Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

For those of you who work: what do you do?

Venomous

What is your job? How long have you been working there? How many jobs have you had?

I am a dog groomer, myself.

1156E36F-1CBA-41F2-B3DD-2A2DB906434A.jpeg

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Farmer and Rancher main, with a decal/sign, machine shop, and 3D printing business on the side. I was born into the first, but the others came around in the last 3 years.

Edited by TheGleaner
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, TheGleaner said:

Farmer and Rancher main, with a decal/sign, machine shop, and 3D printing business on the side. I was born into the first, but the others came around in the last 3 years.

Do you need a manager or auditor or a safety manager? I have skills and training for that.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Kujamih said:

Do you need a manager or auditor or a safety manager? I have skills and training for that.

We are considering it, for the side businesses anyways(manager and auditor if the auditor includes understanding the disaster that is the US tax code).

Looking for a way to America?

Edited by TheGleaner
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@TheGleaner

Uhhh the dreaded tax audit.... How complex is it? I'm trying to widen my responsibilities and widen my choices, since my employer is having a hard time managing their company and employee, it's hard to progress there...

so if faith leads me to America, why not really.:laugh:

What's more if I do pass your interview I have to work on my visa for USA and Quit my job.

Oh if you have plans branching off Philippines is cheap to station in. :P

Btw this isn't part of the interview already is it?:ButtercupLaugh:

Edited by Kujamih

I manage and maintain a number of systems for the European branch of an American publishing company. From cyber security to database management to general day to day sys admin stuff.

If I remembered I think have around about 5 jobs in total. My very first job back at high school was working at a office job for a car seller company. Been stuck there for 3 years of high school. All I did was entering numbers in and paper filings. Office job is such a bored. Then at my senior year I worked as a mailman for a university while doing some small office work in between.  Then adulthood hits and I used to worked in Sprout at the Deli (the most hellish job for me). Around 2018 I got my CNA license and worked at two jobs as a CNA and as a salesman for Costco. 2020 I  stopped working as a CNA due to the COVID-19 because I don't want to risk working there due to a large family. 2021, I  move on working as a florist while still keeping my salesman's job. I quit the florist job and here am I  still stuck as a salesman, promoting whatever shit Costco wants me to promote for their store. 

Honestly, I do missed working as a CNA because it's nice to help people in needs rather than being suck here promoting for capitalisms to flourish-but I do need the money and unfortunately my current job pays me better.:maud: Ironically, when I was working as CNA, I worked around doctors and nurses who only here for money and less for the patients and I hated it.  I remembered seeing how most of  the nurse treated their patients poorly due to that mindset. Only see patients as cash cow. I asked one nurse why she choose to be a nurse practitioner. She said because it pays her better than being a nurse- needed the money- "Oh I see". Most of the answer I asked for other co-workers and nurse students are all the same....I thought to myself back then that there's no way I want to work around with these kind of people!... but here I am now...grinding for money. :maud:

As everyone already knows this, What I learned throughout all my work experiences

6ce81f99a205bb2e379f7e87c406c0c87273c187

Can I retire already? 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, TBD said:

If I remembered I think have around about 5 jobs in total. My very first job back at high school was working at a office job for a car seller company. Been stuck there for 3 years of high school. All I did was entering numbers in and paper filings. Office job is such a bored. Then at my senior year I worked as a mailman for a university while doing some small office work in between.  Then adulthood hits and I used to worked in Sprout at the Deli (the most hellish job for me). Around 2018 I got my CNA license and worked at two jobs as a CNA and as a salesman for Costco. 2020 I  stopped working as a CNA due to the COVID-19 because I don't want to risk working there due to a large family. 2021, I  move on working as a florist while still keeping my salesman's job. I quit the florist job and here am I  still stuck as a salesman, promoting whatever shit Costco wants me to promote for their store. 

Honestly, I do missed working as a CNA because it's nice to help people in needs rather than being suck here promoting for capitalisms to flourish-but I do need the money and unfortunately my current job pays me better.:maud: Ironically, when I was working as CNA, I worked around doctors and nurses who only here for money and less for the patients and I hated it.  I remembered seeing how most of  the nurse treated their patients poorly due to that mindset. Only see patients as cash cow. I asked one nurse why she choose to be a nurse practitioner. She said because it pays her better than being a nurse- needed the money- "Oh I see". Most of the answer I asked for other co-workers and nurse students are all the same....I thought to myself back then that there's no way I want to work around with these kind of people!... but here I am now...grinding for money. :maud:

As everyone already knows this, What I learned throughout all my work experiences

6ce81f99a205bb2e379f7e87c406c0c87273c187

Can I retire already? 

Welcome to the real world.

I see that part of you have died... Now it's really up to you if it made you stronger or weaker...

• Brohoof 1

21 hours ago, Kujamih said:

Welcome to the real world.

I see that part of you have died... Now it's really up to you if it made you stronger or weaker...

hm no one ever ask me that- I had grown tired and dreaded everyday with no motivations, but I did have a little of a "wake-up" call. Since I have been working (of course I did some schoolings too) since the start of High school till now, I never give a chance to think of other things in life beside working.  Time passed so fast that I often forget the most important things around me and so now I'm trying to keep that mindset often and tried to not take things for granted despite of how dreadful my life is sometime.

• Brohoof 1

Consultant Programmer for various gaming companies. Worst part is, I don't get much credits, and I am always under NDA so I can't speak about my stuff. The good part is, I get paid enough.

• Brohoof 2

I do data entry. I started the job not too long ago. It's honestly paradise compared to my experience working before. It's a daytime job, it's Monday through Friday, and it's a sitting job. I've never had a "normal" job like that. I've always worked retail... I always worked nights or the 4am shift. Weekends for me were never Saturday and Sunday, they were in the week. It being a sitting job is essential for me because of my chronic pain. At this job, I don't have to hurt to do my job, and it's amazing!!! =DDD

I make money sitting at a computer all day. lol. I also get to listen to my music. =D (and I don't have to listen to other people's music, because you're ONLY allowed to listen to music through headphones/earbuds and there is no crappy music blasting over the overhead speaker either. As I said, PARADISE.)

• Brohoof 1

City bus driver. Been for over 3 years so far. I've had 2 jobs before. Before this job I was delivering mainly furnitures to people and before it I worked at golf course as a groundskeeper

• Brohoof 1

I work as a Piano teacher. I also work as a music and theater class instructor for a non-profit organization that helps people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Soon, my full-time job will be a Music Therapist and I can't wait! :D

I've worked as a camp counselor and a floor staff at my local theater. I also worked as a pianist/entertainer at a nursing home for a short period of time. 

• Brohoof 1

Until yesterday, I worked in a warehouse for working clothes in my region (mostly for rescue teams and retail). I did there usually warehouse activities like transporting of bags filled with clothings or roll containers with the electric pallet jack. But now, I will go back to the university to continuing my studies in geological science. Before this, I also worked in other warehouses (like Birkenstock for example) or in other companies in the production. I also worked on construction areas and I have an education as a gardener.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've been working at a publishing company for the past 7 years. Pretty much just sort bundles out when their printed, and assign certain bundles to zip codes. Various print job stuff, envelope work as well. Though everyday I have to made a 3 hour delivery at the end of my shift to St. Louis.

I got a degree in finance, and work in a high-tech company that designs cool things.  We're currently helping to invent G6 telecom standards and quantum technology.  

I add numbers together and help folks spend money.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

I currently work at Disneyland and have been here since spring of 2014. I work in an office backstage and support a certain department of the cast. Until a couple years ago I had a different job in the same department that was much more fun and interesting, but there were mandatory age limits on it and I had to move into a supporting role instead. Before that, I had many jobs including:

Artist; doing simple architectural renderings for an awning company.

Film developer; processing class photos for schools.

Cave Guide; giving guided tours of a cave system in the Midwest, as well as a lot of other peripheral tasks on the surface.

Fast food; taking orders at Taco Bell.

The Disney Store; sales hostess at the Fashion Show mall in Las Vegas.

Floor cleaner; polishing the floors at a Days Inn in Anaheim every two weeks.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...