Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Press Your Luck! (RP)

Undyne

(OOC finally back, all i got to suggest, SOMEPONY DO A HANGOVER PARODY WITH ME!!!)

@PinkieShyFlutterPie

Dox couldn't sleep. He laid in bed, staring at the painted celeing. He had flipped through the channels on the tv, but nothing good was on. He felt like he wanted to talk to a certain somepony, but, the trouble was, he didn't know what room she was in. He could call the front desk, but he didn't want to seem like a creeper. And so, there he lay in bed.

• Brohoof 1

@@Count Paradox,

MillyMusic woke up to find the tv on "Ugh i think sleep hates me.." Milly said to herself. Milly tried to go back to sleep but could, so she got up brushed her mane and went out of her hotel room to find something to do, Milly walked around the hotel but didn't find anything to do when she remembered Dox told her his room number if she wanted to talk...but she didn't want to go...she didn't want to be weird and buggy and wake him up wile hes sleeping! 

Dox walked around the room, looking at little things. The minibar was packed full of booze. Not that he would drink and, he just wanted to know what was in there. He got tired of looking around and decided to call room service for a large order of hay fries. Maybe a full stomach would help him sleep. He ordered and waited.

((Well...everyone else is awake soooo...))

Ocean sat up after a few minutes of tossing. She knew that tonight was going to be one of those nights where she didn't get any sleep.

She groaned and reached down into her bag. She pulled out a random book and opened it up to a random page...then she put it down on the desk. "Already read that one." She muttered, reaching back into her bag and pulling out another book which she opened up and began to read.

After a little wile more of walking around the hotel Milly decided to go back to her hotel room, Milly walked over to the elevators and went up to her floor she again thought about seeing Dox but decided not too. She almost got to her room when she saw a waiter bringing food to somepony "Wow guess somepony wanted a late night snack" Milly said to her self then she saw that the pony was bringing it to Dox's room "Hes up!" Milly said starting to walk to his door...she was still thinking about knocking but she knocked anyways. Milly wondered if she should just leave but she stayed.  

@@Count Paradox

Aquaris woke up again still not being able to get a good sleep so he went down to the first floor. "Maybe I should see if there is is a game table for just playing...and no gambling" Aquaris said as he arrived on the first floor. "Maybe I should just pull an all nighteror see how long I can go before I pass out" Aquaris said as he walked twords the exit to the hotel.

Dox was just about to start eating when he heard a knock at the door. 'Well, now, who could that be?' He wondered. He got up and walked over to the door, opening it to reveal Milly on the other side. "Oh! Uh, hi there, Milly. Did you need something? Or want to talk?"

(OOC last post till morning.)

Milly was just about to leave when the door opened "Oh uh hi...sorry i don't mean to bug you...i can leave if you want!" Milly said awkwardly and hoping he wouldn't make her go "I uh...just wanted to talk...because i didn't know what else to do...i can't sleep. Seems like you can't either huh?" 

@@Count Paradox,

((I could do the Hangover parody with you @Count Paradox))

Aquaris headed outside as saw all the bright lights of Las Haygus. "Wonder what there is to do in the town at night..." Aquaris said as he walked down the street. "Heck maybe I should see if they are even doing that fake volcano thing tonight

((Also is it ok if i mention something that was in the real Las Vegas like the fake volcano))

@@PinkieShyFlutterPie,

"No, no, it's ok, come in come in! I was just about to eat something!" He moved over to the side so she could get in the room. He was secretly very happy that he had her to talk to now.

@,

(OOC: that would be epic. I think Witch Doctor was wanting to do that, too. Maybe we can get one more person...)

Where it sat in the corner, the Star Rose seemed to visibly wilt, as intuned to Eve's emotions as it was. Eve, however, seemed impassive, as though she had expected nothing else in answer. 

"Well, that's true," she conceded. 

She couldn't understand why she felt the way she did. This was the pony that had shattered her heart, and nearly destroyed her life's work. Why, oh Celestia why, did she still care for him?!?

None of this internal conflict showed on her face as she looked at Percussive. The Star Rose had now wilted to the point it had lost a great deal of the beauty it had arrived with; indeed, the shiny ruby that made the rose seemed to have actually dulled with Eve's emotions. 

"Can we talk tomorrow?" she asked. "I still have things I need to attend to..." She gestured at the towels she wore wordlessly, hoping, almost praying he would leave her alone for now.  She needed to be alone.

He could just notice... the Star Rose was wilting. Badly. This got Percussive to be a bit scared. 

Crap... If the Rose is wilting... God dang it, this is not working out as I thought it would...

"Sure. From what I've heard, we're supposed to have a tour of the Hoofer Dam tomorrow, so that would a great place to chat.", he said, smiling. "I'll talk to you tomorrow. Good night...", he nodded, shutting his door. 

Ocean finished the first six chapters of the book and looked at the clock. "Okay, I have to try to get some sleep now." She muttered, closing her book, turning off the light and laying down in her bed. She tossed and turned for a few minutes but eventually she was faaast asleep.

((I will be gone until about ten o-clock to about three thirtyish. Try not to shoot ahead without me, I mean...you can a bit but just not too too much, I wanna have Ocean at the Hoofer Dam and be all grumpy))

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

He could just notice... the Star Rose was wilting. Badly. This got Percussive to be a bit scared.

Crap... If the Rose is wilting... God dang it, this is not working out as I thought it would...

"Sure. From what I've heard, we're supposed to have a tour of the Hoofer Dam tomorrow, so that would a great place to chat.", he said, smiling. "I'll talk to you tomorrow. Good night...", he nodded, shutting his door.

((This turned out a lot darker than even I could have expected it to be. But I love writing stuff like this, and it shows just how bad Eve's gotten lately.))

"Good night..." Eve echoed softly, closing her door gently. She turned and walked blankly to the bathroom, where she stood, staring at her reflection in the mirror, which reflected her look of shock.

You heard him, Evey, said the cruel voice in the back of her head. He wouldn't have you again anyway. Why would he want to? Just look at yourself. It had adopted a tone of disgust.

Absently, she raised one hoof and placed it on her cheek, upon one of the more persistent streaks of dirt that had refused to come out. And the barrier she had been guarding so carefully all night had been breached; the silent tears began to fall rapidly down the mare's beautiful face. She let her towels fall away, and merely cried more heavily, in complete silence, when she saw her mane, still clumpy and dull, and her form, too tall and awkward-looking.

It's why he left you in the first place, isn't it? said the cruel voice. There are thousands of better mares than you. Why would he ever come back?

She fumbled through her tears in her satchel bag, until she found a sharp razor blade she used for slicing plants. She rinsed it under the sink for a moment before lifting it with one hoof, placing the blade against the wrist of the other.

Do it. the cruel voice commanded.

But she couldn't do it. Not this time. Not again. She dropped the blade onto the counter and fled, sobbing ever silently, onto her bed.

So weak... said the cruel voice. No wonder anypony ever wants anything to do with you.

With a very audible wail, she buried herself in her sheets, tears flooding out, trying to escape her own thoughts. Needless to say, she slept very poorly that night, tossing and turning from fragments of tormented dreams...

Edited by Glaceon
  • Brohoof 2

((This turned out a lot darker than even I could have expected it to be. And I love writing stuff like this.))

"Good night..." Eve echoed softly, closing her door gently. She turned and walked blankly to the bathroom, where she stood, staring at her reflection in the mirror, which reflected her look of shock.

You heard him, Evey, said the cruel voice in the back of her head. He wouldn't have you again anyway. Why would he want to? Just look at yourself.

Absently, she raised one hoof and placed it on her cheek, upon one of the more persistent streaks of dirt that had refused to come out. And the barrier had been breached; the silent tears began to fall rapidly down the mare's beautiful face. She let her towels fall away, and merely cried more heavily, in complete silence, when she saw her mane, still clumpy and dull, and her form, too tall and awkward-looking.

It's why he left you in the first place, said the cruel voice. Why would he ever come back?

She fumbled through her tears in her satchel bag, until she found a sharp razor blade she used for slicing plants. She rinsed it under the sink for a moment before lifting it with one hoof, placing the blade against the wrist of the other.

Do it. the cruel voice commanded.

But she couldn't do it. Not this time. Not again. She dropped the blade onto the counter and fled, sobbing ever silently, onto her bed.

So weak... said the cruel voice. No wonder everypony wants naught to do with you.

With a very audible wail, she buried herself in her sheets, tears flooding out, trying to escape her own thoughts. Needless to say, she slept very poorly that night, tossing and turning from fragments of tormented dreams...

Percussive had sighed, walking back and laying on his bed. You are the biggest bucking idiot on the face of Equestria. You had a chance to make a life with her, and instead, you get off with another mare in a maze with crazy plants. You break her heart, break Cloud Puff's heart, and you're ending up living a whole life of shame. Out of everypony in this world, YOU were the one that had to make the dumb-flank decision and buck yourself twenty times over... 

I gotta do something. I want to-- He stopped his thoughts, hearing somepony wail inside the hotel... He recognized that wail... Eve... She was crying. His first instinct was getting up and running to the door, until he realized that he couldn't.. She was in pain... Emotionally... He stomped his hoof into the carpet, shaking his head, moving back to the bed. 

Percussive felt so helpless... Eve was probably in there, crying her eyes out that he brought all of this pain to her... He punched his pillow, laying his head down onto it, trying to sleep his anger away before softly saying to himself...:

"...I just wanna be with her again... Because I... still... love her...."

• Brohoof 1

Aquaris thought for a second and thought it was a good idea to wait till tomorrow to do anything so he headed back up to his room. "I can wait till tomorrow to do something besides it's a bad idea to be out at night in this city" Aquaris said to himself as he entered hi room.

It was late.

The evening had blurred in his mind. Snapshots remained, fading already under the crushing weight of alcohol. He remembered dancing with an extremely pretty mare, the two of them pressed close beneath flashing purple strobe lights. He remembered the seething, burning adrenaline which scorched through him when he gambled at the poker tables, trying to keep a poker face. How much had he lost? Cliff laughed under his breath, husky and thick, and realized he had a grand total of seventeen bits in his wallet. Lovely.

It took him three attempts to unlock his room door, and stumbled inside with a muffled curse. “Buck,” He mumbled, and flopped into bed. The cool sheets felt great against his hot neck.

((K, guys! Starting up the next day! Follow the announcements that you receive in this post!))

Percussive awoke to hearing some announcement over the hotel's intercom...

Attention, all sweepstakes winners. You will be receiving a tour of the Hoofer Dam today. The trolley will be awaiting outside until 10:30 AM It is now 8:25 AM.

So I was right... It is a tour... So.. what now? I.. I need to eat... Just to get my mind off of that wail...

Percussive went downstairs in the elevator, down to the breakfast hall, grabbing two omelets and a cup of orange juice to enjoy his breakfast. 

Ocean groaned and sat up. "I should have just stayed home." She said to herself, glaring up at the small speaker on the ceiling of her room. She climbed out of her bed (which was rather damp) and walked into the bathroom.
She brushed her teeth and put her mane up.

Then she walked over to the wardrobe and opened one of the drawers. She pulled out a coin purse and a couple books. She put them into her saddlebag then made her way down the hall and into the elevators, pushing the ground floor button when she arrived.

(edited)

Eve flinched as the announcement sounded loud in her ears. Groaning, she pulled herself out of bed and almost dragged herself over to the sink, where she gazed into her own bloodshot eyes. She had slept horribly, horribly, horribly. Her mane was still the rich, clean forest green, but it was unkempt and clumpy from tossing and turning. There was still one or two smears of stubborn dirt on her pelt, as well.

She looked down at her left hoof, and was pleased to see the faint white scars there were still aged. She had been strong last night. She patted the spot with a small amount of makeup the hotel had provided to hide it, then picked up her satchel and trotted out the door, and down a single floor into the lobby. She needed some coffee if she hoped to stay awake for the tour.

Edited by Glaceon

Aquaris heard the anounment and got out of his bed. "A tour...cool" Aquaria said as he entered his bathroom and saw his messed up mane. "Probably should clean myself up before I leave my room" Aquaris said as he brushe his mane so it didn't look messy and left his hotel room and went down to get breakfast.

Vaas jumped to the sound of the voice coming over the intercom. "You mean i have to get up..." he said to himself, dragging himself to the shower. "I'm not a morning person." he groaned, he finished showering, got dressed, bushed his teeth, grabbed his stuff, and headed to the cafe for some food before the tour started.

@@Umbreon,@,

Eve looked tiredly around the lobby as she moved to grab her coffee.She noted that Percussive was already seated, and was careful to sit with her back to him. She didn't want to think at all at the moment, let alone think about him. She ended up spotting that blue mare from yesterday in the cafe exiting the elevator. She gestured at the empty seat across from her, inviting the mare to sit. She seemed infinitely more approachable than any of the other ponies she had never seen before, mostly because she had seen the mare before.

• Brohoof 1

@@Glaceon,

Ocean was about to go to the cafe to grab something to eat...until she noticed the mare from earlier waving at her to come and sit down.

Usually Ocean would have rolled her eyes and reluctantly sat down...but right now she felt happy to have somepony to talk too...so she walked over and sat down across from the mare. "Hello." She said, placing her saddlebag on the ground next to her.

@,

"Hello," Eve said, quietly yet amicably. She took a drink draft of the coffee she had claimed for herself, and her tired eyes were apparent when she had set it back down.  "I saw you in the cafe yesterday, and thought..." Her thought was interrupted by a yawn, before she continued, "and thought we ought to get to know each other. I'm Evergreen. But most ponies call me Eve." She extended a mostly clean hoof, as if hoping to shake.

• Brohoof 1

A sledgehammer socked him between the eyes when he woke up.

Not literally, but the headache he received when he cracked his eyes open was enough to make anypony whimper. He dragged himself out of bed, tumbling to the floor, still entangled in sheets. Every inch of him stank of sweat, perfume, and smoke. The athletic pony staggered upright, swaying against the wall and rubbing a hoof into his eyes.

A shower. Yes. No. Maybe. Yes. A shower. And then breakfast. 

The cold water helped a little, clearing his head, but he was so thirsty it almost didn’t matter. Cliff combed his wet mane out of his hair with a hoof and then shook his wings violently, spattering water all over the bathroom he shared with another pony. Who cared. There was something going crazy in his head with symbols, and he hadn’t even turned on the light yet. Thank Celestia the curtains were still closed, otherwise the bright morning daylight might have been unbearable.

Cliff dragged himself downstairs to the complimentary breakfast, where a few other ponies were already up and about. Several of them gave him wry glances, and he ignored them all, choosing instead to sit in the darkest corner and clasp a mug of tea. He probably looked like hay, and didn’t particularly care.

• Brohoof 1