not having one.

Edited by Solid Scorpion

I've had one true relationship in my life and it was the best thing that happened to me before becoming a brony.

I believe love isn't just wonderful, it's empowering. When you love someone and share that love equally, you do things for one another you never previously thought you were capable of. You're happy in the truest sense, not joyfully smiling all the time, but the true peacefulness of happiness.

I did things for my girlfriend just because I was thinking about her. I truly felt like the knight in shining armor to her. Her protector, her champion, and her comfort. Just as much, she returned these feelings by being my greatest consul, muse, and friend.

It saddens me often I have not felt the same connection with someone in years and I eagerly await when such a woman deems me worthy of her affection.

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)
Love can be the best feeling in the world when loved back as well

Yep or it can be a leech sucking the happiness/joy out of you. Don't want to be with someone who does that to you. But your right if your lucky enough to be in a relationship like that it can work out great.

I think that feeling love is very important for everyone.

Certainly is and you want the right kind of love not the wrong kind. 

Edited by Gone Airbourne
  • Brohoof 1

I'll say this: I believe everyone deserves to be loved, and to love someone. I also believe that the special somepony is out there for everyone, but you have to find them. Finding that special somepony won't be easy, and it might take a while (results may vary), but I promise you that you will find them.

I know I may sound crazy, but this is coming from someone who's found that one special somepony. I've found my special somepony, the one I can't live without. Just never give up hope, never stop praying, and you will find your special somepony, the one that is perfect for you, and the one you couldn't imagine living without.

I can't even begin to tell you how hard I want to believe this. I used to very romantically minded. I dreamed of finding love, travelling the world together and eventually having a family of my own.

But the years are going by fast and with every one that passes I feel my dreams slip further and further away.

Some people are just meant to be alone, no matter how long and hard they try to change it.

• Brohoof 1

To be honest, I feel conflicted when it comes to love. Yes, it's wonderful to have somebody who would always stick by you. Yet at the same time, I've always been the kind of person who excels when alone. I guess since I've never had much experience on relationships, I usually don't get the appeal of people wanting a relationship, as well as the infamous friendzoning.

Even if I'm a complete dork when it comes to love, I still respect others if they're looking for somebody to love. It's never been my cup of tea.

Almost 30, never had a date, miserably lonely, watched friends/sibling get married, have families, still alone, want love more than anything, dream about it constantly, want...ugh...believe... fairy tale love, truth hurt, pain, depression, cynicism...make...angry, want die...HULK SMASH.

Yup.  Pretty standard stuff, really.

• Brohoof 2

Being honest...I think love/relationships can be a wonderful thing...But I also think people put way too much importance on it. 

Treating them like a necessity. Like you NEED them. Like you're a failure without, or that they are the most important thing ever. I understand how badly some people want that kind of romantic love, that's all good. But people place too much of their own value on it. Not having love or a relationship doesn't make you less than people who do have it. Rushing into it blindly or repeatedly trying to force it, and panicking when it doesn't work won't help anything.

I'll also say, that I don't think romance is more important than other relationships. At all. I'd say friendship is just as important, even more so in some cases. Friendship is part of romance, you need to be friends with your significant other right? Romance is just another type of friendship, it shouldn't automatically be more important.

I'm a bit...bitter towards relationships sometimes since they kinda scare me. Not so much for myself but for others. I don't really care too much about having a real-life romance. I'm not interested. Maybe that will change, maybe it won't. But I'm worried people I consider my friends will get into romantic relationships, and forget about me. Since so many view romance as the "Most important" kind of relationship, and it scares me, since I don't want to lose all my friends to it...

• Brohoof 3

i was never really a romantic in hs because i used to be fat and guys never would consider looking at me cause well i was a fat goth nerd and thats not considered sexy but overtime someone looked at me and decided i was beautiful but not really worthy of a full commitment and the breakup was devastating but lead to another and much better relationship. i think it depends on you the person yourself of whether to wait for love to come to you or to go and obtain it yourself. Love and relationships should be taken seriously though because its not about just your feelings alone its about another person as well. I make sure to know this while in my relationship and it tends to be harder for guys to realize this than for girls. I'm the type of girl that loves to shower her man with love but all love must be a give and take for 50/50 in order for it to work. it can't be an all give and an all take sort of thing. I found that the best relationship starts with a true friend first and a getting to know you sort of deal before dating someone because by doing this you know the person you are dating and feel much more comfortable around them. If i had started dating my current bf before being their friend it would not have worked out so i made him wait even though he wanted to be with me badly i just wanted to know him more and to be his friend before becoming his best friend and over time partner. It also helps when your into the same things too :)

I think love is a great feeling when you have someone that loves you back and cares about you so much. :) I don't think my life would be as good if I didn't have Wolfie around :)

Still, I don't think you need a relationship in order to be happy.

Love is tricky because most relationships, you don't actually feel love.

It is difficult to find and never an easy task.

You always have to be careful, not to be blinded by what can seem like love but isn't.

A Poem I tried making about it(not my best poem though but it is something):

It isn't for the light hearted, nor is it for the heavy hearted

You have to love yourself, before you can love someone else.

Some jump into it too early, some jump into it too late.

If you aren't completely honest then, it will bite you in the ass later on in life,

when they tear you down like glass in a fight

Being fat can make it harder, being normal is still hard, but easier.

Drinks can exchange hands, but it is still ever harder.

Sex can flow like uncle Sam but you could still be, never closer.

I'm thirteen and would love to be in a relationship someday when I'm older. My sister think all the mlp shipping I'm getting into are strange but she's younger than me. She'll go through this stage too I'm sure. I guess I'd try and find someone but not be too hasty.

I can't really say how it would feel to have someone in my life, because truth be told, I find the idea of searching for love to be a massive waste of time, as I feel that love is a fictional concept that only works in stories, movies, songs and RPs, but can never be attained in real life -- it's just lust that slowly wears off over time.

But then again, that's the only thing I've seen and run into, so I guess I never will know what love is....

Im 15 years old, I dont really care much for being in a serius relationship right now. I have never really been in one either, One of my best friends (Also 15 years old) has been in a relationship for 2 years now and they seem to really love eatch other for who they are, I think thats buitlfull :wub:

To be honest, I feel conflicted when it comes to love. Yes, it's wonderful to have somebody who would always stick by you. Yet at the same time, I've always been the kind of person who excels when alone. I guess since I've never had much experience on relationships, I usually don't get the appeal of people wanting a relationship, as well as the infamous friendzoning.

Even if I'm a complete dork when it comes to love, I still respect others if they're looking for somebody to love. It's never been my cup of tea.

The funny thing is that I used to think like that. I thought people were nuts, and I was always like... "lol yeah, whatever, you're crazy." And not to discredit that or anything, but...

That all changed.

I've had one true relationship in my life and it was the best thing that happened to me before becoming a brony.

I believe love isn't just wonderful, it's empowering. When you love someone and share that love equally, you do things for one another you never previously thought you were capable of. You're happy in the truest sense, not joyfully smiling all the time, but the true peacefulness of happiness.

I did things for my girlfriend just because I was thinking about her. I truly felt like the knight in shining armor to her. Her protector, her champion, and her comfort. Just as much, she returned these feelings by being my greatest consul, muse, and friend.

It saddens me often I have not felt the same connection with someone in years and I eagerly await when such a woman deems me worthy of her affection.

Until I went through that type of experience. Love is something you will not *ever* understand without experiencing. I could sit here and talk about love all day, but the fact of the matter is that anyone who hasn't experienced it is going to think I'm completely insane.

• Brohoof 2

Until I went through that type of experience. Love is something you will not *ever* understand without experiencing. I could sit here and talk about love all day, but the fact of the matter is that anyone who hasn't experienced it is going to think I'm completely insane.

Amen to that. Cadence and Shining Armor have the right idea, but people even seem to buy the magic of friendship much easier than they do the power of love.