Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Anypony Else Getting the "Elements of Harmony" Guidebook.

FoxyCryptid

I really like this book as well. My favorite part if it, hands-down, is all the commentary made by certain members of the show. Creators, that is. The Lauren Faust Q&A is pretty sweet.

• Brohoof 2

I might. Depends on how much it's going to be and if it's written for the bronies or the target demographic.

It is definitely written for bronies. I mean, it is appropriate for the target demographic to read it, but they may not be as interested in it unless they were on the older side of the target demographic (closer to 11 or 12 year old girls).

In it you get:

Intros by Jayson Thiessen and Megan McCarthy

Forward by Lauren Faust

Descriptions of several different characters, mane characters and side characters, including fan-favorites, villains, etc

A bit of a description of the Elements of Harmony themselves - not as in-depth as some of us would like, but it's something

Descriptions of different parts of Equestria that we have already visited, and a map of the whole place

An Interview with Lauren Faust

Summaries of each episode

Printed lyrics for all of the songs in the show

An overview of the brony fandom and how the show appeals to all ages

Plus it comes in a shnazy hardcover. Is nice. :3

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

On topic portion: I pre-ordered it on amazon along with some other mlp merchandise. I'll be pouring over every word happy.png The smallest side note could make all the difference with somethings img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png And with forewords from those two, you know it'll be great.

I just hope it doesn't say something like "Magic is the most important Element", because that would just further imply that Twilight is better than her friends, besides, everyone knows that Laughter is more important than anything.

Off topic part: Twilight draws from the lessons she's learned from her friends just as magic (aka friendship) requires all the other elements to exist. Harmony among these separate elements gives birth to magic- the unison of these individually great qualities produces something greater than the sum of their parts.

Since magic is inclusive of all the other elements, it shouldn't be viewed as entirely separate. One is a part of the other. Laughter is wonderful, but without honesty, loyalty, generosity, and kindness you end up with the old Discord (just wants a good time).

The friendship among the Mane 6 is different from the spells Twilight usually casts (arcane magic), their friendship is the true magic.

Edited by Starlight Sky

I checked my open orders on Amazon and mine has already shipped apparently. I should get it by Thursday, and I must say it will probably be my favorite piece of pony merchandise ever!

Just a note... there are definitely some mistakes in the book, like mis-named side characters and miscategorizing what episode(s) they are in. But as far as I know those are the only mistakes, which is not bad for a book like this. Would still like for it to be perfect but ya know, can't really expect that.

Probably gonna place an order soon. This book looks awesome! A friend of mine joked about how it's kinda like a brony bible laugh.png  lolol. Plus, all that content for 10 bucks? Totally worth it.

I really want to get it! I'd prefer not to order it online, though. I dunno why, I just prefer buying things in stores. My girlfriend and I checked Barnes and Noble the other day for it, but they didn't have it. We did manage to find the Crystal Heart Spell book, though, as well as the MLP My Busy Books, that come with the terrible, blindbag-sized figures (meh, I wanted them XP). We'll definitely keep checking B&N for the Elements of Harmony book :)

(edited)

Guess who got her book a day early?? :3

Amazon shipping is super speedy. Anyways, I will give my review after I read through it. Or flip through, whatever.

Tell me about it, I got it the day it after it shipped, despite the est arrival date being the 11th, that's what I'

m growing to love about Amazon. 

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 1

Howdy folks!

My copy arrived yesterday & gotta say it well worth the 10 bucks.happy.png

The interviews with Lauren & the show staff are a plus.

Woulda been super awesome if the book had interviews with the voice cast of the Mane 6 & Princess Celestia.

(But thats just mewink.png )

Some minor details got me scratching my head.

As every pony knows ep 1 & 2 of season 1 episode title has Friendship Is Magic Parts 1 & 2.

The other is Mare In The Moon.

And now the book says it The Magic Of Friendship.

I was likehuh.png

Ok 3 Ep titles for the pilot thats a hoot.

Others are various minor character pony names that different from the TV.

But none the less its a great book for fans of the show.

See ya!

Yes, I am definitely getting the guidebook.  It looks like it will be good.  I am surprised that it is a 12+ book.  That makes me want to read it even more.  

Wow this looks super duper fun to read. I enjoy reading books about My Little Pony it's just fun! Sometimes you learn things about one of the mane 6 ponies or a background pony that you never knew before. I feel there will be a lot of secrets in that book that I need to have.

(edited)

Can we assume that the names of background characters in this book are the "official" names?  I was pleasantly surprised to see the name "Dr. Hooves" in there. 

Edited by Shawn Parks
  • Brohoof 1

Can we assume the the names of background characters in this book are the "official" names? I was pleasantly surprised to see the name "Dr. Hooves" in there.

Yeah but Bon Bon was renames Sweetie Drops, and one of the purple pegasi from Hurricane Fluttershy was renamed Storm chaser or something. So most of the names are canon, but you have to remember that the trading cards have different names for some of these ponies as well...

• Brohoof 1

Yeah but Bon Bon was renames Sweetie Drops, 

I assumed that "Bon Bon" was a fan-created name.  Of course, so was "Dr. Hooves."  But I was not expecting the fan-created names to become official like that.  That was a pleasant surprise.  Lyra and Octavia were both in the book as well. 

• Brohoof 1

wow! I did not even know about this book, thank you so much. It's like.. A thing I must have, haha. I mean really it's quite cool.

I think I'm going to order it when I get back home

I assumed that "Bon Bon" was a fan-created name.  Of course, so was "Dr. Hooves."  But I was not expecting the fan-created names to become official like that.  That was a pleasant surprise.

Not sure who came up with it first, but both "Sweetie Drops" and "Bon Bon" have been used by various mechandise - Sweetie Drops is an appropriately coloured and marked clear minature, and Bon Bon was used in the smartphone game - but the series itself has never used her name. Similarly, Lyra and Octavia have both been used in merchandise before.

Great book. The comments and forewords by the crew are awesome. As has been mentioned, it should have had comments by the crew for the episode guide as well though. Also, I wish it had a bigger map of Equestria, perhaps even a fold-out one.

BUT, there is one mistake that I cannot look past:

There is no mention whatsoever of my favorite background pony, Berry Punch. sad.png

• Brohoof 1

One of my favorite locations in the entire series is the ancient castle of the royal pony sisters in the Everfree Forest. I love the fact that Lauren Faust chose to talk about it as her "what's one thing people may not know about Equestria" tidbit.

I'm fully expecting (read: hoping) that crumbling castle will be re-visited at some point...

• Brohoof 2

Yeah but Bon Bon was renames Sweetie Drops, and one of the purple pegasi from Hurricane Fluttershy was renamed Storm chaser or something. So most of the names are canon, but you have to remember that the trading cards have different names for some of these ponies as well...

The pony name thing on the purple pony was cleared up by someone working on the show.  The script had that original name and they never designed her so they just inserted Cloud Chaser in instead.

• Brohoof 1

I WOULD get the book, but I have many problems stoping me from doing so:

1. I don't have a credit card or a debit card of any kind.

2. I don't have an account on ANY online store. (Ebay, Amazon, etc.)

3. I move around so much, I never know where I'll be next or when.

4. Money-wise, all I have is $9.00, so yeah...

5. I don't own a car. I own a bike.

6. When or if it comes out to stores, none of the places I can ride to have ANYTHING MLP related!

• Brohoof 1

There's a weird one with Storm Chaser, yes, the character in the episode was Storm Chaser, but they didn't get the chance to draw them and used another characters model, so it's a case where both are right. 

I assumed that "Bon Bon" was a fan-created name.  Of course, so was "Dr. Hooves."  But I was not expecting the fan-created names to become official like that.  That was a pleasant surprise.  Lyra and Octavia were both in the book as well. 

Doctor Hooves is called that in the game, but he's called Time Turner on his card(which does imply that he is the Doctor by saying he's in charge of all things "Timey-Whimey".)