Furry discussion thread

Discordian

How do you feel about furries?  

260 users have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about furries?

• They're pretty cool
    • So weird.
    • Fluttershy is a furry!

Look at the actions of humans. Are we really that much different than animals? We are hardly different from them, save for our ability to talk.

For me, personally, I dislike furries because they weird me out a bit, to be honest.

A girl with cat ears, I do think is cute, and fine.

But a girl who has fur on her body, a tail and ears?

That's a bit odd to me, because, well, why would you even want anyone to look like that?

Animals are animals, humans are humans, and I don't think they should be mixed.

To me, it reminds me too much of bestiality, especially when they are drawn sexually.

While I'm against bestiality, the assumption is that the furry characters are just the people who drew them, mixed with an animal, as such they still retain their personality, and smartness, so, no, it isn't bestiality

Just think Hermione in Chamber of secrets (harry potter), it's assumed that most avatars, or drawings, are just like her, retaining all that defines them, and her human looks, but being mixed with an animal (in that case a cat)

I don't know about characters that aren't the authors, though, maybe they're just animals, but I doubt it

While I'm against bestiality, the assumption is that the furry characters are just the people who drew them, mixed with an animal, as such they still retain their personality, and smartness, so, no, it isn't bestiality

Just think Hermione in Chamber of secrets (harry potter), it's assumed that most avatars, or drawings, are just like her, retaining all that defines them, and her human looks, but being mixed with an animal (in that case a cat)

I don't know about characters that aren't the authors, though, maybe they're just animals, but I doubt it

I consider it bestiality if it has a tail, ears, and fur.

It might look more human than a normal animal, and may be more intelligent, but they are still animal like- fur, animal noses/ears and tails.

It's just weird.

(edited)

We are very much different from them.

We are more advanced, we can use more of our bodies, we have different thinking patterns, there are a lot of differences.

It just freaks me out, personally.

I don't HATE furries, but I don't LIKE them either...

And by the way, did you really edit my quote?

T.T;

I didn't edit your quote.

And for the record, we use far less of our bodies than animals. In order to be strong, we have to make ourselves strong. Animals are born with inherent strength. They are capable of far greater physical force than us, far greater speed than us, and most animals utilize their bodies far more effectively.

And when you boil it down, our mass psychology hardly varies from an animal's. We are consumed by the thoughts of random, meaningless desire to climax with other members of our species and have an incredible penchant for cruelty and violence. Honestly, even animals are not as barbaric and savage as ponies can be.

I consider it bestiality if it has a tail, ears, and fur.

It might look more pony than a normal animal, and may be more intelligent, but they are still animal like- fur, animal noses/ears and tails.

It's just weird.

Let me note right now that there are human beings with fur, all humans have ears, and all humans have tails. So, if you have sex with a person with what is known as "werewolf syndrome" (Where hair develops into a coat of fur on 99% of the body), considering they have a tail and ears, by your definition, that is bestiality, despite their being human.

Edited by KakeiTheWolf

I didn't edit your quote.

And for the record, we use far less of our bodies than animals. In order to be strong, we have to make ourselves strong. Animals are born with inherent strength. They are capable of far greater physical force than us, far greater speed than us, and most animals utilize their bodies far more effectively.

And when you boil it down, our mass psychology hardly varies from an animal's. We are consumed by the thoughts of random, meaningless desire to climax with other members of our species and have an incredible penchant for cruelty and violence. Honestly, even animals are not as barbaric and savage as humans can be.

I just don't like furries. They are odd to me, and that's my opinion.

Animals and humans are pretty different, but I'm not going to bother arguing with anyone over this.

If you can't see how, then that's your problem.

I've always wondered exactly what a furry is anyway. I mean I've come across the term many times, but I've never known its meaning

I've always wondered exactly what a furry is anyway. I mean I've come across the term many times, but I've never known its meaning

Simply: One who has an interest (small or large) of anthropomorphic animals (animals who have human qualities, be it simply talking or having a human-like body, or any variety of human characteristics).

Hey guys, whatever you do behind closed doors, well, IT'S MY BUSINESS TOO.

I think furries are so weird, because it's animals!

Why don't you like humans, at least we aren't smelly animals!

You like something I don't so it is so weird you like something else!

Because obviously everyone likes the same thing!

And if you don't like what I like, you are weird and disgusting and gross and wrong!

/end every single argument of a brony/furry hater.

I'm so tired of people like this who feel they need to have their "opinion" heard.

Why attack people who are perfectly happy with who they are?

You say they are pathetic for enjoying something behind closed doors.

Open your eyes.

You're attacking someone who is hiding BEHIND a closed door.

Who is the pathetic one now?

• Brohoof 2

I don't hate them at all. I don't see why someone would hate them, i'm guessing it's just the concept that they don't like, but hey, everyone has their fetishes. and I just remembered, one of my friends don't like them because he says they are "weird" and"creepy". but yet again im completly fine with just about any sexual thing someone does as long as it dosn't harm me, as an example of what harms me, Cloppers, people hear about cloppers and think thats what everyone here is one. but thats a different subject.

I don't hate them at all. I don't see why someone would hate them, i'm guessing it's just the concept that they don't like, but hey, everyone has their fetishes. and I just remembered, one of my friends don't like them because he says they are "weird" and"creepy". but yet again im completly fine with just about any sexual thing someone does as long as it dosn't harm me, as an example of what harms me, Cloppers, people hear about cloppers and think thats what everyone here is one. but thats a different subject.

But aren't you hurting furries by saying they're all sexual when some only enjoy the art? Or the community? You're doing the same thing that a non brony fan does when he hears about cloppers, generalizing all of the community into a bunch of sexual things, so, no, they aren't all sexual, but I'm not here to argue, I personally think more people should live like you, ignoring the fetishes and such of everyone because what they do behind close doors is their own bussiness

• Brohoof 1

People hate, bash and makes fun of things they don't understand. Things they think are weird.

It is much easier to make fun of something you don't understand, as opposed to finding out the truth. It may make people uncomfortable asking questions as well. (although people doing the above are generally stupid)

It might also be that different people have different lines of acceptance. You might think that stuff that other people do is completely sick or insane, while they think it's fine and normal. Do you see where I'm going?

People usually hate furries for the same reason people hate bronies. People think that they are some kinds of pedophiles or sexual deviants. The most common insult for furries is usually something to do with bestiality.

But aren't you hurting furries by saying they're all sexual when some only enjoy the art? Or the community? You're doing the same thing that a non brony fan does when he hears about cloppers, generalizing all of the community into a bunch of sexual things, so, no, they aren't all sexual, but I'm not here to argue, I personally think more people should live like you, ignoring the fetishes and such of everyone because what they do behind close doors is their own bussiness

Well I'm sorry, I didn't know. I just thought they were all sexual because well, It's not like I search about them alot.

Well I'm sorry, I didn't know. I just thought they were all sexual because well, It's not like I search about them alot.

Well, it's better if you don't, you might get sucked up

I think that the hate is based on ignorance, and ignorance is based on the fact that the haters don't want to search the community

I am a furry yes, and what I view or like within that fandom is really my personal business, Other art on there I do consider questionable and avoid before I get sick from it. It doesn't mean the whole group needs to be shunned for their interest of a small bubble inside the whole fandom.

I normally to myself and hardly really say anything about being furry unless being asked.

Simply: One who has an interest (small or large) of anthropomorphic animals (animals who have human qualities, be it simply talking or having a human-like body, or any variety of human characteristics).

Okay, thank you! Yeah I looked it up on Wikipedia and by that explanation and yours also, it seems that, in essence, all bronies are furries whether they know it or not lol

Ponies usually hate furries for the same reason ponies hate bronies. Ponies think that they are some kinds of pedophiles or sexual deviants. The most common insult for furries is usually something to do with bestiality.

Actually, I believe the most common insult is "furfag". This is an old 4chan thing, because their insults usually consist of a demographic descriptor followed by fag (Which is somewhat complicated to explain).

(edited)

Most people don't like furries just because they can be associated with sexual acts that can be considered strange. Yes, some furries are into yiff. But in every fandom there is a sexual side to it. Just look at MLP, and anime in general. Sure, there are people that are into yiff in the furry fandom. Not everyone, in fact a lot of people aren't into the sexual aspects of the fandom. Most people join the fandom for drawing/sketching furries, sharing music, and writing furry fiction as well as socializing with other furries and attending conventions and possibly fur suiting. Same thing with the MLP fandom.

There are some things that bother me in the fandom. Which includes the people who feel that they need to "come out" as a furry as if it is some sexual orientation.

But really, people don't like furries because they can be considered strange. Most associate the furry fandom with the sexual aspects.

Edited by Elric
  • Brohoof 1

Okay, thank you! Yeah I looked it up on Wikipedia and by that explanation and yours also, it seems that, in essence, all bronies are furries whether they know it or not lol

but again that is not all it is. It can be a person who feels they have a part animal spirit, a roleplayer, an furry avatar. There is typically a whole world inside furrydom. Not just liking or having an interest in anthro characters. alot of furries feel they are part furre as well. What I think some people are feeling a furry is just a furre-fan. There is more to it than just a fan for alot of furres

but again that is not all it is. It can be a pony who feels they have a part animal spirit, a roleplayer, an furry avatar. There is typically a whole world inside furrydom. Not just liking or having an interest in anthro characters. alot of furries feel they are part furre as well. What I think some ponies are feeling a furry is just a furre-fan. There is more to it than just a fan for alot of furres

Furry: Most convoluted definition of the year 2012. Seriously, I can't find anything definitive anywhere.

• Brohoof 1

A simple term for a furry is someone who is interested in anthropomorphic animals. That really just sums it up. Now explaining the entire fandom is another thing because there are so many different aspects of it.

A simple term for a furry is somepony who is interested in anthropomorphic animals. That really just sums it up. Now explaining the entire fandom is another thing because there are so many different aspects of it.

In essence, though, its sort of like how the title of brony works. You can like MLP without being a brony, because brony is a title you choose to wear. You can be interested in anthropomorphic animals (If that was the raw definition for furry, everyone who likes Disney is a furry) without being a furry, because furry is a title you choose to wear. I even know someone who DRAWS furry art, yet is not a furry. As well, often when someone specifically branches into reptiles and dragons, they are often called scalies (I still have stuff from Herpy on my computer, sadly),

It's a label one must don, much like the label of brony.

Furry: Most convoluted definition of the year 2012. Seriously, I can't find anything definitive anywhere.

agreed...very much agreed. When I went to Midwest Furfest last year I learned all I ever needed to know about furries...and what I learned was that trying to come up with one single definition...impossible

agreed...very much agreed. When I went to Midwest Furfest last year I learned all I ever needed to know about furries...and what I learned was that trying to come up with one single definition...impossible

A single definition for furry is like compiling a static member list for Anonymous: Just not feasible.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I don't consider myself a part of the furry fandom, but I do find anthropomorphic animals sexually attractive. I just do, I just see it as a fetish, I would never yiff or whatever, since it's not the same thing as an anthro, and I find normal humans more sexually appealing.

For me, personally, I dislike furries because they weird me out a bit, to be honest.

A girl with cat ears, I do think is cute, and fine.

But a girl who has fur on her body, a tail and ears?

That's a bit odd to me, because, well, why would you even want anyone to look like that?

Animals are animals, humans are humans, and I don't think they should be mixed.

To me, it reminds me too much of bestiality, especially when they are drawn sexually.

To me it's because they're humanoid, retaining the shape and form of a human with animalistic features added on (animal-like head with human facial expressions, fur, tail, claws, etc.), allowing me to find them sexually appealing. That, and because it's "different" adding fetish appeal.

To my brain, there isn't much a difference between this:

[Visuals are not really needed. We get your point.]

I have zero sexual attraction to non anthropomorphic animals however, since they lack the human like form that anthros have. I'm curious as to what your opinion is on mermaids, do you think it's okay to be sexually attracted to them? Do you yourself find mermaids (or naga) sexually attractive? If yes, why are mermaids/naga, who have the lower half (including sexual organs) of an animal ok to be turned on by, but a fully humanoid animal isn't?

Edited by Scootacool