Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask a Staffer!

NewCalamity
Message added by Simon,

Heads up: this thread is to ask whatever sorts of questions you may have to staff, but this is not the right place to give actual feedback or more serious questions for the staff. Anything posted here is subject to receive a silly response!

To send the site positive or negative feedback, try making a thread in the Feedback forum.

For questions or technical issues about MLPForums, check out the Site Questions forum.

Or if you have an issue best discussed in private, consider submitting a support ticket here.

• 2 weeks later...

i have a question:

what is the weirdest thing you ever ate?

The scorpion in the center of some crazy lollipop.

...Yes, it was supposed to be there.

i have a question:

Deliberately, or accidentally?

Accidentally ate a live bee once. Not on my list of things to do again.

I still think eating snails is weird, and unpleasant.

But then I grew up eating blood pudding and the like, so my scale of weird is probably a bit skewed compared to many. It annoys me when people denigrate haggis. It's just a sausage with oatmeal filler.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
Have any of your topics here or outside MLP forums  ever been locked for violating the rules?  do you remember why? 

I've never had a thread locked or hidden here for anything other than routine operations (like closing a suggestion thread, locking old announcements, etc).  Have I at some point had a thread locked somewhere for other reasons? Not that I remember but I wouldn't be surprised. We're all human, we make mistakes. (I also don't start a ton of topics other than official sorts of things so there's that too :P)

• Brohoof 1

If you could promote a mod/staff member to an Admin, who would you choose? and why?

Well, I agree with @Simon. @Lightwing, just to watch the world burn.

The other night at a Christmas party, some coworkers learned of this trait of mine. c:

*scurries off, remembering to tell that story in the poniverse group*

Have any of your topics here or outside MLP forums  ever been locked for violating the rules?  do you remember why? 

I don't believe so, but I did get a thread locked once, before I was staff. Because reasons. Shush. D:

If you could promote a mod/staff member to an Admin, who would you choose? and why?

Jonas, just so he would go all Viking. :)

Oh, sure. Lots of times. Not on MLPF, but on some other forums I used to frequent. Usually it was things like 'don't greentext', 'don't RP outside of the RPs themselves', 'don't post in second person future tense.' ;)

• 3 weeks later...

You could bring back any member that has left the forums long ago, who would you choose and why?

That's a hard one. I mean, nobody has left "just because."

Could I really nullify their reasons, or alter their personality to force them to return?

Could I pocket this wish for a future day? :\

• Brohoof 2

If you could only drink ONE type of soda for the rest of your life, which would it be?

QUuBy-4l.jpg 

Do you like the movie 'Aladdin'?

Yes, for two reasons. It was a great film that has perhaps the best casting of a comedic voice in an animated film. Also, it was the movie I took my first steady girlfriend to see. 

Scorpion possibly. I've eaten a lot of things that would be strange to others. Google scrapple. O.o

I will promote the first person to tell me where the key to the executive washroom is! Yellow Diamond still won't tell me where it is.  

No, but my daughter has. :D

You could bring back any member that has left the forums long ago, who would you choose and why?

There are several. One in particular would be Thrashy, because I thoroughly enjoyed his posts on the forum.  

• Brohoof 2

I will promote the first person to tell me where the key to the executive washroom is! Yellow Diamond still won't tell me where it is. 

I have my reasons, all of which are rational and in no way motivated by petty revenge.

Have any of your topics here or outside MLP forums ever been locked for violating the rules? do you remember why?

It's never happened here. I was (temporarily) banned on another site, though, for helping to create another forum during a storm of drama. I later ended up owning the original site for a while. @_@

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Edit: Changed question o_o

What made you decide to be a Mod?

Answering both, because I can!

I wanted to protect and help the forum. :v

And a LOT. Between all the options, probably a dozen or more each week, and that's just me. (O___O)

Will it be possible for me to boop Jeric again?

...I want to record this on film for all future generations of staff to see.

• Brohoof 1

I largely wanted to become involved in this wonderful community and do what I can to make it a great place for fans & such to just discuss, have fun, and the like. :)

You never know. c:

• Brohoof 1

shipping galore

In all seriousness though, my wish to be staff comes from a experience that I had during my first year on the forums. I had some problems with my account and some users, so a friend recommended me to contact an specific member of the staff, telling me 'He will help you as much as possible, trust me'. Needless to say, he truly did helped me solve my problems, all with a great behavior that surprised me, and which made me see the staff on a different light (before joining this forum I had a bad experience in another place where I got wrongly banned and I was not able to do anything to solve it, so I had some 'bad taste' on my mouth when it came to staff members as a whole). That experience bumped me to help people too, even if I wasn't staff. I wasn't 24/7, but if people needed some help, I would try to do something to help. This indirectly bumped my wish to be a moderator, which would be there until... a year or so later, when I did got invited to be part of the staff team. I said "yeah, why not?", and then I realized that from there I could really help people, as now I could do more than just watch, I could also *act* for the sake of a better/safer place.

Oh god, did I just told my mod story? I think I did

All in all, my wish to be a mod was simply helping people and be able to do something to make this place an even better one than it already is c:

...I want to record this on film for all future generations of staff to see.

....BABS 2016's highlight confirmed?
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Where is the key to the executive washroom? o_o

Oh, that's an easy one, I happened upon it just the other day. They keep it in-- *dies*

• Brohoof 2

I've been here since about eight months into the forum's creation and have been lurking around the roleplay section for most of that. I joined when I was thirteen (and I'm happy that I did, seeing how literally months later the 13+ rule was established). About two and a half years ago, I really got into roleplaying and stuff and built up a bunch of friends, one of whom said that she could use my roleplays and my ideas to become popular on the internet. Older members here will remember the OC collection project I held- we had over 500 OCs at one point. It was amazing, and I was feeling really good about myself. We even had an advertisement banner up, and to my fourteen-year-old self, that felt amazing- I was on the front page of the biggest pony forum of all time! Feld0 hooked us up with a director that intended to make one of the first full length movies of the fandom- a studio called 'Writers in Harmony' who said they would help us provide software and provide animation tutorials to anyone willing to learn- all while I sat back, made a bunch of roleplays, enjoyed the good stories me and my friends experienced, et cetera.

Then my streak of bad luck begins. I set dealine after deadline, and nothing gets done, even after purging the ranks of the artists and animatiors and writers numerous times. My partner starts making odd choices concerning the production, and we find out that she was diagnosed with mental issue that, when it doesn't affect her judgement, makes her stone cold and rude. After a talk with the two guys who were my friends who joined the production, we ask her to leave the production. After a rant and several threats, she storms off in a huff, and then, after addressing the staff members to reaffirm our goals, a full half of them leave the production after I state that we were strictly non-profit. We found out that the reason they were here was because my now ex-partner promised them payment in exchange for their participation. I made a few contacts, attempted to hold it together, but then finally disbanded it. Embarrassed that the project fell flat and that I would begin receiving nasty comments and a bad reputation that I wasted everyone's time for over nine months, became a roleplay hermit. I got stuck in with the new crowd, and started helping the occasional newbie but, otherwise, returning to my roots.

Life moved along, I took a more passive role in PonyRoleplay Lore Team as the editor (I even touched over the ToS and Global Rules at one point!), and sat back and tried to get real life straightened out. From there, after I started getting serious about Boy Scouting and getting my Eagle, as well as keeping my schoolwork as high as it usually is, I decided, about a year ago, 'Hey, these guys help people out a lot. I find that I help people out a lot. Maybe having a position where I can do what I do in real life in this corner of Internetland will help out my rock-bottom self esteem a bit, and it's leadership experience for when I decide to get a job.' So, expecting to get turned down, I submitted an application (it was actually one of the first of the new system) and moved on with my life. I was very surprised when I received a Skype message from Fhaolan telling me that I was accepted within a few days.

Besides, you get kinda jealous when some new person who's only been here for two years becomes a lauded member of the community and an admin when you've been around long enough to have known Zoop, Swoop, and Arylett, and people still don't know who you are. I'm so old here lol

I think it's possible, but good luck getting him anywhere near you to do so. Jeric does not get fooled twice very easily.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...