Who's going to the movie?

pinkiefan1287

Movie  

93 users have voted

1. 1. Are you going to the movie?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Oh what the hell Houston's the 4th largest city in the US and their only showing it at 2 of them both far away from where I live. Oh well I don't like movie theaters Movie Studio Grills better anyway.sad.png

Now the last reason does not involve the show, but more of the fandom. I just don't feel like I could go to this movie knowing that it maybe more for little girls and their families. Now this has always been my problem with the fan-dom and a movie release. I just don't think these 2 groups should mix. This could just be my little if. I have gone to these 2 day movies before. I went to the Yu-Gi-Oh! movie and the Pokemon movie, but that because I know their would be fans of the anime there and I was fine with that. Maybe I'm just over thinking this.

Lol if I go I'm taking my niece! XD Huh? Oh yes I am most defiantly just bringing my six year old little niece here because SHE wants to see it. I'll suffer in silence while she enjoys, <<<<------ that is precisely what I will tell anyone who asks.

Idk if I will go though. On the one hand, I want to give it a chance. There are some things that sound interesting about the movie. Also if this movie bombs I doubt they'll trying to make another MLP movie for theaters, Equestria girls or FiM. I doubt that is how the industry works but that is how my brain sees it. I know one person's support won't do much, but I still hold out hope one day we will get a FiM movie in theaters.

On the other hand... ehhhh there are some things I don't like initially just from the trailer. Like character designs. I saw a comic strip recently talking about Twilight's biggest challenge, there were all of these high school students leaned away in revulsion in their seats say, "What is wrong with her face?!" Idk maybe if everyone else besides the mane six have freaky faces and weird coloring too, I won't mind it. Also, as if I needed another reason to dislike Spike, his design is horrifying to me. If I spend my cash at the movies, it's generally going to be for something that I think is as much visual artistry as it is theatrical artistry. The look of this movie just does not appeal to me. I'll definantly see it some time, maybe in theaters, maybe not.

(edited)

If anyone is interested in going to see Equestria girls around my location, so long as i get to know you a little bit better, I'd be down with getting a bunch of bronies together and unite to see the movie. That is, if anypony is interested.

The only thing that I ask as that you get a skype account if you already don't and talk it out, also your location and such
iKFmwim.gif

Edited by Blue lightning

Bluuuee!!!! I will see it wit you!! we can have all kinds of movie snacks like...um...muffinz and Iceeeess and...and more muffinz and...mmm...now i wanna muffin....anyway I will come see it wit ya!

Dear Blue,

I don't want to watch any movies with you because you refuse to shave your armpits and that really stinks.

Sincerely,

your lover.

• Brohoof 1

I couldn't even if I wanted to. I live in BC and the only places in Canada that is being shown it are Toronto and Quebec city so I am official out of luck. I'm probably going to get it when it comes out on DVD or what it on TV with a couple friends so we can laugh for either the right or very wrong reasons.

Not me. I don't really care to see it in the first place. If it's bad, I don't want to be stuck in a theatre, with stale popcorn and a bunch of loud children.

Sorry, but I'm afraid I won't be going to see it. At least not in the theaters. I may watch it on Equestria.tv or something if it's shown there. But I really don't feel like paying to see this movie. Sorry.

(edited)

Well, I did not think there was any chance of available showings of "Equestria Girls" in my area.  So I had not considered the possibility of seeing it in the theater.  But I just found out today that a local theater will be showing it.  I have always felt weird seeing children's movies by myself.  And this one would be especially awkward.  I am not sure if I will see it.  I would be more likely to go to the theater if I had someone else with me. 

Edited by Shawn Parks

Dangit! No times at all in Kentucky :(

I bet once the movie gets closer to release, they'll have some times. Hopefully in Lexington lol.

Yeah I plan on taking my brony group where I live and we all can see it. I WANT TO SEE IT :P

I gonna try to go but I feel like its going to be weird telling my aunt and cousins that I want to see it. my cousins are little girls so I don't think people would find it odd that I went with them. but then again I don't care if people know I'm a brony so I could care less.

If anyone is interested in going to see Equestria girls around my location, so long as i get to know you a little bit better, I'd be down with getting a bunch of bronies together and unite to see the movie. That is, if anypony is interested.

The only thing that I ask as that you get a skype account if you already don't and talk it out, also your location and such

I've merged your topic seeking for local bronies going to the movie, with the 'Who's going to the movie?' overall thread. While your goal is slightly different, it's the same topic, and you can use the topic yourself to try and recruit individuals. Past that, I recommend blogs and status updates as well biggrin.png

Yeah sure why not, I probably won't like it as what I have seen so far is meh but at the very least i can say I gave it a shot and if it bombs I can laugh it off and thank God that it won't affect the show.

• Brohoof 1

I will definitely be seeing it.  I'm Uber-excited about it.  I love movies that have to do with someone adjusting to a new thing and this should be pretty funny.

Out of simple curiosity, and the will to give the movie the same chance I gave the show, I do want to see it eventually. I just don't know that my frugal ass would be willing to pay for an overpriced movie ticket to see it...i.e., I'll probably watch it when the Internet does its sworn duty and distributes the ever-loving crap out of it.

...Unless of course I knew a cute pegasister who really wanted to see it, but that's unlikely. Not just because I'm virtually un-datable (well yeah, that too), but more so because it seems that very few people associated with this fandom are willing to look past the design choices.

But hey. Even if it is a total bomb, we've still got season 4 to look forward to, eh? post-14546-0-63164600-1368411649.png

(edited)

I'm going with another brony here in New York,  If you're nearby you're totally welcome to join.

They're out on Long Island.

Banana

Edited by Level3rd

Yesterday, I went to see Iron Man 3 with my parents, and a Equestria Girls preview came on. My dad jokingly said I should go see it (I'm a closet brony) and i just faked a laugh. I think now I just have to pirate it online. Shouldn't be too long for someone to post it. 

Kennewick, Wenatchee, and Vancouver... Weird choices for Washington State. I'd have to cross the Cascade Mountains to get to two of them, and to the far end of the state to get to the other. That's a several hour trip to any of those places.

So no, I doubt it.

No I am not going to see it. I have a pet peeve about EG and it's how they made the characters all same colored toned. Yeah that right there is a big turn off to me they look like aliens they do.... W/e if people say it's good then ill check it out maybe on the Internet later on you know.