Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you supposed to be working?

squareyes

I find myself coming to this site and others like YouTube a lot when I'm supposed to be doing something else. This site can be so addictive, I've gotta stop myself and say I can reward myself by coming to this site and others when I complete what ever I'm supposed to do. Sometimes, that can be easier said than done img-1428276-1-laugh.png .

Same sorta thing for me! I'd normally do a paragraph of work then go look on MemeCenter/YouTube/MLP Forums. it's kind of like Comic Relief. Funny stuff for most of the time, then the serious Charity stuff to get the message to give across.

FYI Comic Relief is a British Telephon event raise money for Charity and is on BBC.

At work. Nothing to do. I work Production Maintenance at a factory and nothing is broken. Thus, I sit here and post about ponies. Huzzah.

• Brohoof 1

At work. Nothing to do. I work Production Maintenance at a factory and nothing is broken. Thus, I sit here and post about ponies. Huzzah.

A wise decision, my friend...

I mean, after all, what better way to stay motivated and at attention when at work than filling your mind with ponies?

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
(edited)

No, I'm not. All the places I get paid for is for doing work like working in a field, factory, or moving equipment. Not much interaction with a computer :/ Though if I get my IT career lifting off that could be a different story...

Edited by Retro✮Derpy

Nope. Not putting anything off to be here at the moment. That's not to say I haven't been here in the past when I've been at work, but I've always had whatever tasks that needed attention completed before goofing off.

• Brohoof 1

I visit the forums at late hours, check my post stats for confirmation if you wish :P so the only thing that I am procrastinating from right now is sleep xD

Usually I'm on here all the time even when I am working but the bad part is that my job is a 'Delivery Driver' I usually don't read or browse the forums while driving but sometimes I have caught myself doing that and well I've never been in an accident but damn have I come close.

• Brohoof 1

I've been browsing through the forums a lot today while I was supposed to be doing work and I was wondering if anypony else was procrastinating or maybe if they have the same sort of attention span when working next to a computer.

I know it's hard for me to avoid such a great website when working!

Can only get onto our work websites or anything to assist with our job basically AT work.   Otherwise no... I probably should fill out this survey complaint to our local hospital's ER for NO SERVICE even with insurance b/c they made assumptions and didn't listen to a word I said...   And I kinda wanted to work on my Sims3 project but it's getting late...  don't want to stop mid-work.    Otherwise... nope, just browsing the web before bed.    (yea  5:12AM here but I live backwards hours.)

Usually I'm on here all the time even when I am working but the bad part is that my job is a 'Delivery Driver' I usually don't read or browse the forums while driving but sometimes I have caught myself doing that and well I've never been in an accident but damn have I come close.

Wow, that's pretty freaking funny. But notice that you've only come close... it's the magic of Friendship that saved you from getting into an accident!

*Silence*

Or maybe you just got lucky.

*Takes a puff on pipe*

Hard to tell.

• Brohoof 1

My work is never done. Part of my personal job IS to surf this forum. Some of things you guys talk about, speculate, comment on, rant about, rave about, experience...  I laugh, I cry, get angry... Offline... well... we'll just have to wait until i'm finished. Never know when that might be so until then, enjoy this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-LI2b84aNw

(edited)

I'm almost never on the computer at work. If I am, it's usually for work-related purposes, like making worksheets. The other minute percentage that's not for work, is because I don't have a printer, and I really need to print something like a map, or something like that. I never browse at work for leisure. Generally, I don't even have time to do so. When I do, though, I'm generally doing other things. Lately, I've been studying on my breaks when I don't have other work to do.

Edited by Clover Heart

Being on the Internet is my work.You see I don't tend to get homework anymore,teachers just tell us to revise important subjects but don't give us detentions if we don't do it.But the Internet is my job because I get paid practically to make a video and just browse on the Internet all day.

At the moment, I'm supposed to be cleaning the hell out of the bathroom, but I actually had to go to the bathroom, so might as well browse while on the toilet.

I have all online classes except one, which is web development. So if I'm doing school work, I'm onthe computer. I get distracted all the damn time. I'm generally pretty good about finishing everything by Thursday, though. I like to do stuff Friday nights and all day Saturday.

• Brohoof 1

Yes. My day job is with the Evil Empire itself. Or lately the 'shoot ourselves in the foot repeatedly' Empire. The things you see with the E3 presentations and whatnot? Be happy you don't get to see it up close and personal.

They're actually all reasonable people just trying to do their jobs. They just suffer from the same problem most people in big corporations have. They have no idea how to *do* said jobs, if they even know what those jobs are really supposed to be.

Me, I'm a database guy. I deal with data feeds to and from databases, analysis of the data in databases, and advise business owners on process and how to make the databases do what they need them to do, despite what they say they *want* them to do.

So I end up here a lot, hoping for some intelligent discussion, and that my brain doesn't go kablooie from one more IM from a business owner about why we can't divide by 0. Again.

The rest of my time is spent dealing with actual sheep. That's right, I also live on a livestock farm.

• Brohoof 3

My attention span on top of my addictive personality on top of being a creature of habit plus the fact that I work with computers all day anyway........I'm screwed. LOL

• 4 months later...

I'm supposed to be writing an essay and finishing the day's NaNoWriMo quota, but instead I'm goofing off online. I'm not too worried since I'm a fast brainstormer and writer. I figure I'll just take a nap in a bit, get up, have some coffee, and do some work before Saturday night movies with my boyfriend.

There's no time to go online at work, since people are always coming and going. On slow days I do data entry or just visit with my coworkers/boss.

• Brohoof 1

I wish I was being lazy right now, but sadly I can't do my English homework online since I forgot my password to the homework site. Plus, I have to do an essay for science so I'll be pretty busy.