Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you still watch the show if there was no fandom?

Sir.Flutter Hooves

If there hadn't been a fandom, it probably would have been harder to get me to watch it. I love cartoons, but the perception of past generations probably would have turned me away before I would have given the show a chance had I not heard others talking about how good it was. I'm not sure if I would have ever accidentally stumbled upon the show... If the fandom was to suddenly disappear, I would still watch it though. 

• Brohoof 2

If you think of it, even if the fandom didn't exist, it would still exist. What I mean by that, is if the fandom didn't exists, I know that there would be Bronies, and Pegasisters that would eventually create the fandom once more. So in a way the fandom would always exist. 

I think I would, but I don't know if I would have gotten up early to watch the episodes. I could have slept in and caught them later on YouTube, but during seasons 2 and 3 I got up early to watch the episodes so I could discuss them with other Bronies.

However, I started watching the show in October 2011, around the time the show first started airing. This was before there was much of a fandom at all, and I watched because I was a fan of the G1 series and wanted to see it for nostalgia's sake.

I was pretty skeptical, since I had been excited when I heard about G3 since I really liked ponies as a kid. And then I was disappointed by the girly-ness and just lack of... good story? So I was cautious about G4, not wanting to get my hopes up as I assumed it was going to be just another G3. Glad that I was wrong, but I started watching without the fandom, and probably still would. I don't know if I'd have bought the toys and DVDs though.

I might actually enjoy the show MORE without the fandom... There have just been some people that have really soured the show for me, because I met them because of ponies and really trusted them and then they hurt me badly... so now every time I do anything pony related, I think of them and I just think that I will never fully enjoy the show, because it used to only hold good memories and now there's a whole lot of bad for me, because of fans.

Absolutely!  I love how the show makes me feel!

And with all the stress and strife in daily life, something that makes me feel good and brings hope is sooooo important to me! <3

Highly unlikely.  The only reason that I learned that MLP was being rebooted was because of a thread about it being started on another forum.  It's highly possible that I wouldn't even know that the show had ever been rebooted if there wasn't a fandom for it, an if I did hear about its reboot somehow, I would write it off as crap (in fact, that's pretty much what I did when I saw that thread appear a couple of years ago).

Now let's say that for some reason, I did end up seeing the show anyways (ie. I'm babysitting and Little Girl X wants to watch it).  I don't really know what I would do then...  On one hand, I would be afraid of the social rejection, but on the other, I'm pretty good at keeping secrets, so no one would have to know.  It would be a lot harder to keep up with though, since episodes wouldn't be uploaded to Youtube (as quickly at least), it would be difficult to keep updated on when new seasons started, there would be no livestreams so I would probably miss all of the new episodes, etc.  So, in that case, it might just become a show that I put on whenever I happened to notice it on while flipping through channels, but I wouldn't actively follow it.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, most likely, I'd make my own characters still, but I'd have nowhere to share them, so I usually just do cool stuff with OC's in my mind,

Also, I didn't even know that there was a fandom until I've watched the whole first season.

• 1 year later...

Hello and bro hoof to all!

Inspired by the Equestria Daily post: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/04/discussion-if-fandom-didnt-exist-would.html

Would you still enjoy My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic if there was no fandom to go along with the great show? If there was no fanfiction, no fanart, not fanmusic img-1362394-1-ohmy.png ! Would you still watch the show?

I would. I don't need other people to like what I like. It's not up to them, it's up to me (but I still love the fandom!img-1362394-2-laugh.png )

Tell me in the comments below!

/)

...I started watching the show. All that other stuff is just icing on the cake.

probably not, but only cause i probably wouldn't have any idea that the show existed.

the fandom got me into the show. my first exposure to the show was fan art on a furry board and the complaints by a few furries about all the pony art, and the other furries and bronies defending the show. that's what made me aware of the show and made me curious enough to watch it.

now if something else happened that made me curious enough to watch, then. yes, i would keep watching.

probably not, but only cause i probably wouldn't have any idea that the show existed.

the fandom got me into the show. my first exposure to the show was fan art on a furry board and the complaints by a few furries about all the pony art, and the other furries and bronies defending the show. that's what made me aware of the show and made me curious enough to watch it.

now if something else happened that made me curious enough to watch, then. yes, i would keep watching.

Sure, even if the fandom died tomorrow I would still actively watch MLP. When I first joined back in about mid 2013 I at first watched the show without even really being in the actual fandom, sure, by that time I knew that it did in fact have a fairly massive following, it's just that I was never part of any community and didn't actually get to know anyone in the fandom for about a month or so until I found mlp forums and started socializing through Skype. right around then is when I feel that I truly started to fall in love with the fandom itself.  

I certainly would. I didn't even know there was a fandom for this show when I first became a brony, which I first heard about in a Scooby Doo review. If anything, the fandom helps tide me over until the next season (2015 can't get here quick enough). But the fandom also adds to the fun of being a brony. Who doesn't love seeing the various ideas that this fandom comes up with? It's quite a shame that the crew isn't allowed to read fanfiction. I think it's because of this fandom why I started to pursue a career in music.

I would actually cause unlike most people who hate mlp, i never seen it as a little girls shows. I always thought of it as life lessons put into a humurous cartoon, with funny and i have to admit cute animations, which i can use in my life. 

Edited by MLPwn3