Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Press Your Luck! (RP)

Undyne

@@Umbreon

Only second floor. It's only the second floor. Thank Celestia. Still, the elevator was quite small. Too small. She tried to convince herself it was safe. She didn't manage to do it though. She still didn't know how she could make it seven days in Las Haygas. Especially if everyday was like this. But then, it could have been worse. What if Percuss never helped her? She never would have gotten the courage to go alone.

@

Once the elevator had reached their floor, Percussive trotted out with Para, heading straight to her room first. He then handed her card key. "OK. This is your room. My room is five doors down. If you just need anything, you can come ask me, OK?", he calmly said. "I'll see you later.", he said, walking out of the distance, and heading down towards the lobby to ask about the room problem... To be honest, he would've loved the top floor... And he wants to change that. He walked out into the lobby.

@@,  

Eve sucked her hayshake dry, then sat it down on the table, and looked out the window. It was already kinda dark out. "Well, it's getting late," Eve said. "I should probably check that my room is in order and everything," she seemed flustered, almost eager to get away, but not in a malevolent way, or in a way that implied she didn't care for the colt she stood with. She stood up and swung her satchel back up across her shoulder, and turned as if to walk to the elevators.

He realized that it was quite late. And the mood in the room was starting to change, the energy shifting somehow - more ponies were coming down from their rooms, and as the noise increased, so did the primal layer of emotion beneath everything. He was itching to try his hoof at some of the poker tables, but dashing off like that would be rude. Still, it wouldn't be a bad idea to go upstairs and wash up before finding something to eat. The hayshake had been delicious, but barely filling. "It is kinda late. Here, we're on the same floor, aren't we? Let's walk up together."

Cliff paid their bill, and added a generous tip as an afterthought, then trotted out with her into the lobby. The elevator doors opened, and several others ponies hurried forward. There were rows of gleaming buttons highlighting the numerous floors, but thankfully, they were only on the second.

One quick elevator trip later, and Cliff bumped Eve playfully with his wing. "I'll see you around, hey? And don't stay in your room the whole time, babe, this is Las Haygus!"

They took off in opposite directions, and Cliff opened the door to his room. A quick bath, and then something to eat. He was absolutely starved.

@@Umbreon,

"Okay." She opened the door with the card key and quickly closed it behind her. She then walked over to he bed and hid under the covers. It would take a long time getting used to this. If she would ever get used to it. She started to cry. Why had she ever even come to this place? 

(edited)

@@Umbreon,

((For best awkwardness value, I think Eve's and Percuss's rooms should be right next to each other.))

@,  

Eve looked back at Cliff as he trotted off the other way down the hall. He had gotten dirt on his wing there. She smirked. She wasn't sure of what she thought of being called "babe," but she had no real intentions of getting out more than she had to.

She entered her room and closed the door behind her. The spacious room had a large, comfortable-looking white bed smack in the middle of it, a large television, and a full bathroom. The meagre belongings she had brought sat in a small closet inside the door. 

She trotted over to the large bed, and tested it with one hoof. Very soft, very comfortable. Her bed at home was practically just a cot compared to this monster. When she took her hoof away she noticed a large muddy hoofprint remained on the soft white fabric. She cursed at herself, and decided she ought to take a bath, if just to save the employees the trouble of removing an entire garden from her sheets the next day. She trotted into the bathroom, delicately placed the Star Rose on the counter, and started the bath. It was that moment, with a grumble of her stomach, that she realized just how hungry she really was, but she really ought to clean up first anyway, since the bath was already going. She hopped into the tub and eased back into it, basking in the warm water and the silence of her total solitude.

Edited by Glaceon

After Percussive had tried to clear his room problem, he walked back to his appointed room, a bit disappointed. Now coming back, he could see that dirt was covering the floor, leading to the room next to his... No...

...She's in the room next to me. How fun.

He walked in, amazed by the decor in his room, and checked it out a bit. "Nice place... This is coo--"

Did he hear... running water? It was coming from the door closest to him. That's when he realized...

OUR ROOMS ARE CONNECTED TOO?! FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

((I made it more awkward, @Glaceon.)) 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

After Percussive had tried to clear his room problem, he walked back to his appointed room, a bit disappointed. Now coming back, he could see that dirt was covering the floor, leading to the room next to his... No...

...She's in the room next to me. How fun.

He walked in, amazed by the decor in his room, and checked it out a bit. "Nice place... This is coo--"

Did he hear... running water? It was coming from the door closest to him. That's when he realized...

OUR ROOMS ARE CONNECTED TOO?! FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

((I made it more awkward, @Glaceon.)) 

((Maximum awkward achieved.))

Eve opened her eyes from where she floated in the water. The dirt in her coat and mane seemed to have soaked out for the most part, and the water had acquired a muddy tint. She let it flow down the drain, then hopped out of the water and dried herself off. Her soap was homemade, and smelled like the fresh garden herbs she worked with; mostly rose and lavender, but there were a couple other, less distinct scents thrown in there somewhere. Her coat had gained the comely pale gold shade it always was when clean, rather than the sickly yellow of an aged apple. It did retain just a few persistent streaks of soil, but most of it was gone. Her mane was once again a rich forest green, although it remained rather clumpy, and the lime streak remained obscured. It would take a few more hours' work if she wished to look her best, but she was not overly worried. Her appearance was good enough for now. Besides, it wasn't like she was going to see anypony again tonight.

She took two towels, wrapping herself in one and her mane in the second, and took to exploring the rest of her room. One door was just another closet. It was actually already full of dresses, but none of them really seemed to Eve's tastes. The window provided a good view of the street below, if she decided to go pony-watching. But there was a third door that perplexed her, right near the entrance. She opened it, merely to find a second door that was locked from the other side. Her room was adjoined with somepony elses? She wondered briefly who it could be as she stood there, contemplating it.

Edited by Glaceon
  • Brohoof 1

"I guess tomorrow is a new day, maybe it will bring me some luck." a smile on his began to appear.  He headed for the elevators to head back up to his room to call it a night. He waited for the elevator to reach his floor, when the doors open he walked to his door opened the door and jumped on his bed and passed out in a few minutes.

((Maximum awkward achieved.))

Eve opened her eyes from where she floated in the water. The dirt in her coat and mane seemed to have soaked out for the most part, and the water had acquired a muddy tint. She let it flow down the drain, then hopped out of the water and dried herself off. Her soap was homemade, and smelled like the fresh garden herbs she worked with; mostly rose and lavender, but there were a couple other, less distinct scents thrown in there somewhere. Her coat had gained the comely pale gold shade it always was when clean, rather than the sickly yellow of an aged apple, and her mane was once again a rich forest green, although it remained rather clumpy, and the lime streak remained obscured. It would take a few more hours' work if she wished to look her best, but she was not overly worried. Her appearance was good enough for now. Besides, it wasn't like she was going to see anypony again tonight.

She took two towels, wrapping herself in one and her mane in the second, and took to exploring the rest of her room. One door was just another closet. It was actually already full of dresses, but none of them really seemed to Eve's tastes. The window provided a good view of the street below, if she decided to go pony-watching. But there was a third door that perplexed her, right near the entrance. She opened it, merely to find a second door that was locked from the other side. Her room was adjoined with somepony elses? She wondered briefly who it could be as she stood there, contemplating it.

OK, OK, calm down... Let's think this out. Your ex is here with you, in Las Haygas, in the same hotel, and is staying close to you in the room next to yours. There's no sort of pent up feelings that she might have towards you. And on her side, there must not be an inkling of the previous problem. Now, the safest way wold just be to try your best to avoid her at all costs--

He heard a click from the other side. She must have found out about the rooms. Does she even know that Percussive was behind it? Well... Might as well begin digging my grave... She might even bring some poisonous plants for my tombstone. 

He slowly walked up to the door, and with a exhale, he unlocked it, slowly opening the door. He never expected her to be in towels, so he tried his best not to make eye contact at all..

"Hi... Evergreen...", he said quite awkwardly...

OK, OK, calm down... Let's think this out. Your ex is here with you, in Las Haygas, in the same hotel, and is staying close to you in the room next to yours. There's no sort of pent up feelings that she might have towards you. And on her side, there must not be an inkling of the previous problem. Now, the safest way wold just be to try your best to avoid her at all costs--

He heard a click from the other side. She must have found out about the rooms. Does she even know that Percussive was behind it? Well... Might as well begin digging my grave... She might even bring some poisonous plants for my tombstone. 

He slowly walked up to the door, and with a exhale, he unlocked it, slowly opening the door. He never expected her to be in towels, so he tried his best not to make eye contact at all..

"Hi... Evergreen...", he said quite awkwardly...

Evidently she had not been aware who stood on the other side of the door, because the moment she saw Percussive there she panicked, and positively seized her half of the two-sided door and slammed it shut, right in his face. 

She turned her back on the door with a quiet squeal of horror, that he should see her like this. That he should be in the room directly next to hers. It had to be a cruel joke. It had to be! 

A single tear ran down Eve's face, but she brushed it away, and shook herself, before opening the door back by a smidgimeter, and peeking through the gap. "Hello," her quivering voice said.

Ocean's expression went from calm and relaxed to tense and annoyed as more and more ponies trotted into the bar.

After a few minutes of constant noise, she had had enough. She picked up her book, dropped a few bits on the table and walked out of the bar towards the elevators.

She pushed the button for the eighth floor and the elevator began to move.

After a moment the bell ringed and the doors opened, Ocean walked out and down the hall towards her room...muttering stuff about how she should have just stayed in her room.

She unlocked her door and trotted in. She dropped the book on her bed then walked over to her suitcase.

She rummaged around and pulled out a deep blue bubbling liquid. She drank half the bottle and grimaced before placing it back into her bag.

She walked into the bathroom and ran the tub.

When the tub was filled she closed the door and climbed in. He body almost seemed to fade into the water...almost as if it had become transparent, but she took no notice. She just closed her eyes and let out a relaxed sigh.

A few minutes later she was climbing out of the tub and drying herself off...which was rather difficult as water just kept coming off her body.

After another few minutes there were three soaked towels hanging in the bathroom and Ocean was climbing into bed.

Evidently she had not been aware who stood on the other side of the door, because the moment she saw Percussive there she panicked, and positively seized her half of the two-sided door and slammed it shut, right in his face. 

She turned her back on the door with a quiet squeal of horror, that he should see her like this. That he should be in the room directly next to hers. It had to be a cruel joke. It had to be! 

A single tear ran down Eve's face, but she brushed it away, and shook herself, before opening the door back by a smidgimeter, and peeking through the gap. "Hello," her quivering voice said.

Percussive got extremely lucky not getting his muzzle shut right in his face, as he jumped back from Eve slamming the door. That only made him sigh.

Yep... Right on the dot. She hates me. 

He could hear her door open up the tiniest bit, hearing her voice. Oh, how he missed hearing that small, weak but firm voice of hers... 

"Uh.. Crazy situation... we've been put in... Right?", he asked, trying to out up a full-hearted smile, which was clouded up by a wave of nervousness.

Percussive got extremely lucky not getting his muzzle shut right in his face, as he jumped back from Eve slamming the door. That only made him sigh.

Yep... Right on the dot. She hates me. 

He could hear her door open up the tiniest bit, hearing her voice. Oh, how he missed hearing that small, weak but firm voice of hers... 

"Uh.. Crazy situation... we've been put in... Right?", he asked, trying to out up a full-hearted smile, which was clouded up by a wave of nervousness.

"...Yeah... Yeah... Crazy..." She laughed nervously, not moving the door an inch. She could just see the colt who had broken her heart through the crack. It had been long enough ago for the wounds to partially heal, but they were still there... 

"But what... Why are you here?" She didn't really try to hide the sound of the displeasure in her voice.

"...Yeah... Yeah... Crazy..." She laughed nervously, not moving the door an inch. She could just see the colt who had broken her heart through the crack. It had been long enough ago for the wounds to partially heal, but they were still there... 

"But what... Why are you here?" She didn't really try to hide the sound of the displeasure in her voice.

If she's here for the same reason... *gulp* 

"I, uh... I won this sweepstakes... And now I get... to stay here for a week.", Percussive said, returning her nervous laughter with his own. 

Why was I placed on the 2nd floor? The 9th floor was the best form of death if I "fell" out of the building. Or maybe... UGH! I didn't mean to, I didn't mean to! Why was I so stupid?! If I had just never met Cloud Puff...

If she's here for the same reason... *gulp* 

"I, uh... I won this sweepstakes... And now I get... to stay here for a week.", Percussive said, returning her nervous laughter with his own. 

Why was I placed on the 2nd floor? The 9th floor was the best form of death if I "fell" out of the building. Or maybe... UGH! I didn't mean to, I didn't mean to! Why was I so stupid?! If I had just never met Cloud Puff...

The eye visible through the door narrowed. "Isn't that a funny coincidence." Her quiet voice seemed almost uncharacteristically cold. "Well, I guess I have the pleasure of having you as a neighbor for a week. Oh, it's like a dream come true." Her voice had acquired a sarcastic, dangerously sweet tone that did not suit her. She didn't actually know why she was doing this to him. Maybe as a dated retribution to what happened in her garden? Either way, her point was made. 

The eye visible through the door narrowed. "Isn't that a funny coincidence." Her quiet voice seemed almost uncharacteristically cold. "Well, I guess I have the pleasure of having you as a neighbor for a week. Oh, it's like a dream come true." Her voice had acquired a sarcastic, dangerously sweet tone that did not suit her. She didn't actually know why she was doing this to him. Maybe as a dated retribution to what happened in her garden? Either way, her point was made.

That was a good blow to him... It was time that Percussive had taken action, and try to colt up.... Just like how he did at the party..

"Look, Evergreen... I'm sorry. About breaking up with you... About having "those moments" with Cloud in the maze... Just... If it'll make you feel any better, she dumped me. And I took it harshly...", he explained, with, surprisingly, a bit of a depressed tone to his words.

That was a good blow to him... It was time that Percussive had taken action, and try to colt up.... Just like how he did at the party..

"Look, Evergreen... I'm sorry. About breaking up with you... About having "those moments" with Cloud in the maze... Just... If it'll make you feel any better, she dumped me. And I took it harshly...", he explained, with, surprisingly, a bit of a depressed tone to his words.

Eve's visible eye softened for a split second, but returned to its old, narrowed state so quickly it was almost as if she had displayed no moment of weakness at all. "I'm not surprised," she said cruelly, then seemed to decide that she had gone too far. "I'm sorry to hear it didn't work out." She said nothing about forgiving him, but she actually sounded like herself for a moment there.

• Brohoof 1

Eve's visible eye softened for a split second, but returned to its old, narrowed state so quickly it was almost as if she had displayed no moment of weakness at all. "I'm not surprised," she said cruelly, then seemed to decide that she had gone too far. "I'm sorry to hear it didn't work out." She said nothing about forgiving him, but she actually sounded like herself for a moment there.

That first comment marked another blow for him. Percussive sighed, looking at the small speck of Eve's eye in the doorway.

"Listen... I want to make up for that. I mean..." He sighed again. "Could you please open the door more so we can talk? Just to catch up? If I upset you in the slightest bit, I'll ask again if I can get my room on the top floor, and you will never have to worry about me in this trip ever again. OK?", he tried to compensate.

That first comment marked another blow for him. Percussive sighed, looking at the small speck of Eve's eye in the doorway.

"Listen... I want to make up for that. I mean..." He sighed again. "Could you please open the door more so we can talk? Just to catch up? If I upset you in the slightest bit, I'll ask again if I can get my room on the top floor, and you will never have to worry about me in this trip ever again. OK?", he tried to compensate.

Eve's eye glared at him through the door for a single moment longer before an exasperated sigh was heard, and Eve grudgingly said, "Fine." The door opened, and there Eve stood, still feeling extremely vulnerable and exposed in her towels. Her eyes remained narrowed with distaste, but contradicting them was the rest of her face, which bespoke a sincere, penetrating sadness.

The Star Rose, although a room away, still reflected her mood, as it always did, and it was visible from where Percussive stood in the door; it had closed its petals entirely to the world. The flower had closed, and was hiding, almost frightened-looking.

Eve's eye glared at him through the door for a single moment longer before an exasperated sigh was heard, and Eve grudgingly said, "Fine." The door opened, and there Eve stood, still feeling extremely vulnerable and exposed in her towels. Her eyes remained narrowed with distaste, but contradicting them was the rest of her face, which bespoke a sincere, penetrating sadness.

The Star Rose, although a room away, still reflected her mood, as it always did, and it was visible from where Percussive stood in the door; it had closed its petals entirely to the world. The flower had closed, and was hiding, almost frightened-looking.

Once she had opened the door, Percussive looked a bit surprised at her. Eve hasn't looked, well... clean, since the party. And the Star Rose she had, although shut, looked amazing along with her. 

"Uh... I, uh...", he started, trying not to upset her anymore with some snarky comment. "You actually.. look a lot more... pleasant than the last time we've met..."

@@Umbreon

((This isn't even her final form...))

She blinked slowly at him, not sure whether to take offense or not. Deciding it was meant as a compliment, she dipped her head. "Thanks. I wouldn't have bothered, but I don't want the staff to hate me by turning the bed into a garden." Evidently, the statement coupled with Percussive's presence brought back memories, and her countenance darkened slightly. 

@@Umbreon

((This isn't even her final form...))

She blinked slowly at him, not sure whether to take offense or not. Deciding it was meant as a compliment, she dipped her head. "Thanks. I wouldn't have bothered, but I don't want the staff to hate me by turning the bed into a garden." Evidently, the statement coupled with Percussive's presence brought back memories, and her countenance darkened slightly. 

Percussive couldn't help but give out a laugh to that. "Yeah, and I didn't bring any of my percussion equipment with me. I don't want the staff to kick me out or anything just because I would want a small jam session. Plus, I think it would bother you a bit...", he said, finally starting to loosen up a little.

@@Umbreon,

She forced a smile. "Maybe a bit," she agreed. She tugged at the towel that remained in her mane, still appearing rather uncomfortable with the situation. "I... um... well..." She sighed, and gave Percussive a blank look. "Just tell me, Cuss. What is it you want?" Her soft voice had lost its irritation, and was merely heavy now.

@@Umbreon,

She forced a smile. "Maybe a bit," she agreed. She tugged at the towel that remained in her mane, still appearing rather uncomfortable with the situation. "I... um... well..." She sighed, and gave Percussive a blank look. "Just tell me, Cuss. What is it you want?" Her soft voice had lost its irritation, and was merely heavy now.

Percussive's calm expression remained the same, yet his insides looked a bit shocked. He wasn't expecting such a response like that...

"Well... I wanted to catch up. You know, since it HAS been a long while since we've talked and all.", he said, still trying to keep the calm tones in.

((K, I gotta sleep, so last post.))

Percussive's calm expression remained the same, yet his insides looked a bit shocked. He wasn't expecting such a response like that...

"Well... I wanted to catch up. You know, since it HAS been a long while since we've talked and all.", he said, still trying to keep the calm tones in.

((K, I gotta sleep, so last post.))

Where it sat in the corner, the Star Rose seemed to visibly wilt, as intuned to Eve's emotions as it was. Eve, however, seemed impassive, as though she had expected nothing else in answer. 

"Well, that's true," she conceded. 

She couldn't understand why she felt the way she did. This was the pony that had shattered her heart, and nearly destroyed her life's work. Why, oh Celestia why, did she still care for him?!?

None of this internal conflict showed on her face as she looked at Percussive. The Star Rose had now wilted to the point it had lost a great deal of the beauty it had arrived with; indeed, the shiny ruby that made the rose seemed to have actually dulled with Eve's emotions. 

"Can we talk tomorrow?" she asked. "I still have things I need to attend to..." She gestured at the towels she wore wordlessly, hoping, almost praying he would leave her alone for now.  She needed to be alone.