Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would it be possible for a brony to become the President of the United States?

jackleapp81

You know how when a political election is on the horizon, people like to dig up dirt on the politicians so they can possibly make or break their campaign with info about what they were like when they were younger? What if, in about 20 years from now, one of those politicians running for president was previously a brony? And not just a casual one either. He/she would have been deeply into the fandom at the time that the show was popular, and he/she had even written a fanfic or two. Do you think that information could cost someone the presidency? There are still a good portion of people in society who would be a little put off by it, especially if whoever was running for the presidency was into the show when they were 19 or older. What do you think?

• Brohoof 1

Liberals would have a shitfit over anyone trying to use that in a damaging nature, and they're pretty much taking over the country, so I highly doubt it.

• Brohoof 3

No people are stupid and do not make their vote based on weather or not the person is a good politician or not, it based on what they say not what they do, and most people don't get the brony thing, one argument for not voting for a brony is that it makes the country look weak. 

I don't think it would be a big deal in 20 years. If a politician running for president said they used to be an avid fan of Star Trek or Star Wars, would anyone think anything of it? Probably not. It's a lot more acceptable now than it was 40, 30, and even 20 years ago.

When a fandom is new, adult fans are usually seen as being geeky an immature, even if it's something primarily aimed at adults. However, in 20 years, people are able to use nostalgia as an excuse and just say they were big fans as kids, making it more socially acceptable overall.

Examples: Star Wars, Ghost Busters, TMNT, Pokemon, Robotech, Ducktails, etc.

(edited)

In my opinion, a good President would bring back the space program. For it is space exploration, which is the best hope for Humaniy's survival. 

Doesn't matter if he's a Brony or not.

We must ascend to the stars! 

To infinity and beyond!

Or become immortal evil machines like the Reapers. XD

Or accept extinction and literally just sit and wait until the sun melts our planet leaving it a barren lifeless rock.

Edited by Rush
  • Brohoof 3

Not really. A politician has to make promises that they will actually commit too and, help the United States with money and other resources. Other then that, the people would not really vote for a brony to be in a political office. Plus, it wouldn't really work out.

Bill Clinton is a brony. Now seriously, I doubt definition that a brony would be president because bronies are not that common in the population and especially not any time soon because we would have people who would think that the president is L.G.B.T. or something.

• Brohoof 1

The world is going to look a LOT different in 20 years. Think for a minute what things were like in 1993.

In 20 years, being a brony isn't going to be a big deal. People will come to accept us similarly to the way people accept Trekkies. Or at least people will be on their way in doing that.

If it happened now, some idiots would use being a brony against him if for some reason the information got out to the public.

• Brohoof 2

Am I the only one who says it should?

A brony president would be sweet! Imagine Twilight Sparkle or Babs Seed in one of his campaign ads. That would be AWESOME!

In my opinion, a good President would bring back the space program. For it is space exploration, which is the best hope for Humaniy's survival.

Doesn't matter if he's a Brony or not.

We must ascend to the stars!

To infinity and beyond!

Or become immortal evil machines like the Reapers. XD

Or accept extinction and literally just sit and wait until the sun melts our planet leaving it a barren lifeless rock.

Not to derail, but YES,YES, ABILLIONTIMESYESSS!!! I really wish more people understood that the space program is not a trivial thing. It's not cheap, but in the long run, it's immensely important to our survival. Luckily, the Russian space program seems to be doing alright (Putin just announced that a further $50 billion will be invested in the program) and China's has a bright future. I also have some hopes for South Korea's budding space program.

I don't know how to embed videos from my phone (I know :/) but here's a link to Michio Kaku(<3)'s "The Birth-Pangs of a Planetary Civilization". I really feel like he just gets things :)

Unfortunately, it's entirely possible that a potential president could be voted against for having been or being a brony. Of course, the taboo surrounding MLP could easily have faded in the next couple of decades, as others have mentioned. For now, we can only hope that people will be less biased in the future, no matter how unlikely that might be.

Not to derail, but YES,YES, ABILLIONTIMESYESSS!!! I really wish more people understood that the space program is not a trivial thing. It's not cheap, but in the long run, it's immensely important to our survival. Luckily, the Russian space program seems to be doing alright (Putin just announced that a further $50 billion will be invested in the program) and China's has a bright future. I also have some hopes for South Korea's budding space program.

I don't know how to embed videos from my phone (I know :/) but here's a link to Michio Kaku(<3)'s "The Birth-Pangs of a Planetary Civilization". I really feel like he just gets things smile.png

I absolutely LOVE Michio Kaku, and I'm glad to see others note the importance of the space program. It really is our best bet for long-term survival of the human race.

(edited)

It's completely possible that being a brony could ruin someone's chance of becoming the president, but there is also the chance that no one would care. I don't think it would really matter as long as he actually tried to fix the nation's problems and don't stick ponies down everyone's throat. No offense, but I wouldn't vote for someone if he was putting ponies on his "Vote for me" posters. That would be very unprofessional and that would make me think that he wouldn't be a good leader for a country. Just my opinion, of course.

Edited by Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 4

@LordLlamahat So glad to see Michio love and NASA support!

Also, I retract my statement. All things considered, the space program isn't that big of an expense. I mean, NASA was able to afford some of the brightest minds in the world working for them as well as the moon landing all while we were in the middle of the Cold War.

Annual budget: $18.724 billion (Fiscal Year 2011, about 0.5% of total budget at about $3 trillion)

• Brohoof 1

The odds of that would be a BILLION to one!

And no offense, since the show is mostly successful online, rather than offline and mainstream, no one would really care if others knew about that in the election. Maybe... 

I bet it could happen, and with the large fan base, there would be supporters everywhere, plus advertisements would be easily obtainable, but consider the consequences...

I'd say Feld0 could do it, but he's Canadian... :huh:

Anyway, I'm sure someone who had some semblance of interest in My Little Pony could be president, heck I wouldn't be surprised if Obama watches it with his girls sometimes or something, it honestly wouldn't be a big deal I think. :)

Bill Clinton is a brony. Now seriously, I doubt definition that a brony would be president because bronies are not that common in the population and especially not any time soon because we would have people who would think that the president is L.G.B.T. or something.

To be fair the questions on that quiz Clinton took were pretty obvious. ^_^

You know what? Lord Bababa would be the best president the world has ever saw. You all should vote for me once the time comes.

Also yeah a brony could become president. Nothing in there that says no, besides we've had movie stars become president before and the vast majority of recent presidents have admitted to drug use soooooo

I though we already re-elected a brony? laugh.png

but seriously,  this paranoia of whether trolls will discover and "out" bronies is getting ridiculous and i doubt many of us will have the political connections and wealth to become president. Yes the republicans and Fox News would likely try to expose them as weird to gain points as that's what they do and have before.

Case in point...

Can't say this is a good thread... sleep.png laugh.png

• 1 month later...

Come to think of it, I read somewhere that Barack Obama is a Trekkie so it's possible. It probably wouldn't be a big deal though