Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your weaknesses?

Away

Depends on your point of view, what makes a weakness a weakness. With the right arguments you can turn nearly any so called "weaknesses" into a positive attribute. Anyhow I consider my weaknesses are that I'm too introvert and I'm waaaay too lazy.

• Brohoof 1

My depression is my weakness. It's always cast over me, like a shadow. Sometimes, it feels like I'm drowning in a sea of loneliness and self-loathing, and there's no life preserver to grab onto. And, when there is, I'm too far away to grab onto it, and be pulled out. My depression is not only my weakness, it's my master.

• Brohoof 3

Weaknesses: My shyness, my everlasting hope that never seems to end, my pathetic need for love, how one insult can crash my self esteem

But hey that's me. Can't really change it, just accept it really. 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

1 I can't control my emotions too well. (My Little Pony has actually helped that a little bit)

2 I am quite asocial. When I have to talk to somebody I may delay it or not even do it.

3 @TUAM yes, that is you (and this is me) we both can't change who we are, we just are required to accept it, it's part of life.

Edited by Rainbow P.F. Sparkle
  • Brohoof 1

Biting my tongue lol 

I'm very opinionated, and while I can stay civilized and calm, I tend to open my mouth a lot and say things I shouldn't. :P Oh well.

• Brohoof 1

I come across as extremely cold and indifferent to everything. I don't really like to be emotional unless I'm with a VERY close friend, and I don't know how to comfort or make people feel better. If a friend starts crying, or is depressed, I'll just sit there not knowing what to do. 

I'm extremely shy and reserved, and I don't do well in social situations. Talking to someone who I don't know is daunting, to the point that I dislike picking up the phone. Even when its necessary to talk to someone, like the doctor, or my teachers, I may not do it.

I tend to overthink things, a LOT. A little thing that someone said may be in my mind for a long time, and will result in me trying to think about why they said it, or how they feel about me, even if it was a tiny, trivial thing.

Also, I tend to attach to things way too easily, and I have a tendency to get crushes on fictional characters, which usually lasts for months and gets me extremely down.  

• Brohoof 1

Untill i get comfortable around a person i can never tell if their being sincere or not. This often leads me to ask if their angry or if im bugging them and then they think i'm insecure and clingy. I also can bottle up my emotions and when i reach my breaking point i just snap out of the blue. My final big fault is i'm impatient and have very low tolerance for stupidity which often leads people to think i'm an angry serious person.

My mistrust in people and not having my fedora on outside.

And I suppose my inability to engage in conversation since, well, typically I have nothing to say unless it involves me directly.

My lack of empathy. Sometimes I feel it's really hard to connect with people. I often struggle to bring myself to care about other people's problems unless I'm good friends with them.

Well, I guess my most potent weakness is my arrogance. I often catch myself thinking of myself as 'superior' to most of my peers. I mean, I can literally stand in front of the mirror for a solid twenty-thirty minutes doing nothing and not get bored. Also, things like standardized tests, which I do very well on, being in the 99th percentile, only serve to increase my feelings of superiority. I have managed to entomb it inside, and don't voice it, but sometimes it shows when I take no interest in what a peer of mine is saying, or when I don't care to return a text or hang out with a person I don't view as 'worthy' of my time. I don't exactly know how to get rid of it, since everyone is always telling me how talented and poised I am, and how I'm 'gonna do big things', which does nothing to help my ego. I know its wrong, but I can't rid myself of it....

• Brohoof 3

I have a lot of weaknesses. I have Narcolepsy which means I fall asleep randomly. This hasn't exactly helped my grades in school. Along with the Narcolepsy comes Cataplexy which is...interesting to say the least. My cataplexy really isn't too bad. I just feel kinda wonky and my muscles kind of don't work if I get too emotional. Not too bad though. Some people have it far, far worse than I do.

I swear I have social anxiety. When I go to friend's parties I'm usually just the quiet guy in the corner. I'm a Fluttershy at parties. (Awkward, quiet, ect.) When it's just me and my close friends I'm totally different. 

• Brohoof 2

I am very opinionated, stubborn and often have trouble controlling the filter from my brain to my big fat mouth. And I also have a bit of a temper though it is not nearly as bad as it used to be.

My weakness is I'm bad at social interactions in real life like when I work with a group of people I don't know I can't communicate with them so basically I need to do everything alone. 

Women.  The End.  

hehehehehehe naw in reality I think my weakness is my over honesty and being prone to arrogance.  I'm AWARE it's easy for me to become arrogant so I try to keep a constant watch over my opinion of myself and try to make sure I'm listening to others and not getting back into that "I'm a freaking rockstar you can suck it if you don't agree" mentality I used to have.  Sometimes I go too far in my trying to keep myself from arrogance, to the point that I don't let myself just be myself, most of my friends tell me I don't act arrogant anymore and need to stop worrying about it, but I'm just so ashamed of some of the things I did when I was unaware of it that I'm terrified to go back.  

I also tend to be too... friendly with strangers.  Like I don't use caution with people I don't know, often times I think of funny jokes to add to conversations strangers are having I'm not even a part of and just insert them suddenly without even introducing myself, these people usually stare wide eyed like "who the hell are you and where did THAT come from..."  

I've even freaked some people out on this forum lol, their avatars made me think of funny things to say and I liked their profiles so rather than pming them and being like "Hi I'm symph I thought your profile was cool here's a little about me" I just pm'd them some random nonsense that my brain came up with and their response was... scared.  LOL  It's just me though man I feel like we're this big human family and I refuse to act like we aren't.  I guess when you consider that more people than not have bad intentions these days it's understandable people don't trust me or get me when they've never spoken to me, I just don't care enough to change my behavior over it.  I can tell when people are freaked out, and if they are I just go bother someone else LOL 

Well, I guess my most potent weakness is my arrogance. I often catch myself thinking of myself as 'superior' to most of my peers. I mean, I can literally stand in front of the mirror for a solid twenty-thirty minutes doing nothing and not get bored. Also, things like standardized tests, which I do very well on, being in the 99th percentile, only serve to increase my feelings of superiority. I have managed to entomb it inside, and don't voice it, but sometimes it shows when I take no interest in what a peer of mine is saying, or when I don't care to return a text or hang out with a person I don't view as 'worthy' of my time. I don't exactly know how to get rid of it, since everyone is always telling me how talented and poised I am, and how I'm 'gonna do big things', which does nothing to help my ego. I know its wrong, but I can't rid myself of it....

I feel you dawg.  Arrogance sucks, the way I really... toned it down finally, was when someone pointed out to me like how and where I was being arrogant, and I finally UNDERSTOOD that people could SEE it, and then saw it from THEIR angle and realized it's EMBARRASSING.  Like you have to feel that embarrassment to break from of arrogance, I really think it's the only way, you have to suddenly realize that no one is buying it, no one believes you, they see it for what it is and just roll their eyes and feel embarrassed for you.  It's a hard realization to have, but once you have it you can finally kind of, come back down to earth and be like "whoa... you guys have plenty to teach me as well... I'm going to learn to listen and keep my mouth shut when I need to and stop shoving my opinions which CAN be flawed down your throats"  

Is that to say I don't still think I have alot to teach people?  Sure I do, but I always try to take into account that they could have plenty to teach me as well now, even if sometimes I have to FORCE myself to remember this.  I'll catch myself getting preachy again and then stop and be like "of course you may disagree, and if you have anything to add please do so"  It's... it's a struggle.  

• Brohoof 1

Stupid people that don't try to understand any other side to an argument besides their own.  Also people who can't think deeply about things.

(edited)
I feel like a complete jerk.

I've been called a complete jerk before, then I remind people that some of my brain cells are missing so I can't be a complete anything!

So my weaknesses....

I have flutter rage Aaaarrrrggg_zps0755bc6a.jpg that explodes like a sonic rainboom sometimes and everyone backs off... this has led to loss of friendships and girl friends in the past.

Oh yeah...I'm also ultra possessive and jealous in a relationship which has also led to loss of girlfriends in the past but current one doesn't seem to mind since she's needy!

And my last weakness is... I'm a brony. *Sigh* Totally addicted but it could be worse. At least it's not drugs or alcohol and at least I haven't got any women pregnant yet! (Except in role play)  

Women.  The End.  

Amen brother!

Edited by Mikestar

My own self at times :/... I haven't had the best self esteem as of late and have been extra critical of myself.... And it has affected me a lot to be honest with you. When you come to a point in which you no longer love yourself and lose your own self-confidence. It is really hard to be a good friend to others and at times you may find yourself isolating yourself from others. I have been struggling with a lot of personal things as of late... Fear of others not wanting me around, being ignored, being left out from things, not being able to connect with people, and a lot of things correlating to that.

I honestly do not know why I have been feeling this way lately. I have been trying to tell myself change yourself to be a more like-able person and trying to work on my self esteem. I don't know why I have been in this state of self denial though its really weird... I have seen it affecting me a lot personally....

• Brohoof 2

My own self at times :/... I haven't had the best self esteem as of late and have been extra critical of myself.... And it has affected me a lot to be honest with you. When you come to a point in which you no longer love yourself and lose your own self-confidence. It is really hard to be a good friend to others and at times you may find yourself isolating yourself from others. I have been struggling with a lot of personal things as of late... Fear of others not wanting me around, being ignored, being left out from things, not being able to connect with people, and a lot of things correlating to that.

I honestly do not know why I have been feeling this way lately. I have been trying to tell myself change yourself to be a more like-able person and trying to work on my self esteem. I don't know why I have been in this state of self denial though its really weird... I have seen it affecting me a lot personally....

That's what youtube does to me.  I used to think my music was just unbelievable and I was this really cool awesome dude to be around.  Then I started youtubing all the time and like... I don't know if it's good to actually SEE yourself over and over again that much, especially when people's reactions to you are mixed.  I went from trusting everything I did and just going with whatever I felt like doing, to questioning my every motive, questioning if I was real, questioning if I was good, wondering if I was just an idiot.  I've learned alot sense then though.  

I don't really have any advice for you, in a way we're in the same boat, but I think the biggest thing you have to do is DONT ANALYZE.  Just don't dwell on your behavior, and don't assume things like... I'll get this feeling, I'll think people secretly are making fun of me, or secretly think I'm a loser, or just.. stuff like that.  If you don't have evidence to back it up, don't assume it, but it's... way easier said than done, and I am still struggling to fix this as well.

• Brohoof 2

I'm some what shy and awkward around new people (especially girls).

Chocolate, you give me that and I'm just down and out.

Boobs. Yes boobs I'm a guy what can I say? :P

• Brohoof 1

Fancy mathematics. The reason I didn't get into the Canadian army not once but twice. In my math class in college I got 50/100 which means I passed right on the button.

Shyness. I am not very shy compared to others, in fact I can be confident. It's mostly when I'm genuinely attracted to a woman, they become virtually unapproachable because of my shyness. This is coming from someone who was the soul person to keep their cool, "stay frosty", while everyone else is losing their shit at the news on the radio we had on us. We were in the middle of the bush around midnight, and a hostile bear was in the area that had already mauled a girl that same night. I was very afraid, I won't deny that, but losing you're cool won't help either.

That is some weaknesses that come to mind.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Time for a revival? Well, here goes nothing.

Even though in real life, I generally stay distant and indifferent to people I don't know, I've been lucky enough to make a few friends in my life. However, the problem is that I get clingy a bit too easily and quickly. Maybe it's just me but I generally get the feeling sometimes that I'm annoying my friends when I try to talk to them. Like sometimes I think I talk to them too much. So whenever I try to make a new friend here on the forums, I try not to message them too much because I'm afraid I might come on too strong and scare them off. Sometimes I'll get the urge to message someone but I hold back because I don't want to appear to clingy.

Edited by LatinoChurro

My main weakness is emotions, more specifically, fear and love.

I can't show those as I become pathetic and weird if I ever show these.

Along with multiple socializaton at once.

In the internet, this is silly, but I have an unusual weakness towards fillies of MLP FIM.

• Brohoof 2