~Sole~

Griffins are UBER cool! I would LOVE to see more on the show not just in the background, but some character development as well. Perhaps a griffin can befriend the ponies and visit every few episodes similar to Babs? I love the design and the creativity - I TOTALLY vote them to be on the show laugh.png

• Brohoof 1

Griffins are UBER cool! I would LOVE to see more on the show not just in the background, but some character development as well. Perhaps a griffin can befriend the ponies and visit every few episodes similar to Babs? I love the design and the creativity - I TOTALLY vote them to be on the show img-1476393-1-laugh.png

that would be realy cool. Also, if hasbro decided to do it, the character should be a guy. There aren't enough guys in the show either.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Am I the only one who would love to see more griffons in the show? I have watched almost every episode of the show and I'm fairly sure gilda is the only griffon ever shown. There arent even that many griffon oc's, and even less fan art, fan fiction and respect in general. If anyone else agrees with me, then help me start a griffon uprising with your griffon oc's! Muahahahahaha!! But seriously, if you guys agree with me, then post it! Calling all griffon fans, I wanna hear your guys opinions, theories and reasons for lack of griffons, and how there should be more.

i feel the same way you feel about zebras. i mean, zecora is a friggin great representation of the zebra race and they still get little fan support! i always liked the buffalos too. mlp why u so RACIST? other races are ignored/barely recognized.

anyway griffins themselves are pretty awesome, i'd love to see them more in the show!

unfortunately i always saw gilda's character/personality as pretty unlikable, not to burst your bubble or anything sad.png

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 1

I'm against people who hate Gilda just because of the whole "How dare you yell at Fluttershy" crap. Meanwhile Discord, who not only brainwashed them all but forced Twilight into a near suicidal depression, is a fan favorite. Bull. Shit.

As for why we don' have that many griffons. Well this is "My little Pony" not "The many, many, species of Equestria."

• Brohoof 5

I have an OC griffin

attachicon.gifmygriffin.png

I do think there should be more griffins in the show, there could be so many new possibilities for new episodes. Oh well, anything could happen in the next season.

yeah, so do I. His names sole. I still think there should be a griffon creator though.

post-14224-0-32162500-1369005061_thumb.jpg

I agree about the possibilities of adding griffons, it would open so many doors for new episodes. But also think they should add more guys.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it would be really cool to see more griffins in the future.  Considering both Gilda and Gustave were both highly competitive, I could see the possibility of a conflict between the Ponies and the Griffins in the future.  Perhaps they are an empire that wishes to expand and set their sights on a lovely place such as Equestria.  It would be a fascinating conflict, indeed.

• 7 months later...

I think this topic deserved a little revival. Cuz guess what made another appearance? That's right, mother bucking griffons! In rainbow falls you can see them a few times, but they still don't get a huge part. I would like at least one more named griffon that doesn't act like a jerk (even though I actually like Gilda, she was being a jerk). So are there anymore griffon fans who feel the same?

• Brohoof 1

Let's not forget the ones from "Rainbow Falls". They may've been backgrounders, but they still stood out. Heck, they actually had neat designs.

As has been said, there might not be very many of them to begin with and chances are we just they're not around the same time as the Mane 6.

And least we forget: Hasbro wants to push ponies and ponies alone. Because, apparently, little girls aren't as interested in fantasy creatures as they are various kinds of ponies (though they may have a point there). Please note we haven't seen much of the other fantasy creatures either either. Heck, we haven't even seen much of other non-pony animals :huh:

Eh, to be honest they seem out of place in MLP and the only Griffon character we've seen wasn't really that interesting.

I personally think Gilda was really interesting, just a little mean. And how are they out of place in a world of dragons, manticore, dracconaquis and cocatrice?
  • Brohoof 2

I personally think Gilda was really interesting, just a little mean. And how are they out of place in a world of dragons, manticore, dracconaquis and cocatrice?

You have a point. Maybe I just don't like the design of the griffons. 

• Brohoof 1

@~chaotic sole~,

Take a letter, Spike:

Dear Meghan McCarthy,

Please bring back non-pony characters such as Gilda, Iron Will, and Garble's gang. And in general, please have more griffons, minotaurs, dragons, zebras, etc...

Love,

A.V.

Edited by Anti-Villain
  • Brohoof 3

@~chaotic sole~,

Take a letter, Spike:

Dear Meghan McCarthy,

Please bring back non-pony characters such as Gilda, Iron Will, and Garble's gang. And in general, please have more griffons, minotaurs, dragons, zebras, etc...

Love,

A.V.

haha, I agree all the way. I may be a huge fan of griffons, but I'd also love to see a larger cast of other races as well. Heck, they still haven't said much if anything about zebras even aside from zecora. I know it's a show about ponies, but why include other races at all if you don't put in a little extra work and show them more then just as Villans or background filler.

Am I the only one who would love to see more griffons in the show? I have watched almost every episode of the show and I'm fairly sure gilda is the only griffon ever shown. There arent even that many griffon oc's, and even less fan art, fan fiction and respect in general. If anyone else agrees with me, then help me start a griffon uprising with your griffon oc's! Muahahahahaha!! But seriously, if you guys agree with me, then post it! Calling all griffon fans, I wanna hear your guys opinions, theories and reasons for lack of griffons, and how there should be more.

Griffons are too much like humans... that's why I am a griffon when I see myself as anything pony related. I have too many flaws and struggles to relate to anything else. Griffons have to wing it, literally! I can respect a being with no magic (in a world filled with it anyways), has to deal with struggles and subjugated to a mortal king who will make mistakes, while across the ocean is a group of perfect group of pastel ponies who haven't seen war in so long that the last civil war faded into legend. 

• Brohoof 1

Griffon that would play bigger role in one episode (and would not be a jerk like Gilda was...) would be awesome for me. They are known to me as majestic creatures that are symbols of courage and I'd love to see them shown that way in MLP. They really have big potential and episode with griffons involved might be really awesome.

• Brohoof 1

did you paid attention to the background characters in Rainbow Falls? 

Timekeeper_awarding_medals_S4E10.pngThe Equestria Games are coming, and definitely those griffons are going to be featured, since they qualified. The black one looks kind of a jerk, but the white one looks cute with those wide opened eyes (that kinda sounds racist  :blush: )

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Just because he/she's a big dark colored griffon doesn't mean he'll/she'll be evil or anything. But that aside, yeah we might get to see them again soon. And maybe we might even get their names :D

Edited by ~chaotic sole~

Just because he's a big dark colored griffon doesn't mean he'll be evil or anything. (...)

If he/she were evil, then he'd/she'd also have glowing green eyes with purple smoke.

Edited by Anti-Villain

Just because he/she's a big dark colored griffon doesn't mean he'll/she'll be evil or anything. But that aside, yeah we might get to see them again soon. And maybe we might even get their names :D

it was not because of her size nor color, it was because of her gaze, compare it with the smaller-white one 

(edited)

it was not because of her size nor color, it was because of her gaze, compare it with the smaller-white one

so? Doesn't look evil or angry, just kinda bored or uninterested. But who knows? Maybe your right. We'll just have to wait and see. Edited by ~chaotic sole~