Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

(edited)

Mamma Mia. My gay best friend made me watch it with him :P

I didn't really like it. It's just a bunch of middle-aged women squealing like hyenas occasionally singing irrelevant ABBA songs.

Edited by Conspiracy.

(edited)

Goosebumps, and I really enjoyed it. It was better than I was hoping it would be, far exceeding my expectations! :) I think it might just one of my new favourites. The lead character was slightly bland yet still likeable; the villain was cool (and pretty damn creepy considering the movie's PG rating), and the other characters were quite interesting. It was also very well paced, in my opinion. Highly enjoyable. :squee: (This kind if turned into a mini review, haha! :P)

Edited by Wolves

Light night I watched Tigerland. Good film by Joel Schumacher about a pair of platoons in 1971 at bootcamp, who are training at Fort Polk, LA, preparing for the arduous Tigerland training camp before they get shipped out to Vietnam. A bit slow plot wise, but the characters more than make up for it. Colin Farrell stars as Roland Bozz, a lazy and unmotivated anti-Vietnam sentimentalist who while trying to get himself kicked out of the army, finds himself becoming a natural born leader. He sticks up for his friends and his platoon mates against their rival platoon, which is led by Wilson (Shea Whigham) a psychopathic and cruel recruit who is the main antagonist of the story. Bozz also sticks up for his friends and platoon mates against his superiors, primarily drill sergeant Capt. Saunders, a sadist who is willing to compromise the integrity of his recruits in an effort to send as many soldiers as possible to the front. 

Really, what is even more interesting about this movie than it's characters is the cinematography. Shot as if it were home video made by the recruits themselves, you truly feel as if this movie came straight out of the 1970s. From the color grading and the tint, to the set design that transports you right back to the Flower Power decade, this is a real historian's treat of a movie. Unfortunately, not even the visuals and the characters can save the pacing of this film and despite some great editing, the plot really drags. It's slow, and while the characters keep it going, you really feel as if this is one extended training montage from "Full Metal Jacket" that ends before some of the more memorable moments can happen. 

7/10

Edited by Dinos4Ever