Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Young bronies and little brats

Motion Spark

(edited)

a question for you older bronies, or the ones who matured in a ridiculous fast pace. Do you get annoyed by these little bronies who dares to be better than anyone else and feel like they are the broniest brony in the world but they can't even cook an egg?

don't you feel bothered because you being really old can't keep up with their childish and honestly stupid behaviour while just trying to have a conversation with your other brony buddies?

I do feel like that, and it sucks. :/

a couple of months ago I was able to make contacts with bronies from my country (Panama) and I was like really excited because I really thought I was the only one (at least I'm still the only one in MLPforums), I couldn't wait to talk to them and get to know them.

Long story short, I got accepted in a facebook group and I find out that they are a bunch of kids, now the oldest one is 18, I think we have 2 with 18 years old, and the rest of them are minors (16,15,14 yo), being now 13 the average  age. Seriously 13? I am 23 years old, what the hell am I going to do hanging with a 13yo girl? like really!

there is this girl who I am know very sure that she is just stupid and inmature even for her age, but I'm always cool around her (on the FB group) until one day she messed up with a delicate subject... Rarity.

she posted an image of Rarity in the group, on wrote something like "who can tell me how to be a good older sister, or I'll end up being like her...." and this is the actual coversation.

Guy: Why you are like that with Rarity, why
April 29 at 11:13am via mobile · Like

her: ????? Wut?
April 29 at 11:14am · Like

Guy: Forget about it, I am an older brother and I won't be like that.
April 29 at 11:24am via mobile · Like

her: I'm an older sister since yesterday and I have no idea how is like to be one.
April 29 at 11:27am · Like

herFriend: You only just just have to abuse it.
April 29 at 11:37am via mobile · Like

herFriend: and that way you'll be a good older sister.
April 29 at 11:37am via mobile · Like

her: .-. But I said I didn't want to be like Rarity xD
April 29 at 11:38am · Like

herFriend Mmmm, oh! I know
April 29 at 11:44am via mobile · Like

herFriend: kill it and that's it.
April 29 at 11:44am via mobile · Like

her: Yeah (*o*)9
April 29 at 11:45am · Like

me: are you implying that Rarity is a bad older sister? because if it is like that, you better get prepared...
April 29 at 6:21pm · Like

her: ...
April 29 at 7:18pm via mobile · Like

her: WTF?! if she's an evil older sister... can't you see how bad she treats Sweetie Belle?
April 29 at 7:31pm · Like

me: what?!!? but Sweetie Belle also gets away with it and she takes advantage of her too.
April 29 at 8:22pm · Like

me: in the end you can see that Rarity deeply cares for Sweetie Belle.
April 29 at 8:22pm · Like

her: Lieeeeeees sweetie belle always wants to do something to impress her sister but Rarity treats her bad... after Sisterhooves social, rarity and sweetie belle "get along" but she takes advantage of that... but rarity is even worse than Sweetie :I
April 29 at 8:25pm · Like

her: I bet you haven't seen " Sleepless in ponyville" when Rarity calls it " spend quality time with her little sister" what kind of sister is she?
April 29 at 8:26pm · Like

me: and how Sweetie Belle convinced Rarity to join her in the trip?, if she knew BEFOREHAND, that Rarity hates outdoors. She manipulated her with a scene and she didn't have a choice but to accept.
April 29 at 8:35pm · Like

me: sisterhooves social, excuse me but Sweetie Belle made a complete mess, it was wrong how Rarity yelled at her, but she yelled at her back too, and knowing how much Rarity hates getting DIRTY, she got in the mud for her little sister, do you call that a bad sister? pls.
April 29 at 8:37pm · Like

her: yeah right and how she treated her later??? taking advantage of her?! that's really cruel!!
April 29 at 8:37pm · Like

me: the scenes with Rarity and Sweetie Belle used in Sleepless in Ponyville was just for comedic relief when the episode was trully focused on Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash
April 29 at 8:38pm · Like

her: OwO and how she treated her bad :I
April 29 at 8:40pm · Like

me: when did you see Sweetie complaining to Rarity when she was pulling the carriage? she was happy to do it because Rarity could tag along, anyways, they both take advantage between each other, but later in the episode you could see how Rarity gets worried for Sweetie.
April 29 at 8:42pm · Like

her: stop defending Rarity :I
April 29 at 8:42pm · Like

me: I'm going to defend her from anyone that's not right or doesn't have enough evidence to prove me wrong.
April 29 at 8:44pm · Like

the heated conversation ended there, the rest of the post is just spam, mind you her favorite pony is diamond tiara :/

She's another victim of the Rarity syndrome, she is too narrow minded to know that Rarity is probably the most complex character of the mane6 and only see her "easy" side as a bitch. And it's funny how she's always posting drawings of her ponies, and she takes too much pride to her work believing that she's the best artist out there, if she knew that I could break her ass in half if I posted my stuff in the group (I don't because I don't want to get attention just like that)

Not only that, her friend (which is a classmate of hers) was added with me and the other guys in FB message chat, and the girl was literally asking us to rape her, yes...you heard right, rape her. She was calling all of us rapists, and used any comment we said against us to imply that we wanted to track her down and rape her. She was calling us rapists, a guy homeless and she called me gay because I'm OK if people call me Emma. hmmm (what a fucking bitch)

I tried to follow along her game, because it was very anime-ish (you know how anime can be and how it can affect people, and she also had an anime avatar) but there was a moment in which I just couldn't take it anymore and snapped.

"ok, stop you little brat, stop, what are you saying is not even funny. God forbid your from being a victom of rape. You don't wanna know that"

She was impressed how I reacted and she said that it was the first time someone told her off like that. Then she said that she didn't like me. I was cool with that I don't even cared and still talked to the same guys. But her stupidity was too much that I just abandoned the FB chat before I did something I would regret.

---

they had a meet-up already at the mall (only some of the guys, no females) and I just can't attend no matter how badly I want to meet them and share my broniness in person with other people, because they are kids! it's just wrong if I hang out with them. They are planning another meet-up and I really want to go, but again I feel like they are just too young for me *sigh* I'm fucking doomed u_u

---

if you are 13, 14 or so, don't feel offended by this thread, not all are like this, because I have a 14yo friend that I met on here, and I think that he's just really awesome (you know who you are img-1454790-1-wink.png ). But really if you don't know something just keep your mouth shut and sometimes try to listen to your elders. I don't consider myself an "elder" but I have so many things I could teach to these girls, but they are just brats.

who's been there? :<

Edited by Motion Spark
  • Brohoof 21

Well I have been there at most times, when I'm just having a logical conversation with someone younger then me and even when I'm right they just question me and say I'm wrong. That was a pretty crazy conundrum that you had to deal with. Very sorry.

• Brohoof 1

Well I have been there at most times, when I'm just having a logical conversation with someone younger then me and even when I'm right they just question me and say I'm wrong. That was a pretty crazy conundrum that you had to deal with. Very sorry.

it's a very tough spot, lets say one meet-up is at one of the guy's and we'll just play videogames and stuff, how would their parents react if one of their friends is a 23yo with 16,15yo kids? -_-

(edited)

tl;dr, though I read 60% of it.

Anyways, I'm only 17 myself but I know what you mean. I've had people in about the same age as me (and younger) who have been like that. It's really annoying.

Also, I'm annoyed by all these new bronies who are very young (at around 13) and talks about how amazing it is to be a brony when they've been in the fandom for like 1 day, or how they come up with really weird ideas that everyone has to like, or the worst of all, when they hate on other people for saying that they dislike the show, even though they just turned from hating it to liking it themselves. I mean there isn't even any "love & tolerate" anymore..

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 7

it's a very tough spot, lets say one meet-up is at one of the guy's and we'll just play videogames and stuff, how would their parents react if one of their friends is a 23yo with 16,15yo kids? sleep.png

Not to mention that whole brony stereotype that people uneducated about the fandom have. You know, how we all must be pedos and cloppers? That would be a very tricky position. Sorry for having no advice to give you. Hopefully you will find someone nearer your age that you can hang out with.

I'm 15 and I'm not really offended by it, since well I know what it's like to be around those who aren't mature enough. They're everywhere, not just within the fandom but all over the internet. People will be people and they'll be themselves even if they are idiotic.

• Brohoof 5

I can understand what you mean by the message. As a 14 year old, I find it very important to try and make a name for myself, and to, well. Not be like those people. I personally find people like that to be more of a pain, nearly to the extent of not wanting to be around them. (I don't like being around people anyway, and the only people I AM around are adults whom seem to think I'm mature enough to converse with them.).

If every 14 year old were like them, this generation would be utterly and completely doomed.

As for advice, I can't much think of any. I could imagine that it depends on the people and their level of maturity, like always.

If their kids, then chances are, they'll be doing pretty stupid stuff from what you say. So there's not much you can do there, it seems.

• Brohoof 6

Not to mention that whole brony stereotype that people uneducated about the fandom have. You know, how we all must be pedos and cloppers? That would be a very tricky position. Sorry for having no advice to give you. Hopefully you will find someone nearer your age that you can hang out with.

I don't think the brony stereotype is much stronger in here anyways.

I'm 15 and I'm not really offended by it, since well I know what it's like to be around those who aren't mature enough. They're everywhere, not just within the fandom but all over the internet. People will be people and they'll be themselves even if they are idiotic.

I can understand what you mean by the message. As a 14 year old, I find it very important to try and make a name for myself, and to, well. Not be like those people. I personally find people like that to be more of a pain, nearly to the extent of not wanting to be around them. (I don't like being around people anyway, and the only people I AM around are adults whom seem to think I'm mature enough to converse with them.).

If every 14 year old were like them, this generation would be utterly and completely doomed.

As for advice, I can't much think of any. I could imagine that it depends on the people and their level of maturity, like always.

If their kids, then chances are, they'll be doing pretty stupid stuff from what you say. So there's not much you can do there, it seems.

good to know from both of you :)

I can't really say if I was asking for an advice, but it's good to know that you trully understand :)

This is precisely why I usually don't publicly tell people my age on the internet. There's so many immature and annoying people my age (15) on the internet, that usually people will judge you for being that age.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Quite honestly I think the fact that any adult who tries to get involved in a community of fans of a cartoon that was made for little kids should simply expect kids. The level of maturity in these kids will vary, but considering that it's usually the more annoying kids who are vocal about their fandom should lead you to at least expect crap like this.

Personally I think you're overreacting, Mr. Motion Spark. The reason I say this is because there's much worse out there. I would comment and say that yeah you're right it is kind of weird when a 23 year old is talking to a 13 year old but I'm 19 and I have had some rather fascinating debates about Sonic The Hedgehog and Megaman with the 5 year olds at the school that my nephews go to. 

Edited by Lord Bababa
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

There will always be people in a group that are less decent than the others or less mature. Even in the bronies. However, I am annoyed by how they act as much as you are. It makes me lose my faith in humanity as a whole.

Edited by ÷Zero

The girl must not be around sisters much because all sisters fight some more then others and take advantage of each other but they love each other and that's how sisters are! And if you mess with a someones sister you better watch out! c; 

People aren't vary mature now days and don't even think about what they are gonna say before they say it (or type it)...I am a younger pegasister also but i always think about what i am gonna say before i say it. So not all younger brony/pegasisters are like that!

I hope you get to meet some bronies your age! :)

• Brohoof 1

Wow, that chat, it amazes me. But still, there is always going to be someone that's like that. She will probably regret it later. It's usually like that, you make a lot of dumb misstakes and then you suffer when you become older and remember how dumb you where acting.

I dislike what she said about Rarity, Rarity is a lot more complex then that.

Also, I'm annoyed by all these new bronies who are very young (at around 13) and talks about how amazing it is to be a brony when they've been in the fandom for like 1 day, or how they come up with really weird ideas that everyone has to like, or the worst of all, when they hate on other people for saying that they dislike the show. I mean there isn't even any "love & tolerate" anymore..

^I have noticed some of it, although I guess it's just that they are really excited and don't really take the fandom seriously.. Or something, I have noticed that there are a lot of people that still follow the "love and tolerate" motto. Me being one of them, but people that actually follow it seem to be rare. But it's still there, most of those who do take the fandom seriously still follow it, there are just so many people so of course there are people that don't follow it.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Yeah Motion, i feel that way a lot.  On one hand being older then most means i feel naturally inclined to sit out from group skype chats, twilicorn drama, and spam threads because they just aren't that relevant to me. On the other hand i love the youthful energy of this fandom and the fact that 15 year olds like Omnipony can make near professional music and you can usually have an intelligent conversation with many people and just do not care if they are in their thirties, twenties, or aren't even an adult yet. It's when people can't complete sentences or type legibly or have anything meaningful to say or just don't see the forest from the trees that it's frustrating dealing with that lack of maturity. But most of the time it's luckily not that big a deal as we have a lot of intelligent and thoughtful people here. That's actually one of the reasons i enjoy working with Dreamsong on here is we're both in the upper percentile age bracket, and we have so much more in common than most. We actually have a cover song that's coming out this week on this exact subject.

And we don't care about the young folks
Talking 'bout the young style
And we don't care about the old folks
Talking 'bout the old style too
And we don't care about our own faults
Talking 'bout our own style
All we care 'bout is talking
Talking only me and you

Sometimes it's easier when you find a really good friend in the community to just hang with them and let the community drama just slip by. I just hope people don't mind some of us older bronies being on here. Talking from experience sometimes might feel like talking down to people and it's not meant to. Even if you're a teacher you're always a student. Life is give and take. Sharing thoughts and feelings is part of what we should do. I like that there's still some diversity in ages and in who we are.

Edited by Freewave
  • Brohoof 5

This is precisely why I usually don't publicly tell people my age on the internet. There's so many immature and annoying people my age (15) on the internet, that usually people will judge you for being that age.

That is really true. People assume that just because you're young, you are ignorant and annoying. I mean, even people that are a year older than me (I'm 16) will sometimes act like they're all high and mighty and have infinitely more knowledge about the intricate workings of the world than I. People will often times just shoot down your opinions just by saying, "you're too young, how could you possibly understand?" So yeah, basically what I'm saying is, I know those feels.

• Brohoof 2

Oh, yeah. I was like that once... Okay maybe more than once... But, Motion... Motion Motion Motionmotionmotion... If you think THIS is young bronies are bad, try playing on a TF2 server with a bunch of 6 year olds... Bronies, or not. ^_^

Eh, whatever. They're just over-exited about being in the fandom. We really shouldn't be all that bothered by it. Stupid 13 or 14 year olds are just that, and you'll run into them in every fanbase ever. They'll grow out of it.

• Brohoof 2

I understand how you feel I manage a concessions stand at a little league ballpark where all the workers are kids about 11-14. They talk a lot and don't understand common sense. But I have to disagree with your post here for a simple reason, they are kids.

The majority of kids appear stupid to those who are older than them. They don't often see the depth presented in tv shows, especially now when there is so little television with depth for kids that age. Not everyone can appreciate something for what its worth. But they often like something because someone they look up to likes it, and they want to be like them, even though they don't understand it completely.

There are exceptions obviously, a few kids I work with are smarter than my own friends. So in my opinion, I'd go easy on them and try to explain things to them as best as you can, like you did in your Facebook post.

Except for that rape thing, that's messed up.

• Brohoof 4

Wow! I can't believe those people! It's annoying when somepony can't understand the other side of the story, only being focused on their own belief! They do sound pretty immature. I'm the only brony in my area (I think), so I can't say I've come across this problem, but it seems that you should just try and hang out with bronies your age, be it online or elsewhere! Leave these guys to their immature behaviour! Maybe you could try and get others your age to become bronies. Use subtle hints, try to get them interested. If you're a closet brony, like me, try to really subtly hint towards the fandom, they may get interested and check it out, or even become bronies!

Sorry if I'm rambling on a little, but I think that these guys need to wise up a bit! Anyway, I hope you can find some bronies in your area that are a bit more mature! :)

• Brohoof 1

Overzealous bronies piss me off at any age.

However when I do happen across someone like that (often on the back end of a Tumblr post or something with a "h8r i wil luv n tolerate the shit outta u lel *le brohoff* XDDDDD) I'm just... ugh.

• Brohoof 2

I'm only 14, and I think I am three times more mature than the people I live around. Especially my brother, who is two years older than me.

I hate people who think they are always right... I don't like being wrong, but I don't deny the truth if I know it is actually true.

Sometimes, It insults me to be related to people my age...

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I don't think this is about the age. It is about the person. Being a child doesn't mean to act like a stupid hoe.

I agree with Freewave about finding that one true friend in the community.

By the way I used to go on the small-group World of Wacraft meet-ups. I was the youngest (14/15), usually the only girl, the majority was 16-18 years old but also one friend of mine was about 25 years old and he didn't feel somehow odd or pedo or anything. We had great times, drinking tea and talking about books and the game and talking about the Alliance noobs and laughing at the silly things. As I said, it's not about the age.

One last note: I wouldn't call 14-17 years old people children.

Maybe I feel like that just because I "entered" the internets when I was 10 years old and I've been always insulted because of my age. Then I was 13, I started to play the online games more, but again, I wasn't "old enough" to be accepted not as a child, but as a person. It is not fair, especially in games, when they will turn you down by calling you a little brat just because you are better then they are. Then I turned 15. I was sure that finally, I'll get accepted as an almost-mature person. No. It didn't happen.

Now I'm turning officially "mature" soon and in this moment, I know that I wanted to be older just to get accepted, but now I don't feel like being adult is somehow fancy. I'd like to stay this age forever. My mentality hasn't changed since I was 10.

Edited by Cocodrillo
  • Brohoof 8

Quite honestly I think the fact that any adult who tries to get involved in a community of fans of a cartoon that was made for little kids should simply expect kids. The level of maturity in these kids will vary, but considering that it's usually the more annoying kids who are vocal about their fandom should lead you to at least expect crap like this.

Personally I think you're overreacting, Mr. Motion Spark. The reason I say this is because there's much worse out there. I would comment and say that yeah you're right it is kind of weird when a 23 year old is talking to a 13 year old but I'm 19 and I have had some rather fascinating debates about Sonic The Hedgehog and Megaman with the 5 year olds at the school that my nephews go to. 

you are wrong there, while MLP is targeted to kids, what makes the brony community so fascinating and controversial is how grown up males are attracted to the show. True, I should expect them, but at this point is even more normal to expect grown up (18+) people in the brony community.

I'm not everreacting, because if you take your favorite pony seriously like I do, you wouldn't let some random kid talk crap about her while her words are not true at all.

How come are you 19 if you were like 16 last year o.o hmmm suspicious.

Yeah Motion, i feel that way a lot.  On one hand being older then most means i feel naturally inclined to sit out from group skype chats, twilicorn drama, and spam threads because they just aren't that relevant to me. On the other hand i love the youthful energy of this fandom and the fact that 15 year olds like Omnipony can make near professional music and you can usually have an intelligent conversation with many people and just do not care if they are in their thirties, twenties, or aren't even an adult yet. It's when people can't complete sentences or type legibly or have anything meaningful to say or just don't see the forest from the trees that it's frustrating dealing with that lack of maturity. But most of the time it's luckily not that big a deal as we have a lot of intelligent and thoughtful people here. That's actually one of the reasons i enjoy working with Dreamsong on here is we're both in the upper percentile age bracket, and we have so much more in common than most. We actually have a cover song that's coming out this week on this exact subject.

And we don't care about the young folks

Talking 'bout the young style

And we don't care about the old folks

Talking 'bout the old style too

And we don't care about our own faults

Talking 'bout our own style

All we care 'bout is talking

Talking only me and you

Sometimes it's easier when you find a really good friend in the community to just hang with them and let the community drama just slip by. I just hope people don't mind some of us older bronies being on here. Talking from experience sometimes might feel like talking down to people and it's not meant to. Even if you're a teacher you're always a student. Life is give and take. Sharing thoughts and feelings is part of what we should do. I like that there's still some diversity in ages and in who we are.

the difference is that in the forum at least is easier to ignore ignorant threads or posts, but in a private message on facebook is really hard, especially if the person is targeting you, I feel like I just can't keep a conversation with her because I'm not at her level.

@@Fluttershyfan94, aye! Rarity is more than that!

Oh, yeah. I was like that once... Okay maybe more than once... But, Motion... Motion Motion Motionmotionmotion... If you think THIS is young bronies are bad, try playing on a TF2 server with a bunch of 6 year olds... Bronies, or not. happy.png

that's not gonna happen! ;)

• Brohoof 1

I was playing a late night game of l4d2 with some non-brony friends when a brony joined our game (avatars and names are a great giveaway for us aren't they?). Unfotunately the kid quickly admitted he was 12 and acted and sounded like it. He was practically babbling nonsensibly as we were trying to have a fun late night game of killing zombies and was being all around annoying. Short story we booted him shortly after and it wasn't because he was a kid, it was completely because he also acted like it. Most of the time i wouldn't know if someone is younger and its not a problem until your let it define how you act.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

To be honest I've been much more annoyed with older bronies than younger ones during my time in the fandom, although that's to be expected. I spend much more time interacting with older fans. It's much more about maturity than age in my opinion. Here I've met some incredibly mature and intelligent younger fans, and of course you can find immature older fans all over the internet. It's just something I've had to steel myself to (although usually I get myself worked up when people insult a different, more colorful character wink.png ). I guess certain attitudes are obnoxious regardless of who is expressing them. I'm glad I've never been in a situation like the one you described.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 6