Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

Just got back from seeing 'IT' in theaters. The acting in it was really good, the tension was insane throughout and some of the imagery was very unsettling. It was a good film, but the overuse of jumpscares both surprised me and didn't surprise me at all. It didn't end on a jumpscare though, so, that's good.

Pennywise in the film was excellent. Bill really makes the role his own and different from Tim Curry's rendition. I loved how Pennywise actually seemed like something far more evil than just some clown that kidnaps people and that is pretty sinister on its own, but here, you can just 'feel' that 'it' is absolutely horrific. The speech and the mannerisms were all so well done. My main problem with the film was the jumpscares as I mentioned and this made for less of those subtle moments with Pennywise stalking and taunting. There was too much of him straight-up running towards the kids in a flurry of sounds and chaos. There needed to be more of those quiet, but very eery moments with the clown just talking, building up the fear without being frantic. Bill's acting style here would have made those types of scenes great. The beginning of the film was a perfect showcase for that, there just was not enough of it.

That was the thing they could have improved the most to me. It was still a solid horror film though.

pirate of the caribbean dead tell no tales 6/10

Meh, it's was okay but I think such plot as this should be executed better. But it was better than the last one and I do like the concept and design on the new antagonist and his crew mates. Very grim.

Plan 9 From Outer Space.

It truly deserves its reputation as the worst film ever made.  The acting was wooden, the delivery of the dialogue was as bad as the dialogue itself, the special effects were extremely ropey, the sets were cheap and nasty, the plot was thin and directionless.

It was awesome!  If you haven't seen it before it you really, really need to.